New MXIII plus jittery display on UHD TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New MXIII plus jittery display on UHD TV

Hi, Just received my MXIII plus...took 3 days to Australia from Geekbuying via TNT...well worth the extra $10 to have it couriered...
    Anyway, it has 106L1 fw but the display is slightly jittery when set to 4k/2k 30hz...seems a bit more stable at 1080P but that defeats the purpose of having a 4k set...so I saw there were some issues with hardware accelleration in previous fw and given the number of pixels being thrown around I guess that could be the cause of the jittery display...its just noticeable but given the old Orion Meta had no problems I'd like to get this sorted. It does play 4k vids including the Blender foundations demos very well..the Orion Meta wouldn't play those at all..... so anyone noticed this problem?

Oh... the display issue isn't tied to Kodi, it is noticeable in the Android home screen.

edit...Just in case anyone here is actually interested or come across similar behaviour. I went back to the box after a couple of hours and it had reconnected to the TV. The problem is as I sort of suspected the Amlogic hardware acceleration within Kodi, although that does not completely explain the slight shakiness of the display I originally reported even without Kodi running, but that too seems to have stabilised, maybe the chipset is now burnt in or something. So with the latest 106L1 fw and the latest 'stable' 15.2 release of Kodi the Amlogic hardware acceleration algorithm is dodgy.
    Last edited by 2Old2Slow; 11-23-2015, 22:11.

In fact the shaky display appears to be caused by my U-Vision active upconversion cable. I have been using this to assist upconverting 720 and 1080 to 4k and it worked exceedingly well with the Tronny Orion Meta RK3288...with the MXIII Plus I get the shaky screen. Normal HDMI cable no shaky screen and no decent upconversion...anyway that still doesn't resolve the AMlogic hardware acceleration codec problem in Kodi...

Comment

Working...
    X