Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I install this rom, if my box has these features? Thank you
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

blue table 2017
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Work in Mecool m8s Plus W 1gb/8gb?

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
          In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these Nano and Stock Nexus ROMs prove that less can be more. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added à la carte by the user as needed. These ROMs also serve as a foundation for TVStock Nexus ROMs, which deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package.

Stock Nexus variant includes:Nano Nexus variant includes:
          • Open GApps Nano Package
          • Google Now Launcher (replaces Lighthome Launcher)
          • Google Chrome Browser (replaces AOSP Browser)
          • Google Legacy Camera (replaces AOSP Camera)
          • Google Desk Clock (replaces AOSP Desk Clock)
          • Google WebView (replaces AOSP WebView)
          • Terminal app from LineageOS
          • TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 by TeamWin
          Changelog (20180311):
          • Updated to the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20180126.191102.V0928),.
          • Wake from sleep is now working, and taking the expected 2-3 seconds.
          • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 with latest OEM kernel.
          • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20180311).
          Changelog (20180121):
          • Updated to the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20171030.152444.V0619),.
          • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 with latest OEM kernel.
          • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20180121).
          Changelog (20171201):
          • Based on the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20171017.112143.V0619), stripped to Android stock bits and the latest Open GApps.
          • Added local update and backup option from Settings->About->System update based on Amlogic stock OTAUpgrade app.
          • Added additional options (Reboot & Sleep) to global action menu that displays when you press and hold the Power button.
          • Added support for all HID devices (e.g. remotes, gamepads, etc.) on latest Nougat firmware for Nexus Player, NVIDIA Shield TV & Xiamoi Mi Box
          • Nexus splash logo with stock Nexus boot animation
          Known Bugs:
          • Clicking on Vision Settings in the setup wizard will launch an unsupported activity in Settings.
          • You can enable the nav bar in Settings->Display->Statusbar, but may need to toggle back and forth before it will show.
          Download:Notes:
          • The underlying OEM firmware for this build is pre-rooted, so this is too.
          • The updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. If you're installing for the first time, you should include a data wipe.
          • The safest bet is always to install the full Amlogic burn package with USB Burning Tool. With no reset switch, you can trigger USB detection by typing "reboot update" in a terminal window.
          • The local terminal app shows after being enabled in Settings->Developer Options. (This must be revealed by clicking Settings->About->Build 7 times.)
          • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset.
          Credits:Donations:
          • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.
          Click image for larger version Name:	nexus.jpg Views:	4 Size:	10.8 KB ID:	659665Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170721-072938.jpg Views:	4 Size:	9.9 KB ID:	659661Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170721-072953.jpg Views:	4 Size:	16.5 KB ID:	659662Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003105.jpg Views:	3 Size:	14.7 KB ID:	659654Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003120.jpg Views:	3 Size:	35.5 KB ID:	659657Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003203.jpg Views:	3 Size:	24.6 KB ID:	659655Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003325.jpg Views:	3 Size:	19.6 KB ID:	659663Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003248.jpg Views:	3 Size:	22.0 KB ID:	659658Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003302.jpg Views:	3 Size:	20.1 KB ID:	659656Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003210.jpg Views:	3 Size:	46.5 KB ID:	659659Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170721-010720.jpg Views:	3 Size:	29.2 KB ID:	659660Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170721-010729.jpg Views:	3 Size:	43.0 KB ID:	659664
          Quando coloco essa ROM na caixa aparece a rom ATV , por que? O que tô fazendo de errado

Comment

Hi @Magendanz, installed M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180802.182556.V0213 stock (very good by the way) and wanted to root it, so installed twrp via update app with signed zip but it now always says cant mount /system and /data and others.

Tried a few other twrp versions and still the same error as with twrp from your rom 20180311.

Stock recovery of M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180802.182556.V0213 launched from sdcard works fine, stock recovery from 20180126.191102.V0928 (previous version) does not.

Do you know whats going on? Recommend any twrp version i may try?

Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Probably just need to tweak the fstab in TWRP. I'll take a look.

I have simmilar issue. Can`t mount SD card or USB in TWRP. There is only internal memory to chose. Any solutions??

Comment

Installed NANO version, on a X96mini - 2/16 GB, but only 1/8GB registered in the info-box
              Any way to "open up" the rest of memory/storage ?

Should I do something to the flashfile, or is there a 'setting' ?

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                That's in the DTB, which I pulled directly from the OEM firmware. There are 1G and 2G versions, and the bootloader should select the correct one at runtime.

If anyone has a link to the latest OEM firmware release, I can update with that to see if it fixes the problem. It's been a few months since I've had the time to look at this.

Dear Guest . I am also one of the owner of Mecool M8S Pro W with the blue motherboard and latest revision, where the flash memory is completely different. This is why we cannot install your custom roms and the procedure hangs at 7%. Another thing to note is that the new boxes are shipped with Android 7.1.2 like following: M8S PRO W-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L with version 20180724.093649.V0213 . I asked supplier and they provided following ota file : https://mega.nz/#F!jE9DUTDY!vkLtjn8UeCeM20_iXIKvbQ . Do you think you could perform your magic and create a stock & nano nexus rom based on this firmware?

Comment

Dear Guest . I am also one of the owner of Mecool M8S Pro W with the blue motherboard and latest revision, where the flash memory is completely different. This is why we cannot install your custom roms and the procedure hangs at 7%. Another thing to note is that the new boxes are shipped with Android 7.1.2 like following: M8S PRO W-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L with version 20180724.093649.V0213 . I asked supplier and they provided following ota file : https://mega.nz/#F!jE9DUTDY!vkLtjn8UeCeM20_iXIKvbQ . Do you think you could perform your magic and create a stock & nano nexus rom based on this firmware?

Comment

Hi Guest .
                  Also an owner of new type box.
                  I really miss navigation bar at the bottom.
                  If i take systemui.apk from your rom, and put it the box running stock firmware, will it work?
                  My regards.

Comment

Originally posted by denexo View Post
                    Do you think you could perform your magic and create a stock & nano nexus rom based on this firmware?
                    Well, as a general rule I can't build custom ROMs for devices that I don't have, since I need to be able to at least do some basic smoke tests. In this case, it will depend on how much they've actually changed. If it's just an updated device tree, then I'd probably only need someone with the new hardware willing to be a beta tester. Anything more involved than that would be problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

Well, as a general rule I can't build custom ROMs for devices that I don't have, since I need to be able to at least do some basic smoke tests. In this case, it will depend on how much they've actually changed. If it's just an updated device tree, then I'd probably only need someone with the new hardware willing to be a beta tester. Anything more involved than that would be problematic.
                      Guest If it is just an updated device tree, i can provide feedback if needed. A working TWRP recovery, where it can properly mount internal storage and SD would be a good start!

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The Amlogic bootloader supports loading DTB's at runtime, so Mecool should have just added the new hardware variant so that everything can still run off the latest OEM firmware releases. Right now I'm looking at the 20180802.182556.V0213 release, and we'll see if this just works on both.

Hi Guest . I was looking to flash my M8S Pro W with the Android TV version of the firmware ( it came with standard Android ) but I'd like to put the newer version if possible. Any progress on the 20180802 release ?
                      I can help if needed as I work in IT and have a bit of experience with Linux and Android.

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sorry, I had other priorities come up this weekend, but I'll be refreshing all these M8S Pro ROMs soon.

Yeah I know how that is Guest . Still let me know if I can help in some way and thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by denexo View Post
                        Hi, do you have also the link on .img file which can be used in Burn card maker?
                        I think I have similar version of Pro W box as you have. No Rom from this forum works and I don?t know how to install back the stock ROM without usb cable...

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X