Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M96X MAX 4K HDR VP9 TV BOX Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X 2G/16G 802.11b/g/n LAN KODI Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marco.s86
    replied
    Is this good enough?

Leave a comment:

• marco.s86
    replied
    Originally posted by Jancales View Post

No idea about that, I get that also ocassionally, but try other usb cable or usb slot.

Also press start then insert usb cable. When get error unplug and plug in again, rinse and repeat until succeed.

You also definitely have to change your heat sink, because the firmware get slow because device overheats.

Use USB tool 2.0.8

I read the comments regarding the heatsink but i'm not sure what to replace it with or where to purchase...Any ideas

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Originally posted by marco.s86 View Post

Thanks I will try them tonight. Do you have any insight as to why I am getting a failure at 2% with a lot of roms using the burning tool?

Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error

The only 2 roms I was able to flash without errors was the 7.1.2 that you posted in this thread and the 6.0 that's stuck at 720p...
    No idea about that, I get that also ocassionally, but try other usb cable or usb slot.

Also press start then insert usb cable. When get error unplug and plug in again, rinse and repeat until succeed.

You also definitely have to change your heat sink, because the firmware get slow because device overheats.

Use USB tool 2.0.8

Leave a comment:

• marco.s86
    replied

I have flashed 2 Xannytech roms ( including the ATV he posted a link in the other thread) and the Mangendanz mini m8s II nano and atv rom to different devices, and all work very well.

I have the devices with the Realtek chip.

Thanks I will try them tonight. Do you have any insight as to why I am getting a failure at 2% with a lot of roms using the burning tool?

Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error

The only 2 roms I was able to flash without errors was the 7.1.2 that you posted in this thread and the 6.0 that's stuck at 720p...

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Originally posted by marco.s86 View Post
    I recently purchased this box and the software (7.1.2) that comes pre-installed is not usable. Way too slow. I tried to flash the 6.0 software at the beginning of this thread but wifi does not work and resolution is stuck at 720p. Also tried several other roms (Abdul, xannytech, mini mxIII) but was unsuccessful in loading them through the burning tool as I keep getting an error at 2%. Can anyone provide a decent rom for this box that I will be able to flash through the burning tool?

Thanks in advance
    I have flashed 2 Xannytech roms ( including the ATV he posted a link in the other thread) and the Mangendanz mini m8s II nano and atv rom to different devices, and all work very well.

I have the devices with the Realtek chip.

Leave a comment:

• marco.s86
    replied
    I recently purchased this box and the software (7.1.2) that comes pre-installed is not usable. Way too slow. I tried to flash the 6.0 software at the beginning of this thread but wifi does not work and resolution is stuck at 720p. Also tried several other roms (Abdul, xannytech, mini mxIII) but was unsuccessful in loading them through the burning tool as I keep getting an error at 2%. Can anyone provide a decent rom for this box that I will be able to flash through the burning tool?

Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• mXHX
    replied
    anyone advice how to switch display digit time from 12h format to 24h ?

Leave a comment:

• mXHX
    replied
    Someone can sort this out for me?

I have one of these devices on which I already flashed 3 different custom firmware found on this forum, and when I look in Android storage all 3 tell me that my internal storage is 54Gb.

CPU-Z apk and Kodi system info also tell me 54Gb. I don't know what the original firmware says, and i don't feel I want to flash it again just to know.

Anyway, the same firmwares flashed on another same box show the correct 16Gb internal storage.

Any explanation for this?
    I tryed many flashes from other S905X boxes in it and it was ok. Which version of board do you have ?

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Someone can sort this out for me?

I have one of these devices on which I already flashed 3 different custom firmware found on this forum, and when I look in Android storage all 3 tell me that my internal storage is 54Gb.

CPU-Z apk and Kodi system info also tell me 54Gb. I don't know what the original firmware says, and i don't feel I want to flash it again just to know.

Anyway, the same firmwares flashed on another same box show the correct 16Gb internal storage.

Any explanation for this?

Leave a comment:

• mXHX
    replied

The score Treor posted is not from M96X Max, it's from M96X VBOX, different box.

If you want performance then install a custom firmware, the Mini M8S II from Xannytech and Superceleron work very well on this box.
    I tryed every flash, but very few is based on 7.1.1 NMF26Q. See pictures, what is the minor defect of every 7.1.2 NHG47L version. Google or Amlogic sucks it.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Originally posted by mXHX View Post

my AnTuTu score of your stock fw is: 30492 points 3D:1962 UX:12898 CPU:11512 RAM:4120, which is more than before.
    Trebor posted also 7.1.2 version but on pictures he has 71.1 NMF26Q, which I need. It isn't just about performance but also of video decoding of some HLS streams. 7.1.2 version intelaces my streams with just software encoder instead of 7.1.1 encodes it fine (experiences from other boxes).

I know about heat sink, I will post my solution pictures of change it (and many other boxes) but first I need solve that 7.1.1 flash.
    The score Treor posted is not from M96X Max, it's from M96X VBOX, different box.

If you want performance then install a custom firmware, the Mini M8S II from Xannytech and Superceleron work very well on this box.

Leave a comment:

• mXHX
    replied

I only have this one and the one Trebor posted, which is the equivalent for the Realtek chip.

Why do you think it is poor performance, I posted a Antutu test of 31058 for the Realtek version a few posts higher up, which I think is a reasonable score.

Because the September version is poor, doesn't mean the November version hasn't improved, that is after all why they release new firmwares isn't it?

Changing your heat sink will also improve you score, because the factory heat sink is beyond a bad joke, and box starts performing bad when heating up.
    my AnTuTu score of your stock fw is: 30492 points 3D:1962 UX:12898 CPU:11512 RAM:4120, which is more than before.
    Trebor posted also 7.1.2 version but on pictures he has 71.1 NMF26Q, which I need. It isn't just about performance but also of video decoding of some HLS streams. 7.1.2 version intelaces my streams with just software encoder instead of 7.1.1 encodes it fine (experiences from other boxes).

I know about heat sink, I will post my solution pictures of change it (and many other boxes) but first I need solve that 7.1.1 flash.

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied

wow Thank you much Jancales, I lost hope that someone has it. But this is 7.1.2 (your file s905xm82.M96X_MAX_7.1_2G_HS2734A_100M.2017.11.23.0 9.30.img).
    I need 7.1.1 NMF26Q 20170622 version because 7.1.2 NHG47L is very poor performance.
    Do you have 7.1.1 NMF26Q 20170622 version ? even though for 8723bs wifi.
    I only have this one and the one Trebor posted, which is the equivalent for the Realtek chip.

Why do you think it is poor performance, I posted a Antutu test of 31058 for the Realtek version a few posts higher up, which I think is a reasonable score.

Because the September version is poor, doesn't mean the November version hasn't improved, that is after all why they release new firmwares isn't it?

Changing your heat sink will also improve you score, because the factory heat sink is beyond a bad joke, and box starts performing bad when heating up.

Leave a comment:

• mXHX
    replied

Here you go mate

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now
    wow Thank you much Jancales, I lost hope that someone has it. But this is 7.1.2 (your file s905xm82.M96X_MAX_7.1_2G_HS2734A_100M.2017.11.23.0 9.30.img).
    I need 7.1.1 NMF26Q 20170622 version because 7.1.2 NHG47L is very poor performance.
    Do you have 7.1.1 NMF26Q 20170622 version ? even though for 8723bs wifi.

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Please any who has this box, please send me the IMG file or TWRP backup from pictures by trebor. It is
    S905031-userdebug 7.1.1 NMF26Q 20170622
    Here you go mate

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Leave a comment:

Working...
X