Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M96X MAX 4K HDR VP9 TV BOX Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X 2G/16G 802.11b/g/n LAN KODI Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mXHX
    replied
    Please any who has this box, please send me the IMG file or TWRP backup from pictures by trebor. It is
    S905031-userdebug 7.1.1 NMF26Q 20170622

Leave a comment:

• mXHX
    replied
    Today arrives from GearBest this version of board with completely different chips of memory, flash and WiFi, so no older flash img not working WiFi and Bluetooth any more.
    The version of Android for this board is s905xm82-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20170926, but we don't have IMG file of it. If someone want it to work with this HS2734A wifi, I can send just TWRP backup.

AnTuTu score of this version is very bad: just 27743 points
    3D:1597
    UX:11369
    CPU:10623
    RAM:4154
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• jlleventon
    replied
    Originally posted by Jancales View Post
    Heat sink has to be 100% flat and smooth underneath, otherwise it doesn't make sense

You need to use some thermal silicone adhesive to mount the heat sink. Not thermal grease as is used with PC CPU's.

$1 for 10gr HC-910 on fle**** or similar sites.

Heat sinks same, about $1 - 2 for a 100x40x11 on the same source.
    The heatsink mating surface is free of fragments, gnarles and scratches.

Undersood about heatsink/CPU mating habbits and conditions

The aluminum foil is between the housing dimple and the fins or spikes of the heatsink.

I must have moved to the land before time, every thing has to be mail ordered here and await the pony express to deliver once every 2 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• jlleventon
    replied
    The more I run thistest, the higher these scores climb. It is up to 27338. . . maybe usage will make it faster

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    And I also notice now that the test in post #25 are not from the M96X Max, but from the M96X VBOX

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180106-091336.png
Views:	495
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	699491Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180106-091357.png
Views:	456
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	699492Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180106-091314.png
Views:	500
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	699493Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180106-091423.png
Views:	507
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	699494Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180106-091345.png
Views:	485
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	699495
    Originally posted by jlleventon View Post

? It is a tv in the bedroom. May have to dig settings
    Clearly something wrong mate, these tests were taking just now.

Leave a comment:

• jlleventon
    replied
    Originally posted by Jancales View Post

Why you have only HD resolution?

Are you connected to a HD only monitor or are your display settings not correct?
    ? It is a tv in the bedroom. May have to dig settings

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    My AnTuTu score are very different from post#25
    Why you have only HD resolution?

Are you connected to a HD only monitor or are your display settings not correct?

Leave a comment:

• jlleventon
    replied
    My AnTuTu score are very different from post#25
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Heat sink has to be 100% flat and smooth underneath, otherwise it doesn't make sense

You need to use some thermal silicone adhesive to mount the heat sink. Not thermal grease as is used with PC CPU's.

$1 for 10gr HC-910 on fle**** or similar sites.

Heat sinks same, about $1 - 2 for a 100x40x11 on the same source.

Leave a comment:

• jlleventon
    replied
    the heat sink that I found came from a 2001 Dell desktop.
    It wasn't the main CPU heat sink with a cooling fan, but it had a tension wire that held it in place on some chip that was on the motherboard.
    This heat sink was about an 1 inch tall and maybe 2"x2".

After cutting, it is close to 35x35x12mm with the center recessed to accommodate the dimple in the center of the bottom cover so the board could lay flat in the mounting location.

I didn't think that it should short out on any other components (i am a real beginner)

I must have recessed the center too much.

After booting it up and resetting the device multiple times (i had removed the sd card that i has saved as internal storage)
    i noticed that the heat sink was rattling around inside the device

I used aluminum foil to make up the lost thickness

There is a "reset button" inside the audio jack, but it doesn't function as describes in other box tutorials :/
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Thank you!

I saw your post about the heat sink earlier. Just found a huge heat sink from an old computer. I have cut the heat sink down to size and have reassembled. will try this before any firmware doctoring.

Thanks again
    I use HS 25x25x10, so anything above that should be ok. I think the maximum you can use on that box is 35x60x12.

Leave a comment:

• jlleventon
    replied
    Thank you!

I saw your post about the heat sink earlier. Just found a huge heat sink from an old computer. I have cut the heat sink down to size and have reassembled. will try this before any firmware doctoring.

Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Can one use beelink mini mxiii firmware with this m96x max? it has many of the same parts and features
    Yes you can use but you have to modify the remote configuration and bluetooth.

The latest firmware posted by Trebor works well, you only have to make sure you replace your heat sink, because the factory heat sink is beyond a bad joke.

As long as you can keep operating temperature below 70°C there are no issues, but that is impossible with stock heat sink.

Above that temperature scrolling may become a bit erroneous and installing apps may be slow.

Leave a comment:

• jlleventon
    replied
    Can one use beelink mini mxiii firmware with this m96x max? it has many of the same parts and features

Leave a comment:

Working...
X