Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M96X MAX 4K HDR VP9 TV BOX Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X 2G/16G 802.11b/g/n LAN KODI Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trebor
    replied
    This is a strange Box I find, the Android 6 running in 720 viewport,

Temps in A7 fine nothing noted over the top, A6 did not test at this stage other things popped in.

As Mentioned all this needs is a decent A7 rom and should do well

The Following are Android 7

Android 6

As you can see they have upped the clock in Android7 and that would be why it was at a guess running a bit boggy

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Originally posted by trebor View Post
    Been a bit busy just flashed now as I found the installed a7 is not nice at all....

Sorry to read about your country's Licence rules....
    More as it happens

Not not too bad at all, pretty smooth, looks a lot better with A6
    Root, upper and lower
    Same Ui as A7

Just have to wait till they get there act together with A7
    Any comments on the temperature?

Trying to figure out the Z69 which get pretty over 80°C, hope not the same with this box
    Last edited by trebor; 10-05-2017, 03:27. Reason: Removed pics

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Been a bit busy just flashed now as I found the installed a7 is not nice at all....

Sorry to read about your country's Licence rules....
    More as it happens

Not not too bad at all, pretty smooth, looks a lot better with A6
    Root, upper and lower
    Same Ui as A7

Just have to wait till they get there act together with A7

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Originally posted by trebor View Post
    [SIZE=14px][FONT=tahoma]Let's have a look at this a M96X MAX 4K HDR VP9 TV BOX Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X 2G/16G 802.11b/g/n LAN KODI Bluetooth

This one has Android 7.1 and needs a bit of an update about 2 months the firmware appears to be...
    Well let's have a close look at what we have
    Amlogic S905X Quad-core Cortex A53 CPU gives you a high-speed feedback and smooth response
    2G RAM and 16G ROM, games and videos ran smoothly
    2.4G WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
    Android 7.1

Can you try to install the Android 6.0 firmware I uploaded in the post at the top of the page, and see if it improves ?

I would try it out myself but my boxes got seized by customs, because in Thailand you need a tv box license to import a tv box these days.

Needless to say that such a license is near impossible to get.

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Let's have a look at this a M96X MAX 4K HDR VP9 TV BOX Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X 2G/16G 802.11b/g/n LAN KODI Bluetooth

This one has Android 7.1 and needs a bit of an update about 2 months the firmware appears to be...
    Well let's have a close look at what we have
    Amlogic S905X Quad-core Cortex A53 CPU gives you a high-speed feedback and smooth response
    2G RAM and 16G ROM, games and videos ran smoothly
    2.4G WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
    Android 7.1

The Box

What in the box

Ports

Look Under

Off with the Lid

Pull out the Bits

PCB

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Originally posted by demonpt View Post
    Model: M96X
    Type: TV Box
    System: Android 7.1
    Processor: S905X
    CPU: ARM Cortex-A53
    Core: Quad Core
    GPU: Mali-450
    RAM: 2G RAM
    RAM Type: DDR3
    ROM: 8G ROM
    Max. Extended Capacity: 32G
    TV Box Features: 5.1 Surround Sound Output
    Thanks, I guess the Probox firmware will then also be suitable for the Max, as the only difference seems to be the increased storage.

Leave a comment:

• demonpt
    replied
    Model: M96X
    Type: TV Box
    System: Android 7.1
    Processor: S905X
    CPU: ARM Cortex-A53
    Core: Quad Core
    GPU: Mali-450
    RAM: 2G RAM
    RAM Type: DDR3
    ROM: 8G ROM
    Max. Extended Capacity: 32G
    TV Box Features: 5.1 Surround Sound Output

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Originally posted by demonpt View Post
    i dont have the MAX i have normal edition !
    What is the spec from normal edition ?

1/8 Gb ?

Leave a comment:

• demonpt
    replied
    i dont have the MAX i have normal edition !

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    I received this Android 6.0 firmware for the M96X Max 2Gb from a seller. Enjoy.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Leave a comment:

• gefattern
    replied
    Hi again ,

for sure you can ask him in the specific Topic , good luck / gefattern

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi Jancales ,

in the Link i gave you User "demonpt" already comment that it runs well on this Box , did you

not read that ??? please look Post #34/#35 on the last Page of Topic :

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ox-2-air/page3

but for sure u can ask User "demonpt" with PM , maybe he knows the WifiChip Nr. . , so you can

search for other Roms too . Nice to hear that you fixed your Z69 Rom Problem .

have a nice Day / greetings / gefattern
    No I didn't read that far in the thread yet, because we were after midnight already here when you posted that link, but thanks for pointing me to that post.

So yes, that is definitely the Abdul firmware I was asking for in a previous post, since my question was directed at Demonpt.

Will send him a PM, to find if there are any issues and if he know the chip make, but here is hope that if it works on his M96X that it also will work on the M96X Max.

Yes the Z69 works flawless with the Gearbest firmware, but saw yesterday that Scooter posted he had another slimmed down firmware he would post soon, so will try that one also when he post it.

Leave a comment:

• gefattern
    replied
    Originally posted by Jancales View Post

I haven't opened up the box, because it's a new delivery that's on the way, but I was talking precautions already since Google told me that all these boxes are lagging presumable due to the Android 7.1 OS.

Since I and most other on this forum had the same problem with the Z69 3/32Gb, and this was easily fixed with the firmware Gearbest posted, I was hoping to find a suitable firmware before the boxes arrived so I could flash them right away.

Maybe someone on here has opened up a box already and can report on the internals, as that would ease my quest to find the software, but I assume that the chip will be the same as the 1/'8Gb versions
    Hi Jancales ,

in the Link i gave you User "demonpt" already comment that it runs well on this Box , did you

not read that ??? please look Post #34/#35 on the last Page of Topic :

but for sure u can ask User "demonpt" with PM , maybe he knows the WifiChip Nr. . , so you can

search for other Roms too . Nice to hear that you fixed your Z69 Rom Problem .

have a nice Day / greetings / gefattern

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Originally posted by gefattern View Post
    Hi Jancales ,

okay , i understand , but to make it in Future easier for other Users , with same Box , it is the best ,

that i move all the post from there to here , because it is the correct Section and the Box , you want

or need to discuss over .

About your Rom Problem the first thing you must know if your WifiChip is the same , of course the

other Specs must fit too , otherwise you dont have to start flashing .

Do you know what WifiChip is used in your Box and in the Roms you want to flash ???

greetings gefattern

I haven't opened up the box, because it's a new delivery that's on the way, but I was talking precautions already since Google told me that all these boxes are lagging presumable due to the Android 7.1 OS.

Since I and most other on this forum had the same problem with the Z69 3/32Gb, and this was easily fixed with the firmware Gearbest posted, I was hoping to find a suitable firmware before the boxes arrived so I could flash them right away.

Maybe someone on here has opened up a box already and can report on the internals, as that would ease my quest to find the software, but I assume that the chip will be the same as the 1/'8Gb versions

Leave a comment:

• gefattern
    replied
    Hi Jancales ,

okay , i understand , but to make it in Future easier for other Users , with same Box , it is the best ,

that i move all the post from there to here , because it is the correct Section and the Box , you want

or need to discuss over .

About your Rom Problem the first thing you must know if your WifiChip is the same , of course the

other Specs must fit too , otherwise you dont have to start flashing .

Do you know what WifiChip is used in your Box and in the Roms you want to flash ???

greetings gefattern
    Last edited by gefattern; 09-14-2017, 00:07.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X