MAGICSEE Iron Amlogic 905x, 2/8 or 2/16GB 2.4Ghz WiFi Fast Lan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAGICSEE Iron Amlogic 905x, 2/8 or 2/16GB 2.4Ghz WiFi Fast Lan

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170512154922_38935.jpg Views:	1 Size:	135.2 KB ID:	646601

Specification
    Model: Iron
    Type: TV Box
    System: Android 6.0
    Processor: S905X
    CPU: Cortex A53
    Core: 2.0GHz
    GPU: Mali-450
    RAM: 2G RAM
    RAM Type: DDR3
    ROM: 16G ROM,8G ROM
    Max. Extended Capacity: 128G
    Decoder Format: H.265
    Video format: 4K,ASF,AVC,AVI,DAT,MVC,RM,RMVB,RV,TS,VOB,VP8
    Audio format: AAC,ACC,APE,MP3,WMA
    Photo Format: JPG
    Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: Yes
    Power Supply: Charge Adapter
    Interface: AV,DC Power Port,HDMI,LAN,Optical,USB2.0
    Language: Multi-language
    HDMI Version: 2.0
    Other Functions: 3D Video,DLNA,Miracast,NTSC,PAL
    External Subtitle Supported: Yes
    Power Consumption: 10W
    System Bit: 64Bit
    Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
    Remote Controller Battery: 3 x AAA batteries
    Product weight: 0.1800 kg
    Package weight: 0.5200 kg
    Product size (L x W x H): 13.00 x 8.50 x 3.00 cm / 5.12 x 3.35 x 1.18 inches
    Package size (L x W x H): 19.00 x 13.00 x 9.50 cm / 7.48 x 5.12 x 3.74 inches
    Package Contents: 1 x MAGICSEE Iron TV Box, 1 x Charger, 1 x HDMI Cable, 1 x Remote Control, 1 x English Manual
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20170512154921_88375.jpg Views:	1 Size:	299.4 KB ID:	646602
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20170512154921_87403.jpg Views:	1 Size:	108.7 KB ID:	646603

Gearbest
    Last edited by trebor; 07-04-2017, 04:39.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Pricey
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I received a lot of the 2/16Gb version, straight from Magicsee factory so no knock off's. Came with Android 7.1.2 installed.

Within the first 10 minutes, just scrolling through the settings and removing some apps, box was 80°C.

I know I live in a tropical country, but I have had dozens of Beelink M18 boxes, and I've never had one that went over 65°C when running Kodi for hours.

Installed Kodi and running a live stream it overheated and locked up within less than 10 minutes.

Let it cool down a bit, restarted Kodi and live stream, and again in less than 10 minutes box locked up because of overheat. ~ 84°C.

I had debug logging enabled so I could see the frame rate went from 60fps to 40 fps and then the cpu cores stopped moving

Any suggestions?

Comment

Just had a Skype conversation with Magicsee representative who sold me the lot.

He said he never had heard this issue before, and said he would let the technicians test, and he would look for a solution.

About 2 hours later he sent me the below screenshot which shows that at the factory it also reaches 84°C and 1 of the cores drop out.

He then changed his tone and said that there were more boxes that run at that temperature, and mentioned some S912 soc's.

I know those run at that temperature, but they don't lock up, while the Magicsee Iron 2/16Gb locks up after less than 30 minutes of usage at best.

Then everything went quiet and he didn't reply to my messages any more, so I'm now with a lot of Magicsee Iron boxes that are doorstops.

I would advice to stay clear of Iron tv box and the Magicsee company. They have written 1 year warranty on the invoice, so they will see a credit card charge back soon.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
          I received a lot of the 2/16Gb version, straight from Magicsee factory so no knock off's. Came with Android 7.1.2 installed.

Within the first 10 minutes, just scrolling through the settings and removing some apps, box was 80°C.

I know I live in a tropical country, but I have had dozens of Beelink M18 boxes, and I've never had one that went over 65°C when running Kodi for hours.

Installed Kodi and running a live stream it overheated and locked up within less than 10 minutes.

Let it cool down a bit, restarted Kodi and live stream, and again in less than 10 minutes box locked up because of overheat. ~ 84°C.

I had debug logging enabled so I could see the frame rate went from 60fps to 40 fps and then the cpu cores stopped moving

Any suggestions?
          Well a $0.75 40x40x11 heat sink, $1.25 thermal paste enough for 20 heat sinks, and Xannytech Mini M8s II later and after 90 minutes Full HD lives stream in Kodi the device is now running at 74°C.

Quite a difference with 84°C and locking up after 30 minutes of the very same stream.

Though everyone on **** is selling this thermal paste at $1.25, there is one seller with a 99.9% rating who is selling the same item at $11 and selling.

How you explain that?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

M8nes running on Sc firmware and been re seated heat sink it' runs cool and well. So some options but opening the box is a task that will take some time and patience.
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
              M8nes running on Sc firmware and been re seated heat sink it' runs cool and well. So some options but opening the box is a task that will take some time and patience.
              My ambient temperature is about 30°C, so I consider 74°C cool as well

Which Sc firmware are you running, because would like to find one that doesn't have Bluetooth settings, since the device doesn't have it anyway.

The SC ATV is running around the same temperature here.

Comment

Same Atv. I put in freaktab review of it. The Bluetooth won' affect anything as it' not there anyways. Hanging the heat sink and having the thermal paste one made big difference in heat here. Just glad that at least a few good devs made it so these devices actually work well otherwise would be utter failure device.

Comment

Same Atv. I put in freaktab review of it. The Bluetooth won' affect anything as it' not there anyways. Hanging the heat sink and having the thermal paste one made big difference in heat here. Just glad that at least a few good devs made it so these devices actually work well otherwise would be utter failure device.
                  Do you know how to boot this box in recovery?

I installed the U2+ firmware from this thread http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...905x-twrp-root and now want to install TWRP but unable to complete because recovery doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by longnt View Post
                    Like Magendanz said, there is incompatiable between p21x and p212 board, you must find Nougat build of p212 first. I already point to U2+ 905x firmware thread that make all p212 boards can run on Nougat build. After that you can mix bootloader, kernel, dtb from p212 boards with system from this p21x rom to make your p212 run Android TV 7.1.1 like me. If you want to know how to do, here is the guide:

Requirements:
                    - Know to use AML Burning tool to upgrade your device to 7.1 with U2+ image first (there is a mac license check you must know mac address of your box too, usually a sticker on back side print these mac address).
                    - Know to edit and repack zip.
                    - Know to use TWRP to install zip file and copy file (to fix remote).
                    - Backup /system/etc/remote.conf from your current working rom.

How to install:
                    - Flash U2+ firmware and make it boot first time (because you have been erased all so you need to boot to make bootloader format your data partition).
                    - Edit and repack this rom, open updater-script in zip and delete all lines except this line (for disable device check and disable overwrite bootloader/kernel/dtb from p21x firmware):
                    block_image_update("/dev/block/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat", "system.patch.dat");
                    - Copy TWRP recovery.img to sdcard and boot to TWRP (insert sdcard then hold recovery button while plug the power on).
                    - Use TWRP to install modified zip file.
                    - Mount system partition, copy your backup remote.conf to /system/etc. You will stuck in Setup Wizard if your remote not work, somehow Magendanz have been disabled TouchUI in framework-res.apk so mouse doesn't work too.
                    - Reboot and enjoy Android TV 7.1 on your T95N, T95X, Mini M8S.... or whatever p212 boards which can running U2+ image.

Warning: DON'T WIPE DATA IN TWRP or you will make your box become soft brick (need AML Burning tool or Burn card maker to recovery).

Some pictures that I'm running this rom
                    I have flashed the U2+ firmware to a Magicsee Iron S905X box and it works properly.

I now try to boot in TWRP recovery, but that doesn't work because the box doesn't boot in stock recovery either.

Anyone can help me with this?

Comment

And now the real shit starts.

After flashing U2+ firmware usb burning tool doesn't recognize the device any more, and no eMMC chip to short pins on this board.

Any other way to force usb burning tool recognize device/

I hope someone can help me out with this, because I have 2 devices with the U2+ firmware and neither of them is recognized by usb burning tool.

Terminal emulator is installed on the box, but since the firmware isn't rooted I assume that will not work.

If so maybe someone can post the instructions how to use Terminal to boot in TWRP recovery.

Thanks
                      Last edited by Jancales; 12-10-2017, 07:22.

Comment

Originally posted by longnt View Post
                        Like Magendanz said, there is incompatiable between p21x and p212 board, you must find Nougat build of p212 first. I already point to U2+ 905x firmware thread that make all p212 boards can run on Nougat build. After that you can mix bootloader, kernel, dtb from p212 boards with system from this p21x rom to make your p212 run Android TV 7.1.1 like me. If you want to know how to do, here is the guide:

Requirements:
                        - Know to use AML Burning tool to upgrade your device to 7.1 with U2+ image first (there is a mac license check you must know mac address of your box too, usually a sticker on back side print these mac address).
                        - Know to edit and repack zip.
                        - Know to use TWRP to install zip file and copy file (to fix remote).
                        - Backup /system/etc/remote.conf from your current working rom.

How to install:
                        - Flash U2+ firmware and make it boot first time (because you have been erased all so you need to boot to make bootloader format your data partition).
                        - Edit and repack this rom, open updater-script in zip and delete all lines except this line (for disable device check and disable overwrite bootloader/kernel/dtb from p21x firmware):
                        block_image_update("/dev/block/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat", "system.patch.dat");
                        - Copy TWRP recovery.img to sdcard and boot to TWRP (insert sdcard then hold recovery button while plug the power on).
                        - Use TWRP to install modified zip file.
                        - Mount system partition, copy your backup remote.conf to /system/etc. You will stuck in Setup Wizard if your remote not work, somehow Magendanz have been disabled TouchUI in framework-res.apk so mouse doesn't work too.
                        - Reboot and enjoy Android TV 7.1 on your T95N, T95X, Mini M8S.... or whatever p212 boards which can running U2+ image.

Warning: DON'T WIPE DATA IN TWRP or you will make your box become soft brick (need AML Burning tool or Burn card maker to recovery).

Some pictures that I'm running this rom
                        UPDATE

OK I managed to boot in TWRP with Terminal.

I extracted the firmware zip and edited the updater.script so that the script contains only 1 line saying block_image_update("/dev/block/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat", "system.patch.dat");

As I'm not sure if I understand it correctly I made a second file where I only deleted the lines below the line block_image_update("/dev/block/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat", "system.patch.dat");

So I have 2 options

I then repacked both folders and called them update_M8S_PRO+-V0619_TVStock-mod_20171001.zip

When I try to install I get either the error invalid zip file or corrupt zip file.

What I do wrong this time?

Comment

I posted NOT to use this firmware on my review. The review also list the firmware that does work. It won' be seen In the burning tool and recovery is flswed.

I' install Sc firmware not the u2 firmware if your looking for Atv for device.

good luck switching as it took me a long time and few tries at in bricking to get it seen in burning tool again.

Comment

I posted NOT to use this firmware on my review. The review also list the firmware that does work. It won' be seen In the burning tool and recovery is flswed.

I' install Sc firmware not the u2 firmware if your looking for Atv for device.

good luck switching as it took me a long time and few tries at in bricking to get it seen in burning tool again.

Yes in a later post you advised against flashing the firmware you suggested earlier. How could I have missed that.

But I understand from your post now that you finally managed to get it recognized again by usb burning tool.

Maybe you want to share what you did to achieve that.

I could boot into TWRP recovery from sd card with terminal.

I then decided to flash the recovery image, as I considered I could then boot in recovery without the sd card.

Result is that I now even with terminal not can boot in recovery anymore.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                            X