Cant downgrade from 9.0 to 7.1.2,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant downgrade from 9.0 to 7.1.2,

hi, i hve been experimenting with 9/0 roms and now i cant seem to downgrade to 7.1.2, none of the roms boot and just hang on the bootlogo, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Not recommended .......
    unless you have lots of boxes/familiar with maskrom state.

You would have to on purpose brick the box
    Force CPU to wake/short pins

Flash 7.1.2.....

However DDR could be lots probs.....
    And never recover

Comment

I am familiar with mask rom mode, I need to use that method to flash anything on a 9.0 rom,

Comment

You can only downgrade if original Factory was 7.1.2 or lower

Comment

Device came with factory 6.0, all these roms worked before no problem, its since flashing 9.0 on the device any older firmwares now get stuck at the boot logo, flashing using the erase all option dosnt help either

Comment

Ahhhh
            Entiendo

Ihave t95m have been testing s905X.....clone of clone i think

Try this Maybe
            With Amlocic Tools create SD boot card

If you have 6.0 version in OTA format unzip and take u-boot bin file and place in SD Boot Card Maker and Create/Make
            If success on the same SD card copy over the OTA 6.0(in needs to be in compressed format/do not unzip.

I have had sucess also by loading OTA file on USB thumbdrive to keep separate from SD Boot Card
            When you boot to recovery select Update External it will search for the OTA file on SD card or Thumb Drive whereever you put it

Comment

i had to flash a 6.0 ROM to recover the device using USB burn tool, once 6.0 booted it would successfully boot my 7.1.2 ROM

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Now iam No Comprendo

You post that all attempts to flash= stuck on boot logo

You post that you are familiar with Mask Rom Mode because you use that method to flash anything in 9.0 Rom?

It does not matter

You resolved the issuse yourself
                You are back to 7.1.2
                Probs more Stable for this CPU

Happy Testing

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
                  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Now iam No Comprendo

You post that all attempts to flash= stuck on boot logo

You post that you are familiar with Mask Rom Mode because you use that method to flash anything in 9.0 Rom?

It does not matter

You resolved the issuse yourself
                  You are back to 7.1.2
                  Probs more Stable for this CPU

Happy Testing
                  Yhea what happend is I was testing 9.0 firmwares, I had to use mask Rom mode to flash back to my custom 7.1 rom, but it would not boot, I tried 7 or more firmwares from 7.1.2 and one 8.0 rom that previosy worked but they would just get stuck at the boot logo (not animation), using force erase didn't make any diffrence, I figured out you have to flash a 6.0 firmware first, I then let that boot, then I just flashed my custom 7.1 rom and it booted sucsesfully, thanks for the input, much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                  X