S-Box, S905X, 2/32GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S-Box, S905X, 2/32GB

S-Box bought on TomTop..., on some wild discount for 19.99$.., I I thought oh what a great deal...

But when I try to update Youtube aplication to get properly working Youtube I need to update Services for Google play - and after this update Youtube apk opens but cannot work, and TV Box become laggy as hell and nonresponsive...

I do the factory reset - but again updated Youtube apk cannot work with updated Services for Google play - this is really a big problem because every application that depends on updated Services for Google play - cannot work

Only solution when Box is working properly is not to update any apk came with the Box especially Google play services...

And also there is no HDMI CEC control in Settings (I think default is ON because I can operate this Box with TV remote) - so every time I swich my TV (Sony 55W805C) to TV program mode and back to HDMI input, Box keeps restarting...

If someone have this Box or better Firmware for this Tv-Box !??, Please..., because this one on the Box is a big disaster...

Only good thing on this Box is Wifi - real great - 40/50mbps on my connection in same room.. (no LAN cable conection)...
    Buy best quality of S-BOX Amlogic S905X TV Box KODI Quad Core 64bit Android 6.0 4K HDMI 3D WiFi Bluetooth 4.0 DLNA HD- 2G+32G EU Plug from Tomtop.com, various discounts are waiting for you.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Comment

One more picture.., If anyone see this board and I need FW...

Comment

There's a lot of different s905x firmware that should work on the board but I can't find a stock one for you to roll back in case wifi or something doesn't work. I've flashed a few different ones to my x96 from different s905x boxes and the worst that has happened is I get stuck on a boot screen then just reflash again. Only thing is you'll need a USB A to A cable.

If your box is rooted or has recovery try using a newer version of gapps to fix it.
          "HANDS ARE NATURES FORKS" -Rigby

Comment

Yes I know... I am trying to find FW but no result...
            I do not have custom recovery for it to flash newer gapps...
            Kodi working great...

Comment

I would say try Xanny's rom. See if it works ok. Your board has the same configuration as the Yundoo Y6, 2 gigs and 32 gigs, so it's possible it might be the same board. I don't have mine handy atm to take pictures of else I would.

Edit: it has the same remote as the Yundoo does.

Comment

I am afraid that with Xanny ROM wifi and remote controler on S-Box will not work..., and I cannot backup stock ROM...

Comment

Well when I get my box back from my friend I will finally take the pictures I promised everyone and we will see if it is the same device. Should get it back tomorrow I hope. You can also back up your remote.conf file. Xanny has the directions on how to do it in his post. If you do that, post it here so I can try it with my box and see if it works, as it is the same remote

Comment

Well judging from what I can find, it appears it has a P212 board in it, or at least that is what the firmware is stating it has. All you need to do is find out what wifi chip you have and you're pretty much set. Also, back up your remote.conf file. Xanny tells you how to do it in his mega long post

You can find out what wifi chip you have with Spec Device in the app store. Or since google is not being nice, probably from apk mirror. That will tell you what wifi you have and if you need to install the drivers seperately like I had to.

Comment

...thanks for the effort .., I'll try your suggestions, but first I will wait for TomTop.., maybe they have new FW update for this Box..., thanks....

Comment

Well if they do, that would be great. That's a cheap box with a lot of potential. Hope it works out for ya

Comment

Originally posted by Kuno View Post
                          Well judging from what I can find, it appears it has a P212 board in it, or at least that is what the firmware is stating it has. All you need to do is find out what wifi chip you have and you're pretty much set. Also, back up your remote.conf file. Xanny tells you how to do it in his mega long post

You can find out what wifi chip you have with Spec Device in the app store. Or since google is not being nice, probably from apk mirror. That will tell you what wifi you have and if you need to install the drivers seperately like I had to.
                          Is this confirmation that board is P212...

Comment

I believe so, but hopefully someone with more knowledge will reply.

Comment

Wifi: 8723bs

So... With this informations... Does anybody know compatible ROM or FW to flash with amlogic usb burning tool or how to flash libreelec without toothpick method...and to restore remote.conf

TomTop did not responde on my mail and I cannot find FW anywhere...

Comment

Working...
                              X