X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{ROM} PoisonATV V4.9 S905X

POISONATV

Here we go with a new Version of the PoisonATV Firmware.
    We are supporting S905X, S905W, and S912.
    This Thread is about the S905X Version and only this Version will be supported in this Thread.

CHANGELOG

V4.9
    -Stability update
    -New Tweaks
    -Final for this firmware

V4.8
    -Fixed video playback issues with some apps
    -fixed some permissions
    -added some more tweaks for speed and better video quality

V4.7
    -fixed sleep mode on some boxes
    -added memory cleaner (Launcher icon instead of banner)
    -Changed boot logo
    -Changed bootvideo
    -changed launcher wallpaper
    -Added Tv Voice Input (ported it from another androidtv not sure what it exactly does)
    -erased old memory cleaner
    -erased gallery (not used in androidtv anyways)
    -Added build.prop tweak for netflix (Not sure if it helps but ported it from another androidtv)

V4.6
    -Based on Vorke/Tanix firmwares
    -Twrp Recovery
    -Init.d Tweaks enabled
    -Modded UI
    -Modded Framework
    -Gamepad/controller support
    -PictureInPicture Feature
    -Voice command enabled
    -Re-designed Look (Black&White)
    -Modded Wifi drivers
    -Optimizer app added
    -Airscreen Added (GoogleCast alternative)
    -Removed Netflix ESN (Broken anyways)
    -Root enabled by Default (Can be controlled in settings)
    -Autoframerate options
    -Removed Moresettings(Broken/Useless)
    -Tvapp Repo Added
    -Tweaked GoogleServices
    -MultiTasking Enabled
    -LockedScreenRemoved
    -Amlogic Codec Added
    -Zipalign On everyboot
    -SnappyUI Mod Added

-Bugs???
    Stable

Installation
    -Recommended to use amlogic USB Burningtool 2.1.7 With force erase option enabled (NOT NORMAL ERASE)
    -Sd Burncard tool not recommended as users usually report issues with their systems
    -Playstore takes Time to kick in but works
    -Pick 1GB or Regular Version Depending on your device

THE PROJECT:

Poison is a community project that aims at giving users the best Android TV experience possible.
    Currently, we only support AMLogic based devices but we are working on branching to other chipsets.
    So enjoy the cleanliness, optimized and powerful feel of Poison!
    Project developers are Ricky Divjakovski, Whiteak, minixfreak and @neomode.

DOWNLOADS:

https://mega.nz/#F!UlZAEaLC!mhwY0r2mOb-o5YXxxn8yaw

Builds are uploading right now, Be Patient

DONATING:

You can contribute to the project by donating at PayPal.Me/PoisonDevelopers
    If you would like a custom built firmware we are able to do this, email [email protected]

SCREENSHOTS:

https://ibb.co/jySvNyH
    Last edited by minixfreak; 04-23-2019, 01:28.

Hi there, thanks for bringing us yet another updated Poison TV bring life to old box all around the world (UK here)

Can I ask when you say 1gb version or regular is that the total Ram or what is available?

example the Probox2 Air using CPU-Z say Total Ram = 1808MB and Available Ram is 903mb

hope you can work make sense of that!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by CcX85 View Post
      Hi there, thanks for bringing us yet another updated Poison TV bring life to old box all around the world (UK here)

Can I ask when you say 1gb version or regular is that the total Ram or what is available?

example the Probox2 Air using CPU-Z say Total Ram = 1808MB and Available Ram is 903mb

hope you can work make sense of that!

Cheers
      Total ram so if it's 2gb of ram then use regular one

Comment

Thanks for that, I went with the regular one base on that logic too.

I've installed it to the Probox2 Air that was last updated in 2016 and so far so good keep you informed.

Tip - Connect usb to ur pc/laptop, then usb male goes in the usb slot near the TF card
        but hold the reset pin while slotting the usb cable into the box and ur see it connected on usb burning tool.

Comment

See my post here:
          Screenshots will be here Poison is a community project that aims at giving users the best Android TV experience possible. Currently we only support AMLogic based devices but we are working on branching to other chipsets. So enjoy the...

Fully working in NEXBOX Model: A95X (2G+16G, S905X)
          Wifi and Play Store do not work in CooleMe CM-MM1 (it is a clone of Mecool M8s pro W)

Comment

I have the box M8S Plus W, so i have to use the PoisonATV_V4.9_S905W.img right? (not the nexbox img)

and where i can get the USB Burningtool 2.1.7?

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
              I have the box M8S Plus W, so i have to use the PoisonATV_V4.9_S905W.img right? (not the nexbox img)

and where i can get the USB Burningtool 2.1.7?

The executable will install the drivers and the utility itself. There’s also a changelog in Chinese. The Google Translation of the changelog may be useful to find

Comment

thanks, but this is 2.1.6 and in the installation infos of minixfreak in the 1. post he speaks about 2.1.7 to use for flashing

installed now with 2.1.6 without any issues, now i will test the rom, thanks

Comment

I installed now the PoisonATV_V4.9_S905W.img on my androidTV M8S Plus W - but i cannot activate my wifi in the settings, during the first installation did not find any wifi, but my other box Mecool M8S Pro L and my tablets, all find the wifi connections.

when i try to switch on the wifi in network settings, it switch off automatically.

Before i had the original firmware installed and wifi was working.

what can i do ??

Comment

I'm cant seem to get USB burning tool to recognize the Nexbox A95X.

It's new, never been booted... I installed the USB burning tool 2.1.6 from above post, started it, plugged in the USB cable to port furthest from the micro sd card slot.
                    I hear the Windows sound that USB is connected, Burning Tool says USB Hub connected, but after a short time (Windows 7 can't find drivers I think), I hear the sound of the USB device being disconnected.

Pressing Start does nothing.

Don't know what to do.

I haven't rebooted since installing Burning Tool. Maybe I have to do that to get the drivers to be recognized as available. ?

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
                      I installed now the PoisonATV_V4.9_S905W.img on my androidTV M8S Plus W - but i cannot activate my wifi in the settings, during the first installation did not find any wifi, but my other box Mecool M8S Pro L and my tablets, all find the wifi connections.

when i try to switch on the wifi in network settings, it switch off automatically.

Before i had the original firmware installed and wifi was working.

what can i do ??
                      U have a wifi that's different from what's supported

Comment

Originally posted by jae View Post
                        I'm cant seem to get USB burning tool to recognize the Nexbox A95X.

It's new, never been booted... I installed the USB burning tool 2.1.6
                        USB burn tool 2.1.6 would not work for me on Windows 7 - I'm using ver 2.0.8

Open the burn tool...then connect USB cable with your TV box to the PC usb port

After you get the connected message in the tool window, import your image file.

Make sure only Erase Flash (Force Erase) and Erase bootloader are ticked.

Now press the START.... it will start but then fails with an error...and usb connection is lost.

Pull out the USB cable only from the PC usb port... wait 5 seconds.... plug in USB cable back in the PC usb port.

Do nothing....It will re-connect automatically and the burn process will start.

Wait until finished and you see the SUCCESS message....then you can pull out the USB cable from the PC usb port and close the tool window.

This is how it works for me every time.

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post

U have a wifi that's different from what's supported
                          and now? nothing to do? this box dont have ethernet port, only works with wifi

the worst, i lost my original firmware or other rom which i could install on it...I believed what this rom promissed, for ALL S905W boxes...

Comment

Originally posted by legnosecco View Post

USB burn tool 2.1.6 would not work for me on Windows 7 - I'm using ver 2.0.8

Open the burn tool...then connect USB cable with your TV box to the PC usb port

After you get the connected message in the tool window, import your image file.

Make sure only Erase Flash (Force Erase) and Erase bootloader are ticked.

Now press the START.... it will start but then fails with an error...and usb connection is lost.

Pull out the USB cable only from the PC usb port... wait 5 seconds.... plug in USB cable back in the PC usb port.

Do nothing....It will re-connect automatically and the burn process will start.

Wait until finished and you see the SUCCESS message....then you can pull out the USB cable from the PC usb port and close the tool window.

This is how it works for me every time.

Thanks. Will try.

Have a link for 2.0.8?

*found one on chinagadgetreview
                            Will give it a go.

Eh. The 2.0.8 I found is in Chinese, I can't read a damned thing. But it looks like it's doing the same thing as the 2.16 was doing... It says connected to the Hub and then the Windows beep for USB disconnecting some moment\s later

Gonna try with 2.1.6.8 I found on CGR also.
                            Last edited by jae; 04-24-2019, 01:18.

Comment

@legnosecco
                              I've tried on 2.1.6, and 2.0.8 (my posts are getting held)

I see "Hub-2" in the top half of the window.. Nothing for Status, Time, or Statistic

Nothing in the bottom half

Tried pressing Start..

No changes.. Waited 10 minutes. Nothing

Tried it on two Win 7 laptops.

I have no idea wtf is wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X