Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 MAX TV Box BLACK 4/64GB Amlogic S905X2, Android 8.1, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan,USB3.0, BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi ppl. Is there any full review with antutu benchmark of Amlogic S905X2 CPU? What is this processor compared to S905W, S905X and S912 (and Dvalin MP2 GPU compared with Mali-450MP2 and Mali-T820MP3)? I see that the most boxes with S905X2 comes with 4GB of DDR3 RAM. Is that amount of RAM overkill for S905X2? I hope so that is not one more cheat like in case with boxes that comes with 4GB of RAM and RK3328 CPU. 4GB is just cosmetic in this case. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kolinsb View Post
      Hi ppl. Is there any full review with antutu benchmark of Amlogic S905X2 CPU? What is this processor compared to S905W, S905X and S912 (and Dvalin MP2 GPU compared with Mali-450MP2 and Mali-T820MP3)? I see that the most boxes with S905X2 comes with 4GB of DDR3 RAM. Is that amount of RAM overkill for S905X2? I hope so that is not one more cheat like in case with boxes that comes with 4GB of RAM and RK3328 CPU. 4GB is just cosmetic in this case. Thanks!
      this particular device with the latest Antutu did 60331 points

Comment

Last S912 box i tested was TX8 (metal case with external antena like Mecool BB2) with Android 6.0, and it has 58336 points (antutu benchmark v7.1.0)
        3D=12569 points
        UX=14252 points
        CPU=26775 points
        RAM=4650 points

Last S905X I tested was X96 with Android 6.0 and it has 28009 points
        3D=0 (I think that's because OpenGL 2.0)
        UX=11296
        CPU=11995
        RAM=4718

Comment

Received the mecool KM9 today. Netflix is not installed . You have to install it. Will play with it some more tonight .

Comment

Pls install antutu and run a test (install antutu 3d too). Tnx in advance

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
              sorry, i already reset it and will be selling it . But, someone at youtube ran antutu on x96 max and it scored over 60K. And he only used the 2 Gb version.

Comment

EDIT: Problem solved in a very old way. sdcard with Uboot. I'll send some raccomandation to the manufacturer, i'll fix their base fw. my custom is almost ready, i'll post it when the device will arrive in the buyers hands. Anyway it's good enough and best than S912.

Anyway if more 8.1 S905X2 or Y2 fw are out for other manufacturer let me know.
                Last edited by Xannytech; 11-19-2018, 17:40.

Comment

X96Max + 4GB +32G/64G+ 1000M Ethernet Latest firmware:

11-18-2018, 19:20
                  Update KD Player, update Kodi plug-in package.
                  8.1 increase Root management and open app Root.
                  Solve some App display problems after entering the interface.
                  Update web browser, play video display problem。
                  Sdcard firmware web Link:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ULW...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Can somebody explain to me what brand is X96? Who is manufacturer?
                    I don't want to buy another noname box as I did with H96 Pro Plus, because then every box has different parts in it, which makes finding and flashing correct fimware a real nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post
                      Received the mecool KM9 today. Netflix is not installed . You have to install it. Will play with it some more tonight .
                      I just posted that I would do some test when I get mine on the mecool KM9 thread. Would be good if you could do them and post your results.

Comment

Review with opening
                        Very good news, Wi-Fi adapter Ampack AP6356S with support for MIMO 2x2

Comment

Found another review https://youtu.be/fVvmJlLL458

Comment

Originally posted by jiangsai0703 View Post

Hi,
                            I am using X96 Max for few days, overall it is good, but I don't see notification and navigation bars... Don't see any settings to enable them... Can you please check, and suggest, some way, to bring notification and navigation bars...? Notification bar is more important for me..

I downloaded the sd-card firmware, what is the source of this firmware..? is this official..? I am having X96 Max X2 (4 GB/32 GB).. Please share steps to flash this firmware..

Thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by jiangsai0703 View Post

Could you explain video problem?In my box "avc1" videos decoded wrong(like tv static noise but greener) tv but sound is working in youtube app.And some ui lags,misbehavior in launcher.

Comment

Antutu 7.1.9beta, Antutu 3d 7.0.4beta on Android 8.1.0(4gb/64gb model)
                                Overall:60405
                                CPU:28001
                                GPU:9311
                                UX:18261
                                MEM:4832

Geekbench
                                SingleCore:729
                                MultiCore:2255
                                Compute:1526

Androbench
                                Seq.Read :~150MB/S
                                Seq Write :~110MB/S

Results may vary by manufacturer, but its look really fast especially when installing apps.Four core works 1.91ghz , its look like overall 50% faster than s912 boards(but s912 results from antutu 6),but not much difference in gpu.In benchmark rankings, roughly performance between Lg g3 and Samsung Galaxy S5.
                                S912 offers Arm's LITTLEbig for power efficiency but these box is not working with battery, users need more cores and frequency.Everyone excited s922x came four coretex-a73 cores with mali g52 mp4, but it will be expensive than rk3399 box.
                                Lastly there is a button inside av port, it is usable for using libreelec booting with tootpick method.

Comparison links

But a lot of glitches on android, its look like ota/fota supported , i'm waiting update.
                                Last edited by deathline; 12-09-2018, 13:56.

Comment

Working...
                                X