Setting up MECOOL KM9 without remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up MECOOL KM9 without remote

I was using this box for a while and then left it for a while. I just brought it to my other home but forgot the original remote and just bought the Rii airmouse. I decided to factory reset the box and now I find the box is asking for the original remote in order to start up first time.

Is there a way I can get the box started with just an airmouse?

Yes , just use Magendanz's [ROM] Mecool KM9 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 8.1)
    is a very good custom rom and if the remote is not reconized just plug a mouse and a keyboard that should fix it:

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package (https://github.com/opengapps/opengapps/wiki/TVStock-Package). The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be

Comment

I booted into tthe recovery but I need the remote to selet the update option. I did manage to pair the Android TV remote from my phone by connecting the box using the ethernet port. That didn't get me in either so I am still stuck on this screen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MeCoolKM3_FirstStart.jpg
Views:	963
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	769642

Comment

I just ordered a spare remote for $5.

Name:	MeCoolBasicRemote.jpg
Views:	950
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	769848

Comment

Originally posted by damole View Post
          I just ordered a spare remote for $5.

Name:	MeCoolBasicRemote.jpg
Views:	950
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	769848
          Doesn't that box need a BLUETOOTH remote to get out of that boot screen???
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Banggood sell it with this remote.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk

Comment

You need to build a male 2 male usb cable and flash the new firmware with usb burning tool
              In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package (https://github.com/opengapps/opengapps/wiki/TVStock-Package). The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be

Comment

I found a cable in my cable box and after many failed attempts to download any of the images successfully I finally got the non-ATV nano ROM and now my box is working again. Thanks.

Comment

I have tried to use Nova Launcher but pressing the home key on my airnmouse always returns to the stock launcher. My airmouse volume buttons also do not work which I think someone else mentioned on these forums. Maybe I still need the original remote afterall.

I am using KM9-V0828_Nano-20190117.img.
                  Last edited by damole; 04-27-2019, 20:21.

Comment

My main reason for not wanting to go ATV is that apart from Kodi the only other apps that I really want are the UK TV apps, BBC iPlayer, ITVHub and All4. I just got this reply from the BBC when I asked about iPlayer. Obviously, VideoStrong are not yet the kind of company that would feel it worthwhile to apply for such approval but does that mean that spoofing the box as a Shield TV would mean I would find all the apps I am looking for.

Hello damole,

Thanks for contacting us about BBC iPlayer.

I understand that you would like to know if your MeCool KM9 Android TV box may be supported in future.

We don't support Android Media Hub or Android TV boxes unless they are certified on our Help Site. All connected TV devices need to be certified to use BBC iPlayer. You can find our list of ceritifed devices on our Help Site:

Sorry about that. The page you requested has probably changed or moved to another address. Please visit our homepage and try finding what you want, or visit the other links on this page for more help.

Devices are submitted by the manufacturer to the BBC to be tested. If/when the performance is deemed satisfactory, a device becomes whitelisted.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Best wishes,

Andrew Gilfillan
                    BBC iPlayer & BBC Sounds Support Team

PS. If you need to get in touch again (or we've asked you to), please use our webform at https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/contact/return and include your case number.

To help you get the most from BBC iPlayer, visit us at www.facebook.com/bbciplayer and https://twitter.com/bbciplayer. For BBC Sounds visit us at www.facebook.com/bbcsounds and https://twitter.com/bbcsounds

Comment

After all the issues I went back to ATV, thanks again Magendanz, the remote now works.

Interestingly to me after installing ATV 8.1 through the update app, I landed in TWRP, I hadn't realised the recovery had been replaced, chose to wipe data and cache and still when the box booted it was connected to my WiFi, signed in as me and had all the previously non ATV installed apps. As quite a few didn't work, YouTube etc, I factory reset and then just sideloaded all the apps I wanted. Now I think the box is working more or less OK.

I own 2 Minix boxes so knew that this was going to be an experiment with some trial and error to get things working properly.

Comment

Working...
                      X