Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool KM9 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 8.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Mecool KM9 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 8.1)

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added a la carte by the user as needed, just as I've done with the Stock and Nano variants.

Important Note: Please use my affiliate link so that GearBest continues to send me sample hardware: MECOOL KM9 Android 8.1 TV Box

TVStock variant includes:Changelog (20190117):Changelog (20190106):Known Bugs:
    • Android TV Remote Control service will pair, but keeps dropping the connection.
    • Google Cast Receiver broadcasts, but will not connect.
    Download:Notes:
    • The local Terminal app shows after being enabled in Settings->Developer Options.
    • To make Developer Options visible, click 7 times on Settings->About->Build. To make it visible in the legacy Settings app, click More Settings->System->About Device->Build Number.
    • Other devices based on the Amlogic u211 reference board may be compatible with this ROM, but there's currently no support for different wireless chipsets or IR remotes.
    • The updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update app (Settings->About->System Update), the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. If you're installing for the first time, you should include a data wipe.
    • The safest bet is always to install the full Amlogic burn package with USB Burning Tool. The reset switch on the KM9 is through the AV port.
    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset.
    Credits:Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_27527.jpg Views:	2 Size:	21.5 KB ID:	686036 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190101-173112.png Views:	1 Size:	34.7 KB ID:	757063Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190101-173116.png Views:	1 Size:	222.6 KB ID:	757064Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190101-175642.png Views:	1 Size:	251.2 KB ID:	757065Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190101-175648.png Views:	1 Size:	119.5 KB ID:	757066Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190101-175712.png Views:	1 Size:	315.4 KB ID:	757067Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190101-175728.png Views:	1 Size:	83.1 KB ID:	757068 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190101-183743.png Views:	1 Size:	314.8 KB ID:	757069Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190101-183804.png Views:	1 Size:	295.7 KB ID:	757070Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190101-184201.png Views:	1 Size:	336.2 KB ID:	757071
    Last edited by Guest; 01-30-2019, 05:16.

Yesss!! Thanks Guest Downloading!

Comment

What is the benefits of installing this ROM over the standard ROM?
      My box freezes while streaming live TV. That sucks. Will this rom fix the problem?

Comment

This custom ROM adds support for some popular game controllers, uses the Lineage App Drawer (for non-ATV apps), exposes More Settings (non-ATV settings), bumps up the UI resolution, and strips more of the non-essential OEM apps out. Frankly, now that VideoStrong has switched over to Android TV and the TV Home Launcher, the differences aren't all that significant. It's really a matter of taste.

Streaming bugs probably won't be corrected with this custom ROM, as I didn't do any kernel work or update codecs/drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
          This custom ROM adds support for some popular game controllers, uses the Lineage App Drawer (for non-ATV apps), exposes More Settings (non-ATV settings), bumps up the UI resolution, and strips more of the non-essential OEM apps out. Frankly, now that VideoStrong has switched over to Android TV and the TV Home Launcher, the differences aren't all that significant. It's really a matter of taste.

Streaming bugs probably won't be corrected with this custom ROM, as I didn't do any kernel work or update codecs/drivers.
          Thank you so much. Thanx for the work. Been looking out for better firmware for this box. My H96 Stick was good to me , but this box has better specs. I will have a look out for more firmware.
          if I flash this , where can I find the original firmware if I want to go back?
          Also , is the flashing the same as other boxes?
          Hold the reset button ( in the AV port) and connect via USB to USB? Do we use the USB 2.0 or 3.0 port?
          Thanx mate !

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Latest OEM firmware is linked in the change log. The USB OTG port is the USB 2.0 (non-blue) port on this device.

How to install using USB Burning Tool 2.1.7
          - File> Import Image> Select the .img file
          - DESELECT "erase bootloader"
          - Press and hold the Reset button with a tool in AV port.
          - Plug to power.
          - Connect the USB cable to 2.0 port and release the reset button.
          - Look your device are detected.
          - Press Start to flash.
          - Press Stop.
          - Disconnect your device.
          ENJOY!

Comment

If anyone's feeling adventurous and contemplating flashing this on a H96 Max X2, don't do it, it will get stuck on the NEXUS logo flashing every few seconds, it won't boot.

Comment

hi,
              How to setup steps?

- DESELECT "erase bootloader"
              - Plug to power.
              - Connect the USB cable to 2.0 port and release the reset button.
              - Press Start to flash.
              - Press Stop.
              ENJOY!

Comment

- Press Start.
                - Connect the USB cable to 2.0 port and when i hear bip release the reset button.
                - Press Stop when 100% completed.

erasing bootloader makes any failure? do i worry about something? and when we flash the img should we update ota zip file?

Comment

this rom works good. thank you @magendanz.
                  - bluetooth connected. listen music with bluetooth speaker. same time wifi works 5 mbps with 6 m distance and 3 concrete wall to modem.
                  - system ui little small icons i think due to high resolution.
                  - there is netflix on google play but doesnt work.
                  - videos flicker on chrome. there was same problem on stock. when you play videos on chrome text area flickers.
                  - external hdd permission problem solved. i can delete write on externals.
                  - there is a bug. some windows on screen doesnt fit. little high and little left.
                  - and i cant hide on screen keyboard and change input to different language. not complete input. same stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

First of all thank you for your work will check your rom and report back, will you take a look at the new firmware 5/12/2108 and coock something for us with the mecool km9 with voice remote?

Comment

Originally posted by aeolous View Post

First of all thank you for your work will check your rom and report back, will you take a look at the new firmware 5/12/2108 and coock something for us with the mecool km9 with voice remote?
                      I agree with Mr. Aeolous, this update DOES fix the issue with live TV streams not playing. If you can mod it to the Android TV OS version, that would make it very useful. Still, it does NOT support any of the HD audio codecs or video framerate switching.
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Will do. I'm also trying to include drivers for SMBv3 support, which is now the default in Kodi. Hoping that I can steal it from the latest nVidia ShieldTV firmware release.

Thank you for this great Rom.

The only problem I have is that I cannot pair my Bluetooth remote. Any suggestions? There is no first blue screen to connect remote... and in the bluetooth settings "cannot pair"...
                      Thank you in advance.

Comment

Changelog (20190117):Known Bugs:
                        • Android TV Remote Control service will pair, but keeps dropping the connection.
                        • Google Cast Receiver broadcasts, but will not connect.
                        Download:

Comment

Thanks, Magendanz for this updated version. I downloaded this version you just posted, but it appears to be the stock firmware. The version says 20181205 test keys. It is the stock Android TV OS version.........

Is this correct??

Edit. I tested your zip version that has to be installed using a microSD card and it is the same 1205 version of Android 8.1. To be noted, the microSD card has to be inserted upside down. Also, when I used the update app it went to a version of TWRP called OpenRecoveryScript to do the install/update.
                          Last edited by clarkss12; 01-17-2019, 19:00.
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes, it's a custom ROM based on the OEM 1205 firmware release. However, that OEM release was not Android TV. It had the ugly old VS launcher and the mobile Google Play Store.

The OpenRecoveryScript is just an open standard for running scripts in TWRP (or even OEM stock recovery, for that matter) when you revert to factory defaults from the OS.
                        Working...
                        X