Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool KM9 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 8.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benna View Post
    How can we certify our boxos? As mine is not certified
    It's done through keys installed to secure storage in the factory, not generally something that's part of the normal firmware release. So I wouldn't expect that we'll be able to "upgrade" our uncertified hardware.

Comment

Hello Magendanz
      I currently own A95X Max 4gb RAM android 8.1.
      Can this rom support VP9 h.264 h.265 8bit 10bit mts mkv with dts sound with no lagging or stuttering?

I also own H96pro+ with S912 3gb RAM and i find it hard to play flawlessly my movies. Using USB3 external hard-drive and I still can't see where the lagging is coming from. If it is insufficient cpu (hw acceleration) or something else.

Comment

Hello. I would just like to thank you for this ROM. Really hard finding ROMs for these kinds of TV boxes it seems. Will be trying it tomorrow. Also, do you plan on upgrading this ROM to Android 9?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Most definitely...as soon as I can get a good OEM firmware release.

Magendanz

Hello. Can you tell me why this rom does not work on the mini gt1 beelink?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably because it's using a different DRAM or NAND chipset and the device trees are incompatible.

Correct new version of Android 9? Got the KM9 today. Click image for larger version

Name:	img_20190308_173147__01.jpg
Views:	782
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	765609

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Ooooh!? Can you rip the partitions for me? Pretty please!! :-)

BTW, we're hearing from Amlogic that these are not final builds of Android Pie. Really, only "normal" (non-ATV) builds will be final by end of the month, and Android TV could take longer. What you're seeing above should still be considered a beta release.

Comment

I would love to. But my A-A cable is not yet in I'm afraid.

I can bodge 2 cables together. Have plenty laying around. But not sure if that will be a good enough cable.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Probably not. It took me over a dozen tries to rip the partitions from my first S905X2 box with my old cable. The u211 reference board is very sensitive to noise.

You mentioned that indeed. Not sure if it worth the effort. The ordered cable should in my country now. But it will take 2.. 3 more working days before it gets in. So perhaps I should give it a try.

Comment

My homemade male to male USB cable works great swapping firmware all my KM9.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Cable seems to be working, but the dump tool batch stops after the bootloader.

DTB split is not working on the dtb.img file. Not sure how to proceed. Works on a downloaded file from Magendanz. So either somethings have changed in 9, or the file is indeed corrupt.

I'll attache the dtb.img
              Attached Files

Comment

Turns out it was just a single DTB, so you didn't need to split it with dtbSplit. Here are the partition sizes I was able to pull from it:

Code:
                update mread store logo normal 0x200000 logo.img
                update mread store boot normal 0x1000000 boot.img
                update mread store recovery normal 0x1000000 recovery.img
                update mread store system normal 0x4000000 system.raw
                Now, I was surprised that this didn't include vendor or odm partitions, which tells me this definitely isn't a Project Treble build. We also don't have the size of the bootloader, but we might be able to get that by progressively increasing the size until we get an error. Let's see how these go first, though. If the bootloader is locked, we'll know pretty quickly.

Comment

What step size do you recommend?

Failed at 0x2000000, OK at 0x1000000

Where can I upload a zip file with the files?

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You talking about the bootloader partition? That's good news. Judging by the partition map, it was going to be either 0x1000000 or 0x2000000, so just try 0x1000001 and verify that it fails, and that will guarantee you got all of it.

If you can post the .zip up on OneDrive or DropBox and share with me via PM, I'll assemble into an .img file and OTA update and post for everyone else on the FreakTab file share.

Bootloader did fail at 0x1000001, PM send.

Hope it all works OK

Comment

Looking forward to it! thanks
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hi Magendanz.

Do this firmware has ac3 codec? I have bought km9 and I'm using Plex. I have a MI Box which has ac3 and there is no any problem with playing videos with ac3, but in mecool km9 I have a trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X