Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool KM9 Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 8.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Mecool KM9 Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 8.1)

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these Nano and Stock Nexus ROMs prove that less can be more. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added ? la carte by the user as needed. These ROMs also serve as a foundation for TVStock Nexus ROMs, which deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package.

Important Note: Please use my affiliate link so that GearBest continues to send me sample hardware: MECOOL KM9 Android 8.1 TV Box

Stock Nexus variant includes:Nano Nexus variant includes:
    • Open GApps Nano Package
    • Android One Launcher (replaces OEM Launcher)
    • Google Chrome Browser (replaces AOSP Browser)
    • Google Legacy Camera (replaces AOSP Camera)
    • Google Desk Clock (replaces AOSP Desk Clock)
    • Google WebView (replaces AOSP WebView)
    • Terminal app from LineageOS
    • TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-1 by TeamWin
    Changelog (20190117):Changelog (20190106):
    • Initial release
    • Added drivers for Sony PS3 and Xbox game controllers.
    • Based on latest OEM firmware (OPM1.171019.011 V0828.20181122)
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20190106)
    Known Bugs:
    • Not that I've discovered yet, but it's still very early.
    Download:Notes:
    • I've switched to the Android One Launcher because the Google Now Launcher is no longer compatible with Oreo. On the Stock variant, you also get the Pixel Launcher, and you can switch between them in Settings->More Settings->Apps & Notifications->Advanced->Default Apps.
    • The local Terminal app shows after being enabled in Settings->Developer Options.
    • To make Developer Options visible, click 7 times on Settings->About->Build. To make it visible in the legacy Settings app, click More Settings->System->About Device->Build Number.
    • The underlying OEM firmware here seems to have no option to hide the navigation bar.
    • Other devices based on the Amlogic u211 reference board may be compatible with this ROM, but there's currently no support for different wireless chipsets or IR remotes.
    • The updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. If you're installing for the first time, you should include a data wipe.
    • The safest bet is always to install the full Amlogic burn package with USB Burning Tool. The reset switch on the KM9 is through the AV port.
    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset.
    Credits:Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_27527.jpg Views:	2 Size:	21.5 KB ID:	686036 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20181224-182646.png Views:	2 Size:	63.6 KB ID:	756028Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20181224-102831.png Views:	3 Size:	80.3 KB ID:	756029Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20181224-102754.png Views:	2 Size:	70.5 KB ID:	756021Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20181224-102831.png Views:	3 Size:	80.3 KB ID:	756031Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20181224-103036.png Views:	1 Size:	240.5 KB ID:	756026Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20181224-103042.png Views:	1 Size:	156.1 KB ID:	756027Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20181224-103051.png Views:	1 Size:	632.8 KB ID:	756025Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20181224-103126.png Views:	1 Size:	87.1 KB ID:	756024
    Last edited by Guest; 01-30-2019, 05:15.

Hi. Thanx for the ROM.
    But does all the original stuff still work? Like HDMI CEC control and the breathing light?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it's built on the latest OEM firmware. All I've really done is change the app inventory and tweak some settings and permissions. I have exposed More Settings, which links to the original (non-ATV) Settings app. I've also added drivers for game controllers, TWRP, etc.

Hi Guest

can you tell me is on this rom solved problem with WiFi 2,4GHz?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      WiFi 2.4GHz was working fine for me, but I did tweak some WiFi settings in the framework to indicate the device was dual-band. Not sure if that might have fixed it.

Please help booting into recovery. It does not work agter flashing this rom. Hold the reset button while powering worked 30 mins ago. No , I just see NEXUS and thats that. Please help. I need to install TWRP and Magisk again

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      The reset button is still working fine for me, but you also could trying typing "reboot recovery" from a terminal window.

WiFi is SUUUUPPPER slow. Downloading 0.05MB/S
    Original firmware was OK

Comment

Originally posted by Benna View Post
      Please help booting into recovery. It does not work agter flashing this rom. Hold the reset button while powering worked 30 mins ago. No , I just see NEXUS and thats that. Please help. I need to install TWRP and Magisk again
      You could try the app reboot to librelec from playstore it will get you in to recovery.
      scratch that now i understand you can get pass the logo.

Comment

Originally posted by aeolous View Post

You could try the app reboot to librelec from playstore it will get you in to recovery.
        scratch that now i understand you can get pass the logo.
        Thanx man. I used Terminal emulator to reboot. Worked.
        But my DSTV does not want to play. I did what I did on original rom and previous boxes. Faked the fingerprint with Magisk module to get google play certificate. But I get a "unknown error" when trying to stream. This is sad. So I will be going to original again.( I just cant fine the original ROM. I did get one , but its for touch screen version)

Comment

Guest Thanks for releasing the Rom. I'm away from home at the moment but will try it next week.

If anyones Wifi is slow on 2.4ghz just unpair the remote from bluetooth. You get better speed.

Comment

Mecool KM9 Android 9.0 Firmware (ehometech)

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Originally posted by endera View Post
              Mecool KM9 Android 9.0 Firmware (ehometech)

https://mega.nz/#F!rA0wyS5Q!psbgnSAfZokyn7Y5sSkLJA

Does voice control work in this version ?

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla g?nderildi

Comment

I haven't tried it yet

Comment

I found that sound is not working , I mean I cant change volume. Not with stock remote or my air mouse. I am trying android 9 now

Comment

So, I'm considering dropping one of these non-ATV variants, either Nano or Stock. Anyone have a preference?

Comment

I want the ATV version based on Pie....... Great possibilities.
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

ATV with the new 1205 firm plz

Comment

Working...
                        X