Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool KM9 Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 8.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everybody,

At first, thank you Magendanz for your good Rom. I use the nano one and find it very good and smooth. It give the Mecool Box the usefull it have to be.

My question is : does anyone have disconnections (i mean black screen) when you shut down the tv and after some minutes ?
    Because, i always have to reboot my box when i start the tv (the screen is black, like it is on hibernate mode).
    So, I installed a program on playstore to keep the screen on ; i swap my hdmi cable and the port too, i desactivated the screensaver. But nothing change. I look forward and find that someone had the same problem but didn't find the solution.
    Have someone an idea please ? Thank you,

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Many of the Mecool (VideoStrong) OEM ROMs have had this problem. Some have blamed overheating (because they definitely run hot), but I think it's just a low-level (kernel or bootloader) bug.

OK thank you for your answer. Hope it will be resolved perhaps with the next version ? Because i didn't had this problem with the ATV version, only with the Nano (that i prefer)

Comment

It is possible to implement the auto refresh rate?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably not without source code, which we don't have.

Hi Magendanz i thing we have news

Mecool KM9 Pro is a new TV-Box version of the Mecool KM9 that we met some time ago in detail through one of our REVIEW. In this version we have the same

This rom need. The chipset is the same?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed, but even with the OEM firmware we won't have the private keys installed in the factory for Google certification. As soon as someone gets a KM9 Pro, please let me know so that we can rip the partitions.

Will the OEM firmware from KM9 Pro come with playready DRM if we manage to get it installed in first version of KM9? I really wish they would OTA update the first version of KM9 to this firmware, at least Amazon prime would work for me.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, the GearBest product page definitely lists Microsoft PlayReady DRM as well as Widevine L1 and Google Cast. Amazon Prime Video should work on Android TV, but we really can't say for sure until we try it.

Guest Eagerly looking forward to you porting either KM3 or KM9 Pro ROMs to our gen 1 KM9, as hardware and voice remote seems identical. Also from the product page it looks like both KM3 and KM9 Pro will ship with ATV version of Pie just like our gen 1 KM9 which shipped with ATV version of 8.1.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, I'm hoping the Pie builds are a little more "baked" for these new models. We'll see. ;-)

Looks like we now have a stable Android pie Amlogic SDK for s905X2. Release notes http://openlinux.amlogic.com/@api/de...90415_AOSP.pdf

Comment

Hi Magendanz . Thank you for you rom . I start to run the img with your recommend burning tool and I have 2 problems . First i pic 1 and the second when I remove the tick of check rom , start to burn and error . Return to original and everything work normal . The product it was buy on gearbest .
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like you've got a bad cable. These S905X2 boxes are very finicky when it comes to SNR on USB, and it took me several tries to get a good one. I recommend a braided cable with a ferrite core.

any link for this kind of cable , I have 3 but with not success .

Comment

hi again , but with more cable no solution , I have start with sdcard is the same start and stop . any problem that you now ??

Regards
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

done man after 4 hours , download problem file .

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, a corrupted data transfer via download or cable would pretty much have the same effect.

Might be a noob question but if I install the non ATV version then all my apps will get auto updated by the Play store if I select that option. I find that there a very few apps in the ATV filtered Play store and if I sideload the apps I want, keeping them up to date is a little more complicated.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            That's true, but the ATV (Tubesky) and non-ATV (Phonesky) Google Play Store apps can't work side-by-side.

I have just tried to import the image into the burning tool but it fails. It took me multiple attempts to download both ATV and non-ATV nano images with what seemed like no errors. I tried with and without using a download manager. Could you provide a checksum please so I know if what I downloaded is valid?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ParseBurningImageFail.PNG
Views:	1067
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	770153
          Click image for larger version

Name:	checksum.PNG
Views:	789
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	770154

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Nano SHA1: AB577AD34882493481AA0B4A91EF56139CCF1816
            Stock SHA1: 7D023341EF2E5BA25F50C149EBFFB62FE1D719DE

These are just for the .img files, as the .zips (OTA updates) have their own built-in verification system.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ChromeDownloadHalt.PNG Views:	1 Size:	20.0 KB ID:	770237
          Click image for larger version  Name:	FailedNetworkError.PNG Views:	1 Size:	17.5 KB ID:	770244

Thanks!

After a few more failed attempts, see above, I finally managed to get it downloaded using Chrome and the SHA1 matches.

Last edited by damole; 04-25-2019, 09:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon66 View Post
            Hi @Magendanz,
            I sent something by PayPal because you're responsible for making my 2 Mecool KM9's useful again. Thanks.
            I bought 2 as christmas gifts but I found they were pretty useless when I went to set them up for my kids.

I flashed them with your Nano Variant: BURN PACKAGE and they work great now.
            I replaced the control with an air mouse.

There is one thing that I can't fix in settings - the android nav controls at the bottom of the screen (triangle-circle-square) stay with every app.
            The notification bar at the top slides away but the footer nav doesn't.

In older android tablets these was a setting to toggle full-screen but that's missing from the settings on this ROM.

I downloaded an app to force full-screen but the footer nav would disappear and reappear immediately.

Is there a setting I'm missing to auto hide this nav-bar?

Cheers
            Simon66
            I could not find it in rood directory ..Can you give the correct path ,or application that can hide the down bar

Comment

Working...
            X