Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New S905X3 box with dual wifi for around 40 dollars us? wow if its the truth that is

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New S905X3 box with dual wifi for around 40 dollars us? wow if its the truth that is

I came across this box while browsing aliexpress, S10 MAX+ Android 9.0 Smart TV BOX Amlogic S905X3. and it's priced around only 40 bucks u.s. I wonder if it's a genuine with the actual chip that's advertised, if it is then, it seems like a pretty good deal.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...chweb201603_53
    Last edited by mike808; 09-04-2019, 13:33.

S10 is one of those no-name generic brands with no support, the hardware may be decent with the S905x3 but you are really gambling if the OS software will be decent or even remotely good. Better off just putting in a pre-order for the new $50-70 Khadas S905D device. Unless you're a tv box seller then yeah buy 1000 of these cheap boxes and tell your customers you don't offer any warrenty or extended support for these devices lol.

Comment

I've ordered one piece and should have it sometimes next week. Looking forward to testing how it works. I'm guessing the firmware is no better or worse than any other Chinese box manufacturer like Tanix or Beelink, they all have their issues, as long as they're functional and can play up-to 4K videos I'm happy.

Comment

I received the box today, was quiet surprised, it came earlier than anticipated. Anyways, from initial use of the box, it seems to be pretty stable and snappy, and very smooth, plays the highest bit-rate 4k videos on youtube without any trouble, very smooth playback, and good picture quality. The only issue I noticed was that the upper info/curtain bar can't be dragged down, which might get fixed with a firmware update. Other than that, it's pretty good, I was able to turn off the touch sound from settings unlike the TX6 box that you basically have to put in do not disturb mode to turn the touch sounds off. Also, there is an option for dolby digital video under display settings, I don't know if it actually makes any difference in the picture quality, but it's there. The box runs pretty cool too, stays below 50 degrees Celsius. Kodi, stbemu, smart youtube, etc., work flawlessly, no crashes or reboots even after a few hours of continuous use, has dual wifi and bluetooth, most of the settings are easily accessible and it's rooted. There is actually a root switch in the settings that on can turn on and off. Also, the box is pretty small in size as well.

Comment

Sounds decent, but don't expect any updated firmwares from the manufacture, the notification curtain is problem for all the latest Android 9 Amlogic devices. And I never noticed the "Touch sounds" setting from the TX6 latest firmware not being accessible or that being an issue for me in device usage.

Comment

If the notification curtain is an issue for all Android Pie Amlogic devices then, it's not a big deal if this device has the same issues, which doesn't really affect in any way the performance or functionality of this device, I'm sure there will be a fix out in due time. Other than that, after using this box for a couple of days now, I can definitely recommend it based on my experience. No crashes or reboots everything is super stable and works as it should, this box uses the leanback launcher, which is very customizeable, I would recommend this box or the Tx5 Pro over the Tx6 box, as these both are based on Amlogic chipsets and both play 4K highest bitrate content on youtube flawlessly, which the Tx6 can't do. Also, I find this box is much faster than Tx5 Pro as well, it gets an Antutu overall score of around 59000, which is higher than what the Tx6 and Tx5 get. For around 40 bucks u.s. it's a pretty sweet deal in my opinion, and if there aren't any problems with the current firmware, why ask for updates, updates are only needed when current firmware isn't good, which is not the case this time.

Comment

Lets have some pictures and info who be good,
              Pictures paint a thousand words
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                Lets have some pictures and info who be good,
                Feedback 5/5 4 ratings
                AliExpress Shopper 06 Sep 2019
                TV BOX Plug Type:US Plug

"Good fast box, firmware needs a bit of improvement, as cpu z and aida64 show the cpu to be cortex 53 not 55 as it should be because of the s905x3 cpu. Also, the top notification bar cannot be pulled down, hopefully these issues will be fixed in next firmware release. Otherwise box runs fast and cool and video playback is very good."

" "Edit~ had several pictures downloaded ready to go from the website, but I'm not allowed too attached a web p extension dot-... apparently
                Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

• trebor
                  trebor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Real pictures, details what's in the box both cardboard and plastic.

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                Feedback 5/5 4 ratings
                AliExpress Shopper 06 Sep 2019
                TV BOX Plug Type:US Plug

"Good fast box, firmware needs a bit of improvement, as cpu z and aida64 show the cpu to be cortex 53 not 55 as it should be because of the s905x3 cpu. Also, the top notification bar cannot be pulled down, hopefully these issues will be fixed in next firmware release. Otherwise box runs fast and cool and video playback is very good."

" "Edit~ had several pictures downloaded ready to go from the website, but I'm not allowed too attached a web p extension dot-... apparently
                Lol, that's my review, I bought the box from that aliexpress seller. There are pictures to be found on the seller's store. Also, there are some reviews for this box on youtube but in a different languange, I'm guessing russian. From the three newer boxes I currently have, this box scores the highest in antutu's benchmark, Tx5 Pro was second, and lowest score went to Tx6 (4/64 version).

Comment

• trebor
                  trebor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes all well and good but they are not yours...you could be just trying to sell and promote this box create and interest
                  We try to look after the sponsors of FT and well others try to get it for Nix....

So show and tell you its good night Irene....

There is quite a few other new S905X3 tv boxes on Alibaba.com that should be popping up soon on AliExpress.com, Gearbest.com, or Geekbuying.com.
                Alibaba.com features smart and reliable s905x3 for all TVs equipped with brilliant features. These s905x3 are ideal for residential and commercial uses.

The S9_Max by Sunnzo and the GT6_Max by B2go look real nice.
                Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 09-10-2019, 15:07. Reason: .

Comment

All Good...

C'mon fellas I don't get every box that is made and do my best to show and tell whats on the inside to help others to see the good and the bad and sometimes ugly
                  If you are going to mention a box then at least do a bit of a show and tell its not hard

Just do it....or well the thread may just be deleted

treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Yes, please delete this thread as I won't have any time to open up the box and post pictures which I'm not getting paid to do. I don't wanta risk damaging my box by opening it up without any reason, also we don't want to upset your sponsors by saying anything good about similar boxes with same chipset and features that are selling for half their price. Abut posting pictures of the cardboard box and what's inside, it's the same as any other chinese made tv box with everthing the same, hdmi cable, remote and power adapter, this doesn't have any special surprises, so it's really pointless to post pics, and for those interested you can get pics on the sellers website and there are a couple of unboxing videos on youtube as well. I'm not a professional reviewer and don't get free boxes or get paid to do biased reviews.

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                      RISCy Dude commented
                      Editing a comment
                      "also we don't want to upset your sponsors by saying anything good..." and " and don't get free boxes or get paid to do biased reviews"
                      What are you insinuating here?

Many cheap devices enter the market, some are decent deals, some cut corners in areas not easily seen. Some examples of cutting corners, no HDMI port protection, substandard components like caps, ICs and some lack proper ESD protection circuits. Most of those can come back to haunt a user. I am not saying any of this is the case with your box. A teardown is one way to know or at least get an idea.

• trebor
                      trebor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      "also we don't want to upset your sponsors by saying anything good about similar boxes"
                      Looks like a 905x2 if the info is correct ....

If it looks like spam and smells like spam, what more can i say...

Its fake! The box has an x2 processor, not an x3. I, too, bought it and ordered this, have us on Russian forum already opened and all became obviously

Comment

The inside of the other console - A95X F2, Pref, in principle, good for the money, but there are questions, for example there is no protection usb3.0 when you use the disk that drops the WIFI speed 5.4

Comment

Working...
                      X