• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prefor
    replied
    Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post

stock firmware ( MOD)
    Thank you for those I watched the first video you linked yesterday, and looked surprisingly good! But I'm still not if it is going to overheat or not...

By the way, one stupid question, do all CPU S905X3 supports EmuElec?
    I do know that A95X F3 do, but does the Tox1 also supports it since they have the same CPU chip?

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Its a Vontar, basically a Mecool or close

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by prefor View Post
    ...That Tox1 is "unknown" and I haven't found many reviews on that compared to A95X F3.

stock firmware ( MOD)

Leave a comment:

• webipsum
    replied
    His indication of the A95X F3 was very good.
    I already bought two units!
    Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• prefor
    replied
    Originally posted by masher17 View Post
    yes I agree DDR4 would be great, I use my A95X F3 in the bedroom doesn't get a whole lot of use, but in my opinion it works really well, it just had an update and I have no problems with it.
    Do you notice any lag or anything? I'm thinking to buy either this one or a box called Tox1 TV box. That Tox1 box have the same specs like A95X F3, but it have DDR4 instead and 1000 Mbps Lan... Don't know which one to choose. That Tox1 is "unknown" and I haven't found many reviews on that compared to A95X F3.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    yes I agree DDR4 would be great, I use my A95X F3 in the bedroom doesn't get a whole lot of use, but in my opinion it works really well, it just had an update and I have no problems with it.

Leave a comment:

• prefor
    replied
    This would have been the perfect box it if only had DDR4

Leave a comment:

• webipsum
    replied
    Hi.
    I use an app on my cellphone that I would like to use on the A95X F3 (with stock firmware).
    The app is installed, but when it runs it displays the message that the A95X F3 is routed.
    Even if I change the ROOT Switch settings to OFF, the app still identifies the rooting.
    I used 2 different apps.
    Apps have different results.
    See the pictures:

ROOT Switch ON

ROOT Switch OFF

I believe that Magisk solves this problem.
    Has anyone installed Magisk on the A95X F3 (with stock firmware)?
    Could someone please give me some tips/tutorial?
    Tks.

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied
    Originally posted by webipsum View Post
    ath156

With your special help, I inform you that my A95X F3 (with stock firmware) is 100% working and I am immensely grateful to you.

Now I will start to configure the launcher you suggested (SQUARE Home Launcher). What I'm using (SMAT Launcher) depends a lot on the mouse and what you suggested facilitates the use of the other buttons on the remote control.

As you know I tested VORTEX and SLIMBOX, but I left them aside for now, as I am setting up two A95X F3s to give my children gifts and as soon as MY A95X F3 arrives, I will test the two alternative firmwares more deeply.

Is the firmware you developed (and posted here) compatible with the A95X F3?

Have a great day!
    Glad to help you and thank you for recognising any help you might got from me !
    No my firmware is only for the boxes I refer there. I want to be 100% that what I upload is actualy working 100%, so I am doing firmware only for boxes that I actually own and can personally test.
    I hope your children will enjoy their gifts.
    Best regards

Leave a comment:

• webipsum
    replied
    ath156

With your special help, I inform you that my A95X F3 (with stock firmware) is 100% working and I am immensely grateful to you.

Now I will start to configure the launcher you suggested (SQUARE Home Launcher). What I'm using (SMAT Launcher) depends a lot on the mouse and what you suggested facilitates the use of the other buttons on the remote control.

As you know I tested VORTEX and SLIMBOX, but I left them aside for now, as I am setting up two A95X F3s to give my children gifts and as soon as MY A95X F3 arrives, I will test the two alternative firmwares more deeply.

Is the firmware you developed (and posted here) compatible with the A95X F3?

Have a great day!

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied
    ath156

Alternative firmware for the A95X F3: SLIMBOX and VORTEX.
    What is the root manager? Do you know?

Please:

USB Burning Tool.

I leave the configuration options checked:

Configuration
    [x] Flash Erase
    Normal erase
    [x] Erase bootloader

And the others I leave unchecked?

Tks.
    I think both have SuperSU.
    Yes the usual options of UBT (only for "encrypted" firmwares like X88 pro there must be another procedure- I don't know but I don't think yours is encrypted?)

Leave a comment:

• webipsum
    replied
    ath156

Alternative firmware for the A95X F3: SLIMBOX and VORTEX.
    What is the root manager? Do you know?

Please:

USB Burning Tool.

I leave the configuration options checked:

Configuration
    [x] Flash Erase
    Normal erase
    [x] Erase bootloader

And the others I leave unchecked?

Tks.
    Last edited by webipsum; 09-18-2020, 16:19.

Leave a comment:

• webipsum
    replied
    ath156

I edited the build.prop. It worked.
    Now I can view notifications in One Shade and I can action them.
    The original notification bar is still there ... I can see the notifications, but they are blocked. It does not allow any action.
    It would be nice if I didn't need an additional app for that.
    About Home Square Launcher, I'll comment later.
    I am testing the SMART launcher.
    With regard to widgets, the Home Square Launcher, allowed to install all widgets and configure them.
    The SMART Launcher allows the installation of widgets, but I cannot configure them.
    It must be missing some permission or it is a bug of the launcher.
    Thank you very, very much!

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied
    ath156
    I did the test.
    The notification bar implemented in Android 9 from the box is blocked.
    I took the liberty of sending an MP with the screenshots, as there are several.
    I will test one of the 2 alternative firmwares (SlimBox ou Vortex), probably tomorrow.
    Thank you very much for your help!
    Note: I didn't know Home Square. Liked it!
    Thank you for your detailed test and screenshots. I also send you an MP with something last to try if you would like.
    As far as Square Home 2 is concerned this is the launcher I use in every box I have. You can arrange it in any way you like (please take a look at the screenshots I have from my rom https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...amlogic-s905x3). One of the most usefull features of it is if you allow it to inform you with even "aggresive animations" whenever an app has a notification (e.g. if you have a mail in Gmail it starts the animation and also stating from where is the mail etc).

Leave a comment:

• webipsum
    replied
    Originally posted by ath156 View Post
    - Download and install Square Home 2 Launcher. If you cannot find it in Playstore use the site I gave you the link for Power Shade. Make it your default launcher.
    - Install Power Shade (if not already installed)
    - In the Square Home launcher press the "+" square and in the "ADD" menu press "Application".In the submenu "Application" choose "Power Shade" and in the "POWER SHADE" menu choose "Open Notifications".
    Now at the launcher press the newlly created square ("Open Notifications") and see if there is any difference.
    You can do all that just for the sake of experiment.
    ath156
    I did the test.
    The notification bar implemented in Android 9 from the box is blocked.
    I took the liberty of sending an MP with the screenshots, as there are several.
    I will test one of the 2 alternative firmwares (SlimBox ou Vortex), probably tomorrow.
    Thank you very much for your help!
    Note: I didn't know Home Square. Liked it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X