• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ath156
    replied
    Originally posted by webipsum View Post
    ath156

I will test the Power Shade as per your suggestion.

A question about the Vortex.
    To flash the firmware: a95xf3_aosp_vtx_v2.3.0.img, is it not just using the USB Burning Tool as I do with the stock firmware?
    I read the instructions on the Vortex website and was confused.
    I ask for your guidance.
    Just do it the way you already know with USB Burning Tool.

Leave a comment:

• webipsum
    replied
    ath156

I will test the Power Shade as per your suggestion.

A question about the Vortex.
    To flash the firmware: a95xf3_aosp_vtx_v2.3.0.img, is it not just using the USB Burning Tool as I do with the stock firmware?
    I read the instructions on the Vortex website and was confused.
    I ask for your guidance.

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied

ath156

Both firmwares have the AOSP> ATV> AOSP patch.
    I intend to install ATV to know and use the patch to switch to AOSP and then use AOSP definitely.
    Or it is better to install AOSP direct. Clean installation. Or does it make a difference?

What is your opinion? SLIMBOX or VORTEX? :-)

Thank you!
    In my H96 max X3 I am using my own custom firmware, but I have tried before both Slimbox & Vortex. They are almost the same and there is a reason for that.
    Slimbox seems to be known to more users, but as I already told you they have so very similar roms with Vortex !!! The roms of Vortex tend to be more "clean" of additional apps and have only the apps that everybody needs and of course the tweaks that also slimbox roms have. I think it's better to try by yourself and decide which suits you most.
    As I always prefer AOSP (for the freedom it gives you to do what you want) I would install AOSP directly.
    Before that could you try the Power Shade as I told you above?
    Thank you and Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

• webipsum
    replied
    Originally posted by ath156 View Post
    They are almost the same http://xvtx.ru/tvbox/download.htm
    ath156

Both firmwares have the AOSP> ATV> AOSP patch.
    I intend to install ATV to know and use the patch to switch to AOSP and then use AOSP definitely.
    Or it is better to install AOSP direct. Clean installation. Or does it make a difference?

What is your opinion? SLIMBOX or VORTEX? :-)

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied

When I get home I'll test it and then I'll tell you.

The Slimbox and Vortex firmwares...
    Slimbox I know.
    Vortex I do not know.

Enviado de meu SM-A710M usando o Tapatalk
    They are almost the same http://xvtx.ru/tvbox/download.htm

Leave a comment:

• webipsum
    replied

... The Slimbox and Vortex firmwares ...
    When I get home I'll test it and then I'll tell you.

The Slimbox and Vortex firmwares...
    Slimbox I know.
    Vortex I do not know.

Enviado de meu SM-A710M usando o Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied
    I forgot to tell you to search if there is any update for Power Shade (even if you just installed it). Of course I don't know if you actually have an ATV firmware, if Playstore will inform you of any update for Power Shade.
    I'm not even thinking to add this to my previous post (edit it) as the spam bot is waiting for me !!!!!LOL

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied
    ath156

I am still using the original A95X F3 firmware.
    Over the weekend, I must flashing SLIMBOX on the A95X F3.
    AOSP because I want freedom from launchers, widgets, applications, etc.
    • Can you tell me if it comes with root? Which root?

I tested One Shade, but like the others it doesn't work 100%, as the notification bar is completely blocked in the A95X F3

Thank you and have a great day.
    First of all as you could see there were 2 posts to you that were blocked by the spam bot for almost 2 days !!!!!!!
    The Slimbox and Vortex firmwares have a switch to root/unroot the system. If they completely root/unroot your system that's something you have to find yourself (it also depends on the services you are using and their ability to find if you have a rooted system).
    If you used my link for Power Shade than this most probably means you have an ATV like firmware. If such a case the following may not be possible, but you can try it anyway.
    - Download and install Square Home 2 Launcher. If you cannot find it in Playstore use the site I gave you the link for Power Shade. Make it your default launcher.
    - Install Power Shade (if not already installed)
    - In the Square Home launcher press the "+" square and in the "ADD" menu press "Application".In the submenu "Application" choose "Power Shade" and in the "POWER SHADE" menu choose "Open Notifications".

Now at the launcher press the newlly created square ("Open Notifications") and see if there is any difference.
    You can do all that just for the sake of experiment.

Leave a comment:

• webipsum
    replied
    ath156

I am still using the original A95X F3 firmware.
    Over the weekend, I must flashing SLIMBOX on the A95X F3.
    AOSP because I want freedom from launchers, widgets, applications, etc.
    • Can you tell me if it comes with root? Which root?

I tested One Shade, but like the others it doesn't work 100%, as the notification bar is completely blocked in the A95X F3

Thank you and have a great day.

Leave a comment:

• webipsum
    replied
    Please:
    1. I am using an application that requests location. As the A95X F3 is connected via cable and the A95X F3 does not have GPS, does anyone have any tips to resolve this?
    2. Another application that does not run because it detects the root: Does anyone have any tips on how to solve this on the A95X F3?
    Tks.

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied
    I don't have either of these boxes so I can't check it. Are you using ATV or AOSP? If it is ATV rom (for A95X F3) than I can understand why you can not find it in Google Play.
    If you want you can try One Shade from here ***ttps://apkpure.com/search?q=power+shade&t=app and probably sideload it?
    Good luck to whatever you do.

Note: As once again I have problems with the spam bot, I rewrote my last Post (please change *** with "h" in the link).

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied
    ath156

A95X F3:
    I have access to the 100% navigation bar.
    The notification bar, when I open the navigation bar, I can see it at the top. But it is blocked, I cannot access the notifications.
    Power Shade / One Shade does not appear on Google Play on the A95X F3.
    I used the similar Bottom Quick Settings, but it didn't help much because the notification bar is blocked. It must be because of the way that Android 9 was implemented on the A95X F3.

TX6S:
    I don't have access to any of the bars (navigation and notifications).
    I can't even see the bars (navigation and notifications).
    It must be because of the way that Android 10 was implemented in TX6S.

Tks.
    I don't have either of these boxes so I can't check it. Are you using ATV or AOSP? If it is ATV rom (for A95X F3) than I can understand why you can not find it in Google Play.
    If you want you can try One Shade from here https://apkpure.com/search?q=power+shade&t=app and probably sideload it?
    Good luck to whatever you do.

Leave a comment:

• webipsum
    replied
    For notification bar just install POWER SHADE from playstore.
    ath156

A95X F3:
    I have access to the 100% navigation bar.
    The notification bar, when I open the navigation bar, I can see it at the top. But it is blocked, I cannot access the notifications.
    Power Shade / One Shade does not appear on Google Play on the A95X F3.
    I used the similar Bottom Quick Settings, but it didn't help much because the notification bar is blocked. It must be because of the way that Android 9 was implemented on the A95X F3.

TX6S:
    I don't have access to any of the bars (navigation and notifications).
    I can't even see the bars (navigation and notifications).
    It must be because of the way that Android 10 was implemented in TX6S.

Tks.
    Last edited by webipsum; 09-16-2020, 03:24.

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied
    I'll test it as soon as I get home. Thank you.
    Also as navigation bar you can use TASKBAR which is a navigation bar and much more ................................. (of course in case you don't know already TASKBAR).
    You can have a taste of how it looks at Screenshot N.4 of my custom rom here https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...amlogic-s905x3

Leave a comment:

• webipsum
    replied
    For notification bar just install POWER SHADE from playstore.
    I'll test it as soon as I get home. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X