Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Ugoos X3 ATV_by_Sasvlad ( AndroidTV 9.0 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sasvlad
    i have 0.3.3 , i want to update to 3.4, do i need to flash again using same method of usb burning tool... or can i go in settings>update and use the zip file so i dont
    lose all data?

Comment

Originally posted by ministerjee View Post
      sasvlad
      i have 0.3.3 , i want to update to 3.4, do i need to flash again using same method of usb burning tool... or can i go in settings>update and use the zip file so i dont
      lose all data?
      If we are talking about dualboot, then only through UBT, because the layout of emmc has changed.
      Single can be updated via TWRP.
      My firmware is not updated in settings>update, this is for stock only.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasvlad View Post

If we are talking about dualboot, then only through UBT, because the layout of emmc has changed.
        Single can be updated via TWRP.
        My firmware is not updated in settings>update, this is for stock only.
        yes, dualboot... just flashed 0.3.4.. hoping will be better than previous firmware... still exploring... yesterday on 0.3.3 i accidentally shut down the box..and then after powering on , and after boot screen, TV was saying no signal detected, and light was red.. took me about 30 minutes to troubleshoot..even tried two other TVs ... same thing.. but finally came on after pressing reset button... worked fine afterwards... i think must be something in power setting options ..dont know exactly..anyways...today i decided to update to 0.3.4, lets see how that goes.

Comment

I have a very basic question.

I am currently running CoreELEC off a USB stick on a Tanix Android box and occasionally reboot into Android running off the eMMC.

If I buy a Ugoos X3 box and install the dualboot version firmware from here, does that I mean that I can still switch between Android and CoreELEC but that all firmware and the CoreELEC database are on the eMMC? Can I still install Kodi add-ons?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by unmesh View Post
            I have a very basic question.

I am currently running CoreELEC off a USB stick on a Tanix Android box and occasionally reboot into Android running off the eMMC.

If I buy a Ugoos X3 box and install the dualboot version firmware from here, does that I mean that I can still switch between Android and CoreELEC but that all firmware and the CoreELEC database are on the eMMC? Can I still install Kodi add-ons?

Thanks
            YES and YES

Comment

Thanks RiCkLaR_atvX

Now to find a vendor that has stock in the US and hasn't inflated their prices too much!

Comment

Updated: [ROM] Ugoos X3 Android TV by Sasvlad v.0.3.6 (Dualboot and SingleBoot)

Comment

Sasvlad are you able to make just the TWRP for this box available as an .img file to enter recovery from USB/SD. I am not really keen on the ATV version, but would love TWRP recovery to install Magisck on the stock firmware and to be able to backup my TV box.

Comment

Thanks so much for this awesomeness. I am about to order an Ugoos X2 or X3 because of the possibility this firmware provides to dualboot seamlessly between ATV and CoreElec.

Just wondering for such a setup (and a Kodi library of maybe 1000 movies and 1 or 2000 TV eps) would one of the 2GB + 16 GB Ugoos boxes be sufficient or would one of the 4GB ram models (with 32 or 64 internal) be preferable?

Thanks very much!

(Posting the same question in the X2 ATV Rom thread too - any major performance diff between X3 and X2 ?)

Comment

• mo123
                      mo123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you can afford the bigger storage, RAM, buy it to be future proof.
                      But the 16GB model has the exact same video playback, so it won't make a difference for video playback.
                      Bigger storage and RAM is nice to have considering most new 3D Android games are over 2GB in size now.

Thanks Mo123

Comment

Just finally received my X3, and excited to flash it with this DualBoot asap.

I want to flash via the "specially prepared MicroSD" method. IS this possible for Sasvlad's DualBoot firmware?

I saw on the X2 thread that that mo123 linked to this guide for using Burn Card Maker :
                      https://hd-mediaplayers.ru/firmware-...x-soc-amlogic/

Is there any downside to doing it this way? I don't have the USB A male to male cable at the moment so hope I can proceed with the MicroSD card method!

Thanks so much if somebody can help me with this
                      Last edited by kiboy6; 12-23-2020, 10:19.

Comment

Basically just need to confirm that, (if done very carefully!) I can proceed with the procedure detailed here:
                        https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...le-safe-method

using the .img file located inside archive X3_dce_ATV_by_Sasvlad_v.0.3.6.7z?

(this woud be the first firmware flash on a brand new X3)

If anybody can confirm that this method is possible with this dualboot Sasvlad image that would be awesome so I can get stuck in . Thanks!

Comment

Managed to get it installed as above.

LOVING the ROM. Thanks so much forSasvlad!!

One question :

Do we always have to boot into one OS in order to reboot into the other? Is there no option for a boot menu each startup?

And I noticed that only the default Kodi skin has the "reboot to emmc / nand" option available in the power menu. is there a guide anywhere how to easily incorporate it into other skins? Thanks!
                          Last edited by kiboy6; 12-23-2020, 18:25.

Comment

Originally posted by kiboy6 View Post
                            Managed to get it installed as above.

LOVING the ROM. Thanks so much forSasvlad!!

One question :

Do we always have to boot into one OS in order to reboot into the other? Is there no option for a boot menu each startup?

And I noticed that only the default Kodi skin has the "reboot to emmc / nand" option available in the power menu. is there a guide anywhere how to easily incorporate it into other skins? Thanks!
                            Only with mainline u-boot could you have a boot menu on startup but then Android wouldn't boot and CoreELEC would also need to switch to a mainline kernel.
                            So it's too complicated.

How to add a reboot to emmc menu in CoreELEC for other skins.
                            This is the complete DialogButtonMenu.xml.zip (929 Bytes) from original Estuary skin. You can find all you need in it, and adopt it to Confluence.

DISCONTINUED: These builds will no longer be updated but you are welcome to use them! LibreELEC 8.2 for Amlogic S912 devices. WARNING: Amlogic has not released fbdev Mali libraries and has no plans to release them. These builds use libhybris and…

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X