X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Tanix TX3 4GB,32GB Amlogic S905X3 - SLIMBOX AndroidTV 9 Build

My TV Box: Tanix TX3 4GB,32GB Amlogic S905X3 2.4G/5GHz Dual Wifi BT 4.2 QZ
    High-Resolution PCB Picture: https://ibb.co/zbqW5HH

Details from PCB: CS_905X3_TX95_B4_QZ_V1.2 (So this a QZ version of the Board)

WIFI Chip:
    SP6330
    ZX190906

I flashed this SLIMBOX ATV9 ROM (QZ version)

Clock LED, IR Remote, BlueTooth, Lan, Wifi everything is working as expected.
    I have used USB Burning Tool to install this ROM.
    The reset pin is next to the power plug.

ROM Link:

Original Forum Link:
    https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry96525499

Thanks
    Hannah
    Image TX3-s905x3-pcb hosted in ImgBB
    Last edited by hannah; 08-16-2020, 04:14.

I see the above ROM Link is DEAD.
    Here is the relevant Project Work Link:

A project to create firmware for TV boxes and sticks with an Amlogic processor. Amlogic S905X, S905X2, S905X3, S912, S922, S905W, S905W4, S905Y2, S905L (Android 9) Amlogic S905X4, S905W2, S905Y4 (Android 11) slimBOXtv ATV and AOSP are two...

Thanks
    Hannah

Comment

Another source of these ROMs:

Shamelessly copied from this thread:
      Just looking to see why the SLIMBOX ROM was deleted from this section? Seems to be a very promising ROM and have been using it for the last few days. Is there any particular reason?

Comment

I burned SLIMROM with the Amlogic USB Burning Tool and the box powers up with the VFD showing "boot" and the SLIMBOX logo on the screen but nothing after that.

What else can I try?

Comment

Soon after my previous post,I just went back to stock firmware. Eventually got around to paying attention to this and discovered that I had the BZ variant in hardware but was flashing the QZ variant. Once I fixed that, everything is working fine.

Comment

This ROM is amazing !! I flashed the ATV on my Transpeed X3 Plus and I'm so happy. I've been looking for a few months for a suitable replacement to the crappy stock firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrod1 View Post
              This ROM is amazing !! I flashed the ATV on my Transpeed X3 Plus and I'm so happy. I've been looking for a few months for a suitable replacement to the crappy stock firmware.
              Can you please tell us your WIFI Chip?
              I had frequent disconnect of wifi in my Tanix TX3 with this ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by hannah View Post

My Transpeed has a AP6330 wifi chip.Are you suure you got the ROM from the right place? I went from here to XDA to a Russian site to finally get the right one. Here is a link to the site. You'll find a link on that site for your Tanix X3 that will have the ATV and the Pie Image.

Comment

Originally posted by hannah View Post
                  My Transpeed has a AP6330 wifi chip.Are you suure you got the ROM from the right place? I went from here to XDA to a Russian site to finally get the right one. Here is a link to the site. You'll find a link on that site for your Tanix X3 that will have the ATV and the Pie Image.
                  Code:
                  [URL="https://telegra.ph/Skachat-proshivku--Download-firmware-09-11"]https://telegra.ph/Skachat-proshivku...firmware-09-11[/URL]

Comment

Before I buy
                    Could anybody in Europe or North America Please confirm the GOOGLE PLAY Webscare appk works on the Tanix TX3.
                    Make sure the MSNBC, CNN, and FOX video's are functional

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Webscare+Apps&hl=en&gl=US

The appk is blocked in CHINA and therefore cannot be tried in China
                    PS: For some reason, the appk does not work in North America with the Tanix TX6-MINI and TX6S

But it works on my Tablet and android phone and Alfawise S95 TV box
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrod1 View Post

https://telegra.ph/Skachat-proshivku...firmware-09-11
                      Thanks for your info here.
                      For TX3 the rom is here: https://yadi.sk/d/nPNKOVcGahm79g?w=1

Will update once flashed and tested.

Comment

I now have flashed this ROM:
                        https://yadi.sk/d/nPNKOVcGahm79g?w=1 (ATV QZ version)

Everything works including BT/WIFI/IR Remote and Front Clock Display.

Yet to check the stability of the Wifi.

Update: Wifi is also SOLID. The previous disconnection issue is no longer there.
                        Last edited by hannah; 03-04-2021, 06:08.

Comment

Hi I have tx3 s905x3 and i was able to install slimbox 11.6 and everything is OK but after boot launcher crash for 10-20 seconds then come back or I am unable to install apps and some apps when open crash and also box reboot. And even if I burn original firmware or any other firmware with UBT its the same thing. I put slimbox on many boxes before and never happen before except for a tx3 mini 1.6 not long time ago had exactly the same problem after burning slimbox. Launcher or apps crash and when i burn original firmware or any other with UBT after the problem still there.

Anyone had this problem before? I don't think its something with slimbox cause I use it for many boxes and always great rom except for these 2 boxes.
                          I think maybe something mess up with partition or something that cant be fix by only burning other firmware

Really need help
                          Thanks
                          Jay

Comment

For anybody interested here is the new Slimbox link the old link still works but none of the files are there anymore. You'll a translater unless you can read Russian.
                            Прошивки, инструкции, приложения для Android TV Box

Comment

Tanix TX3
                              Firmware version: 12.1
                              CPU: Amlogic S905X3 GPU: G31™ MP2 Изменения: добавлены универсальные прошивки для ревизий BZ (LAN 100M) и QZ (LAN 1000M)

You can easily translate this page.

Further Note:
                              I have installed ATV QZ version.
                              Everything works including BT/WIFI/IR Remote and Front Clock Display.
                              Last edited by hannah; 09-17-2021, 06:17.

Comment

Working...
                              X