Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96S Display Dongle/Stick A8.1 Amlogic S905Y2 Dual WiFi BT4.2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by vortell3@gmail.com View Post
    Anybody have a link to 2gb version firmware ideally with pie but anything will do since trying to install super su bootlooped the device.
    I found in some "russian" forum a Yadi with firmwares for 2g and 4g.

    I have both x96s (2g and 4G) and tested the firmwares. The 2g worked with android 8.1 and 9.0 firmwares (the 8.1 i think the folders are inverted, the sdcard folder is the usb folder).

    My 2g x96s worked but was somewhat strange and slower with android 9.0, so returned to 8.1.

    The 4G x96S already came with android 9.0 and work nice.

    Here is the link:

    https://yadi.sk/d/2EVIIfVObvrzcQ

    Comment


      #32
      Hi, everytime I try to set a different home launcher, it keeps going back to the default home launcher after restarting the device. Any help with this, thanks!

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by sseng587 View Post
        Hi, everytime I try to set a different home launcher, it keeps going back to the default home launcher after restarting the device. Any help with this, thanks!
        You must delete the stock Pendoo2 launcher from directory '/product/app' and install the '/system/priv-app/Provision/Provision.apk' which the Android 9 - Provision.apk can be found in other Pie ROMs if you decompile the ROMs with AmlogicTools. Provision.apk must have permissions 644 set (rw- r-- r--) with containing folder 'Provision' permissions 755 set (rwx r-x r-x) and located in '/system/priv-app' . The Provision app is what lets you set the different launchers, but in the X96S rom it is missing it and the Pendoo2 launcher has the overriding permissions set to always be loaded on boot or restart. I took the Provision.apk from the Ugoos X2 firmware to correct this problem in my device running Android 9.
        Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 11-16-2019, 02:42. Reason: typo

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

          You must delete the stock Pendoo2 launcher from directory '/product/app' and install the '/system/priv-app/Provision/Provision.apk' which the Android 9 - Provision.apk can be found in other Pie ROMs if you decompile the ROMs with AmlogicTools. Provisioned.apk must have permissions 644 set (rw- r-- r--) with containing folder 'Provision' permissions 755 set (rwx r-x r-x) and located in '/system/priv-app' . The Provision app is what lets you set the different launchers, but in the X96S rom it is missing it and the Pendoo2 launcher has the overriding permissions set to always be loaded on boot or restart. I took the Provision.apk from the Ugoos X2 firmware to correct this problem in my device running Android 9.
          hi, do you have the provision.apk to upload so I can download it, thanks!

          Edit: Nevermind, I got it working! Thanks a lot!
          Last edited by sseng587; 11-11-2019, 03:57.

          Comment


            #35
            I have the same problem on my X96S every-time i try to set the home launcher is goes back to the default. Since i am not sure yet how to do this, is there provision.apk that i could download to make it easier..thanks.....You guys are very smart, and i had given up on changing it.I wanted to use my X96S when i travel so now maybe i can get this fixed..

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by masher17 View Post
              I have the same problem on my X96S every-time i try to set the home launcher is goes back to the default. Since i am not sure yet how to do this, is there provision.apk that i could download to make it easier..thanks.....You guys are very smart, and i had given up on changing it.I wanted to use my X96S when i travel so now maybe i can get this fixed..
              Here's the zip file, unzip http://www.mediafire.com/file/047my5.../Provision.zip. Follow by RiCkLaR_atvX directions. Use Root explorer download it from google playstore to delete Pendoo2 launcher in '/system/priv-app'. Install Provision. apk, and copy the Provision folder to the '/system/priv-app folder. Provisioned.apk must have permissions 644 set (rw- r-- r--) with containing folder 'Provision' permissions 755 set (rwx r-x r-x) and located in '/system/priv-app. Thanks RiCkLaR_atvX

              Comment


                #37
                Hi sseng587, I did not understand well, to change the launcher, could you help me, please.

                1) I tested with Root explorer, deziped the file "Provision.zip", in '/system/priv-app, after install Provision.apk

                2) folder 'Provision' permissions 755 set is rwxr-xr-x, impossible to do (rwx r-x r-x)

                3) In folder 'Provision', Provision.apk must have permissions 644 set (rw- r-- r--).

                Can you, explain to me step by step, thank you in advance for all answers.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

                  You must delete the stock Pendoo2 launcher from directory '/product/app' and install the '/system/priv-app/Provision/Provision.apk' which the Android 9 - Provision.apk can be found in other Pie ROMs if you decompile the ROMs with AmlogicTools. Provision.apk must have permissions 644 set (rw- r-- r--) with containing folder 'Provision' permissions 755 set (rwx r-x r-x) and located in '/system/priv-app' . The Provision app is what lets you set the different launchers, but in the X96S rom it is missing it and the Pendoo2 launcher has the overriding permissions set to always be loaded on boot or restart. I took the Provision.apk from the Ugoos X2 firmware to correct this problem in my device running Android 9.
                  Please can you explain how to elete the stock Pendoo2 launcher from directory '/product/app'

                  because i have tried many time with "Root explorer" and it say Failed because i can't delete system file , i have also installed Super Su but it' didn't help.

                  please explain step by step and us what the Provision app is for .
                  regards

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by acemaxtec View Post
                    LATEST SOFTWARE you can add shortcuts, and with nagivation bar:
                    ACEMAX X96S 4G 32G VERSION SW

                    20190510 with task bar (IMG, with USB Burning tool methord)
                    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-R...S-9GAHoMFchTGq

                    default software (no task bar)
                    https://mega.nz/#!p980DSib!pcsVylB6V...ygwe4K4At26MGo

                    20190510 TF CARD WAY (with task bar)
                    https://drive.google.com/open?id=14O...bmZUXHWKXolIEb
                    HI,

                    Thanks for your good product.

                    Currently on official rom X96S_V311_P20190925.

                    People said that choosing OTA would upgrade to official ‘X96S_V311_P_20191021-2013'.

                    But I chose the OTA,with or without VPN all says no update,your firmware is the most current.

                    Where is this official 'X96S_V311_P_20191021-2013"?

                    Can you upload to mega.nz?

                    thanks very much.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by acemaxtec View Post
                      LATEST SOFTWARE you can add shortcuts, and with nagivation bar:
                      ACEMAX X96S 4G 32G VERSION SW

                      20190510 with task bar (IMG, with USB Burning tool methord)
                      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-R...S-9GAHoMFchTGq

                      default software (no task bar)
                      https://mega.nz/#!p980DSib!pcsVylB6V...ygwe4K4At26MGo

                      20190510 TF CARD WAY (with task bar)
                      https://drive.google.com/open?id=14O...bmZUXHWKXolIEb
                      Can we have the A95x max plus launcher?

                      Navigation,status,mouse spport with leanback style?

                      https://i.imgur.com/eAAshot.png

                      https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...-android/page2

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Hi all,

                        Did anybody tried this new FW? ( Android 9.0 - 06-11-2020 )
                        https://androidpctv.com/firmware-x96...date-recovery/

                        Is there a way to flash stick with .ZIP via USB Burning tool? ...or must do it with TWRP?

                        Thanks in advance for the help!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X