Amlogic USB Tool Troubleshooting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amlogic USB Tool Troubleshooting.

Amlogic USB Burn Tool not recognizing your China Box?

Did USB Burn Tool Work before, but now ..hours of fail??

Amlogic Worldcup Drivers..no longer installed properly???

Windows O.S. (7,8,10) ...Giving grief(I'll leave off on the insults)????
    "USB Control setup error
    "Path not found"
    ..so many others.

Amlogic Burn Tool: https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...ol-v2-1-6.html

I'm sure there are smarter people who can help you..so at your own peril.
    • I've had only success using Amlogic USB Burn Tool v 2.05..17 or 2.06...17(forgetful)
    • Disconnect from internet.
    • Check USB Burn Tool logs...might have a hint to your troubles!
    • Turn off antivirus and firewall if possible.
    • Uninstall USB Burn Tool...in all locations that you may have tried to install.
    • Manually go to these folders and delete files and all folders.( Keep your original install package if staying with same version).
    • Uninstall World cup drivers..you will also need to go into Device Manager -show hidden devices and delete any mention to world cup drivers..
    • Reboot. turn off Antivirus and firewall
    • Check Device Manager again to verify World Cup drivers are gone...also look to USB Hub drivers for any funky type of driver items which might conflict.
    1. Install as Admin Amlogic Burn Tool ..careful..windows will try to install it's own drivers...fine but let the install program finish searching first...If you wait a World Cup driver prompt might pop up shortly also... I tried so many ways...well(forgetful).
    2. Try running USB Burn Tool...not successful..try rebooting and run tool again.
    1. After USB Burn Tool is installed, go into setup folder and find World Cup drivers folder.
    2. Right click and run the that setup as Admin.
    3. Try running USB Burn Tool...not successful..try rebooting and run tool again.
    1. With Windows 8-10, you might have to consider "right clicking" on install package or "World Cup" drivers setup and select "Win 7 compatibility mode".
    2. Try running USB Burn Tool...not successful..try rebooting and run tool again.
    1. Afterwards you can try also install World Cup drivers again via Driver.inf
    2. Remove any USB devices if possible, if keyboard is USB..keep it. My USB mouse caused a conflict with one of my installs.
    3. Try running USB Burn Tool...not successful..try rebooting and run tool again.
    1. You may want to try a different computer USB port than the one you have been using...as a first try...if fail try another port.
    2. If you do not succeed, try rebooting.
    3. Hopefully you have success...if not...check your Device Manager to see if and where the World Cup USB drivers installed.
    4. (Really forgetful)....you might connect your China Box and force Windows to find New Device...choose manual install and select the World Cup drivers from your setup folder.
    5. Try running USB Burn Tool...not successful..try rebooting and run tool again.

Wow look....still another attempt
    • Having done a marvelous job of installing Amlogic USB Burn Tool....with a whole lotta fail..
    1. Run USB Burn Tool and set up your firmware as needed.
    2. Hold in reset button..insert power supply.
    3. Insert USB cable...keep holding reset button.
    4. Does Burn Tool see China Box? >yes press start button..keep holding reset button(?)
    • Does Windows see device and start installing World Cup Drivers?
    1. Let O.S. Finish and hit the start button....(while still holding the reset button?)
    I've run into each of these scenarios...the last comes from doing some firmwares and leaving my laptop in sleep mode for a week...suddenly...Burn Tool Fail and several hours wasted!

*** I'm sure there are better equipped members to provide help***
    P.S I believing in dictating to my cat ..who does his best with his cute fumbly paws!

Last edited by ReaperMan; 12-19-2018, 06:27.

Well more hours wasted. Going from usable to working.
    Amlogic Burn Tool/windows would "beep" but not run without China Box power supply.
    ****Don't Follow these Steps****
    Don't- unless you have a real Win7/10 backup or install disc.
    Don't- unless you're familiar with you Windows folders/files.
    Don't- unless you are familiar with Windows Device Manager
    Don't- unless you are familiar with Windows Registry...really!
    Meh..If you take risks and no reprimands are forthcoming.

1. Unplug your China box ...any wonky USB peripheral also.
    2. Start with an uninstall program (I used I.O. Bit Uninstaller). Uninstall (World Cup) drivers if possible, uninstall Amlogic Burn Tool.
    3. Go to C:/ drive or your previous install location and delete references to Amlogic folders.
    4. Open Device Manager. Show hidden devices.
    5. Find World Cup drivers and uninstall.
    6. Look for any USB label..."Unknown Device" -uninstall
    7. Open Universal Serial Bus Controllers label and look for similar Unknown Device - uninstall.
    8. Open your Windows Registry, (regedit -i f you did not know this **** "you are in, over your head").
    9. Select find and search for - worldcup .
    10. Each and every instance should be deleted (F3 or find next)
    11. World Cup drivers are still in Windows "store archive" which is best to not hack about.
    12. Reboot and open Device Manager, confirming removal of the problem drivers and devices.
    13. Download Amlogic Burn Tool: https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...ol-v2-1-6.html
    14. This V2.1.6 has the World Cup drivers embedded in the install package. Choose a different version if you think it better for your P.C.
    15. Try running Amlogic Burn Tool and setup firmware, then connect China Box...hopefully success!
    16. If success is still out of reach...try to reboot and rerun Amlogic Burn Tool.

Some back story to deciding on this last course of fixing what should not have been broken.....
    ...Plonking through various logs/registry, I had found reference to AMD64(Not my hardware) Worldcup drivers.
    Also...Power saving mode to allow windows to disable USB devices (I deselected this option).

Probably a hidden bad Widows shutdown or startup, restoring the wrong drivers???
    A previous dozen successful flashes...leave laptop in sleep mode for a week...return to ...hours of frustration...
    Currently still using Win10...available ...everywhere...G-Luck.

*If you are still having problems...try steps again with a different Amlogic version.

*You may run System File Checker scan to fix possible windows corrupted files.
    "How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7"
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Comment

Hello!

Trying to write image to my box, but get errors like the image shown, do you know what to do to fix hdcp2 and wildvine 0 status?

best regards
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Not too sure. Did you modify the license folder? Cut and paste that info to an external "temp" folder and try burning your image again?

Comment

1) did flash box with rbox_atv.img with usb burn tool, did only have standard files in license folder.
          2) did open rbox_atv.img in customise tool found on amlogic FTP, did chose only key as customise,
          saved File as rbox_atv_keys.img
          3) did remove all files from usb burn tool license folder, then i did open usb burn tool and loaded rbox_atv_keys.com
          4) in license folder alot of files was created, i did edit them with new mac series, then i did add some more files i found on amlogic FTP and on some forum.
          5) i finaly managed usb burn tool to show hdcp2, but when flashing with hdcp2 enabled i got error hdcp2 not suported.
          6) if i only use hdcp i get write Keys and sucsefull
          7) have not managed to enable widevine 0
          8) there is a tool on amlogic FTP that have someting with signing img file and get some license file that you can put in usb burn tool license folder, dont know of its needed for widevine.

Comment

...I think your problem is at step 2. Customise tool.

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...sion-available Might be a good start.

https://forum.xda-developers.com has a lot of ...devs?

Your next problem is about step 7. Currently Widevine is protecting content using three security standards named L1, L2 & L3.

Widevine-L1 is DRM(burned in CPU/GPU at factory...more secure concept above a MAC address?)

Generaly, Android boxes have Widevine-L3(?). The original ROM would have this as standard.

Guaranteed for your problem...I'm not skillful enough to properly advise you.

Comment

Thanks for the help =)

current widevine status of my box i L3.
              ill read some more ad xda =)

Sometimes perhaps its easier getting a new box that have netflix hd support =)

best regards

Comment

Amlogic USB Burning Tool latest version 3.1.0

https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...ion-3-1-0.html

I think I'm still on v2.1.7.0 **upgrading and trying to downgrade will mess with your system.** If it works don't mess with it!!

Comment

Working...
                X