T95z Plus with android 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T95z Plus with android 9

Hello community. I recently purchased t95z plus with android 9. The only thing that I am trying to fix is bandwith speed. My connection on pc tablet is 39m. The box whe I do a speed test reaches only 7m. I had an idea to down grade to 7.1.2 to no avail. I have read, watched and cannot get the box to "Talk" to pc. Using burning tool...zero. Tried boot card maker.When I install this. I push the button to recovery and choose sd. Cannot Mount d:. I know that it should a very easy process. 3 days and counting. What am I missing. Old age age cant be it.....63. Not stupid.. I guessing a bit bad luck? Anyone can give advise on how I can make the comp see the box.... Oh tried Poison..zero. Stuck with android 9. Or are there any wifi networks tweaks that I might use?

Thanks,

Peter, In Corona Virus Land

Is this the China Box with the newer S905X3 chipset instead of our older(obsolete) s912 chipset?
    Might be a good idea to leave the box....unflashed...until you are sure. You may be flashing a very wrong firmware.

S912
    https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...covery-and-rom

S905x3
    Last edited by ReaperMan; 04-27-2020, 22:32.

Comment

There are tweaks and program, that may hep for WiFi/internet.
      1. Can you try ethernet first to see if your box can get a good download speed/baseline.
      2. Bring the box as close to the router as possible....several inches...and test your WiFi.
      3. Test the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bandwidth, some WiFi chips are very irksome. (2.4 GHz should be slow and strong compared to 5GHz fast and weak)
      4. Check your router settings to make sure the new Mac address is not blocked.
      5. Check what channel your WiFi is connecting and change to prevent any interference.
      6. Tweak routers beacon interval to speed up(heat up and age faster) Rx/ Tx timing.
      7. Turn off all devices attached to the router. Reboot router, wait till fully rebooted and turn on only your China Box, and test WiFi.
      8. You could change you China Box WiFi I.P. from dynamic to static....it helps some people.

There are some apks that may help tweak WiFi packets...not sure if they are valid for Android 9
      Possibly some build.prop tweaks (easy to brick your device).
      Last edited by ReaperMan; 04-27-2020, 23:00.

Comment

Hello ReaperMan. Thanks for your reply. Upon a careful examination, I discovered that the CPU chip is actually an RK3228A. I did find some software and flashed box. However, Lady Luck and I dont get along well.....Result...bricked. Next few days I will tackle this problem. In the mean time, can you suggest a box that the wifi is good. I did those tests that you suggested. My DSL speed at home is 40 meg. Wifi tv box 4 Meg. With ethernet 7 Meg. Also where I need to place, cable lan out of the question. My wife would not like a Cat cable on the floor and attached to walls.

Mean time starting to look on tools to unbrick. Maybe the shorting of the pins? Dont know yet. Downloaded driver, flasher and Poison for RK3228A. Hope I can pull off.. Thanks again.. Peter

Comment

If your ethernet is only 7M, you are right to consider flashing...I would truly consider returning as faulty.
          A good 2.4GHz chip can easily hit near 100M(?) and 5GHz 200M(?) on these China Boxes.

A good box depends on your needs: Cost vs RAM-WiFi-CPU-video/4K etc.

Good???
          Amlogic s922x-h (v.2) expensive.

Nvida Shield (ATV android) expensive (original version had more ports...newer ver., has a"+" following their CPU/GPU).

S912(Obsolete) no future support?
          H96 Pro+ 3/32 ...depending which board revision/manufacturer

I stay away(now) from Rockchip and Allwinner, you won't get long term support..if any. Especially Rockchip, powerful...but lacking follow-through support.

P.S. Your wife is in the right (most are). Ethernet can still be fished through ducts or even go outside(weather shielded cable, drilled, spray-foamed seal) for the room you need.

Comment

Working...
          X