Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to recover Bricked Alfawize H96 Pro+ (ZH01-S912-TVBOX-v2.0) Green

Hello everyone

Recently, while trying to flash different rom, i managed to brick my device.
    Looking around this grate forum (FreakTab) and with the help of two members (gefattern and atboxshop) i managed to bring it back to life and get it up and running like a charm!

So i decided to post here everything i did so if someone else has the same problem can work it out as well.

So first things first ... you will need specific software (at least they worked for me) from a MEGA account.
    I don't know the owner of the account, but i thank him-her for the software and the rom!

- USB Burning Tool v2.1.2.7z
    https://mega.nz/#F!8qhRRaYJ!2ZA3VLjv...TF27g!d3JyiSaA

- H96 Pro+ Firmware (Wisdom) aml_7.1.2_s912_q9377_H96PROPLUS_mac-2017112.7z
    https://mega.nz/#F!8qhRRaYJ!2ZA3VLjv...TF27g!Bqo1FDoQ

1. Install USB Burning Tool v2.1.2
    2. Wait until program installation finishes and also driver installation finishes correctly.
    3. (If Needed) Copy files from license.zip to license directory of burning tool. See below (11) for furthure details
    4. Now the fun part ... your device should be bricked and does nothing when you connect it with usb to your pc! So short circuit the 2 pins shown in the picture.
    5. Keep them shorted and plug the usb to your pc and TvBox. (on TvBox use the usb port that is closest to DC in)
    6. Wait until you hear the magic "ding" from your pc declaring that a new device has been inserted.
    7. As soon as you hear the "ding" release the shorting of the pins and wait until the device has been properly recognized and drivers have been installed.
    8. Remove the usb plug from your TvBox, wait for 5 secs.
    9. Repeat steps 4-5-6 and 7 (don’t wait as above because the device is already installed).
    10. Open USB Burning Tool and click File -> Import Image -> navigate to the folder that you have unzipped the firmware .img file
    11. After the image has been inserted to USB Burning Tool, you will see if you need to copy the license files or not. If it says "mac 0" or nothing, you will probably need to copy them. If it says "mac 856" or so it is ok. But anyway you can test it either way and if it needs the license files, the rom download with fail with error message "license file invalid or missing" or something like that. All you have to do is repeat the process with the license files copied.
    12. Now the USB Burning Tool settings that worked for me is ...
    - Erase Flash -> Checked
    - Force erase all
    - Erase bootloader -> Checked
    - Press Start Button and ...pray
    13. If everything goes well, after 4 minutes or so the job will be done, you will see a 100% complete and green info that it has succeeded.
    14. IMPORTANT : after completion DO NOT press stop button on USB Burning Tool. Instead UNPLUG the usb from your TvBox and then stop and close USB Burning Tool.
    15. First boot should take from 2-5 minutes so be patient and don't get nervous.

This method is only for BRICKED - DEAD ZH01-S912-TVBOX-v2.0 Green Board TvBoxes. Do not use it on other devices or for normal updates - upgrades !!!
    Use it at YOUR OWN RISK, although i dought you can do more damage that already has been done!!!

Good luck and if this proved helpfull for yoy, please just let me know.
    Attached Files
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

What worked for my Banggood H96 Pro plus box to unbrick it. First - it says on the back of the green board in the box CZ-S32-V2.2/ 3+32/9377 DDR3. I was trying to update the firmware with the burncard method connected to the TV with HDMI and reset button and power connect like I'd done many times before with one of the Tanix 8 Max roms (well it had worked before), only not this time and it bricked hard. Nothing was working to put life back into the box with either different roms with burncard method or that USB burning tool method (what disastrous software that is). My box did have the front blue light and back red one on when I plugged the power in and something I had read said that if that was the case I should be able to get the box resurrected. Then I saw this segment on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUfKNNgxb9E

So, I moved back to my TV with my sdcard done by burn card maker with this rom - aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_KDMC_mac-20171129_Shonk.img. I don't remember which pin combo tripped the wonderful pic of the android robot on screen (first time in over 2 months that I saw anything visual from my H96) with the UPGRADING below it (I had the power in, the reset button activated, and of course the HDMI plugged in when I was routing around for the the correct pin combo)(I was not looking at the screen because those tiny pins required my attention but the sound caused me to look up at the screen). As soon as I saw the little robot I pulled the paper clip from the box and let it run on it's own to completion. A check mark came on the little robot and I pulled the power and put it back in and it took off with that H96 Pro + splash screen and finished the set up. To finish - it's seems like a wonderful rom so far. Wifi works great and I have not run into any problems so far after 2 days - it is faster than my Nexbox A1 2gb/16gb s912. Did I miss anything? Just ask. Note - after it's back to up and running again you can then switch to whatever firmware you like.
    Last edited by McGiles; 06-13-2018, 23:16.

Comment

Hey there mates. I have a hard bricked wisdom h96 pro+ and I can't find the pins I need to sort. I would really appreciate your help:

Comment

Originally posted by NTAHS View Post
        Hey there mates. I have a hard bricked wisdom h96 pro+ and I can't find the pins I need to sort. I would really appreciate your help:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/81GbbzKBSe5xCLKn6
        See the photo in the first post :

If that pair dont work for u, try other pairs of pins

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I have already seen this post but my board is different and these pins near the SD card are missing. Could you mark some possible pins on my photo?
          I am grateful.

Comment

Solved:
            So apparently there is a new firmware for H96 Pro+ LP signed as aml_s912_7.1_H96PROPLUS_mac_LP_20191115 listed on h96tvbox site. So far I have downloaded and flashed it last night - but that would be it. Please note I did not use USB Tool, nor Card method - I unpacked it in AMLogic Tools (ver.4), threw out garbage apps, added

Comment

Working...
            X