Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clarkss12
    replied
    I have not had a lock up at all on Magendanz's latest firmware mod. Temp running Kodi is still hitting the 200 degree F mark, but don't see any ill effects??

Leave a comment:

• Doktor-X
    replied
    ok so i have created sd card with M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20171127.165619.V0928.img file and with tool Burn_Card_Maker after that i have run reboot update command on terminal emulator and have updated to that latest firrmware so my question is, how is that this rom is so different then original 09.18 20170918 and that no chrome is installed on it

ok so if i'm not mistaken
    .img firmware is for update using Burn Card Maker
    .zip for update using original recovery or twrp

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    Yeah, but my current workaround is to just leave the device fully powered on, and that wastes considerably more power.

• trebor
    replied
    Sleep can be good but for a long time with a power supplies that MAY be well....If its off its off,
    Maybe need to improve Booting times of these boxes,
    Sleep wastes power...no matter how small.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    BTW, I hear that a new OEM firmware update is imminent that "fixes" the wake from sleep issue...by removing the sleep function altogether. Am I the only one that thinks this is lame?

Leave a comment:

Thanks again, Ronnie! :-)

My latest Nexus ROMs for M8S Pro L, however, are based on that last 20171127.165619.V0928 OEM firmware release. Please let me know if you have any more lock-ups with it. Despite all the new issues VideoStrong introduced in their efforts to move to the Leanback Launcher, I'm hoping that they fixed that problem.

• clarkss12
    replied
    I was able to update to the latest official update from Nov. 27, by trying again by wiping both items from the include UPDATE app. It was a horrible update, Bluetooth did not work, and NO Chrome browser. Tried to down grade to the Nov. 11 update (which I was running on my "L" box that I killed), but it would not down grade. Was late, I was tired, so did not want to go to the hassle of forcing an update to the November 11, update.

Anyway, installed the latest update from Magendanz, and it smokes the stock firmware from Videostrong. Coffee on it's way to Magendanz..

Leave a comment:

If you get a lockup that you can consistently reproduce, it would be great if you can upgrade to the 20171127.165619.V0928 OEM firmware release and see if that fixes the problem.

• clarkss12
    replied
    I just received my M8S Pro L today and running heat test. I tried to install the firmware linked by Nitro82, but it fails. I am running the stock firmware "7.1.1 NHG 47L 20170918.11557.V0619. Been running some heat test before I install the update, but my box has locked up a couple of times already. I will keep testing for lock ups and heat issues, at this time I don't think the lockups are from excessive heat buildup.

Leave a comment:

Already done: http://freaktab.org/6201e2e4a99a9887

Note that the archive site has a ton of old uploads. When it doubt, search here: http://freaktab.org/3~f

• Lux
    replied
    thanks for the Fix.
    but that isnĀ“t the version i needed.
    i need the Version of 18.09.2017! Before the Leanbacklauncher was included in Firmware.
    Can you make a fix to donwgrade to this Version?M8S_PRO_L-ota-20170918.111557.V0619

Anyone has a working solution for APV? Every APK i tried,no one get the Video playing.
    Last edited by Lux; 12-05-2017, 15:53.

Leave a comment:

• Syfer
    replied
    I was looking for the official MECOOL M8S PRO L app store as i want to install in on my emulator also.

Leave a comment:

Have you checked out OpenGApps? They've got a TVStock variant that includes the Google Play Store for Android TV (Tubesky).

The OEM OTA updates won't let you downgrade, but I "fixed" this one so that it will (and so that it will also install from TWRP): http://freaktab.org/79ac73e6048c21d9

• Syfer
    replied
    I have one question were do i get tv play store apk from? Can some send me this apk from the MECOOL M8S PRO L?????????????? I need the tv play store, not the usual android play store. Can some help me?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X