X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nitro82
    replied
    Originally posted by tombraga View Post

so you could not install this rom? you contacted Videostrong already?
    I know this problem appears only when updating from TWRP, with stock updater shouldn't be a problem.

But I'm not sure, maybe someone with stock firmware could confirm this.

Leave a comment:

• tombraga
    replied
    Originally posted by nitro82 View Post
    Flash via TWRP failed:

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo5832565365085940649.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	689871

Now I remember that is a bug of the OEM's update script.

We have to wait for a fix.
    so you could not install this rom? you contacted Videostrong already?

Leave a comment:

• nitro82
    replied
    Flash via TWRP failed:

Name:	photo5832565365085940649.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	689871

Now I remember that is a bug of the OEM's update script.

We have to wait for a fix.

Leave a comment:

• nitro82
    replied
    Originally posted by tombraga View Post

you make the update with ota to this new rom? or hãve you already installed the rom of Guest ?
    I have already installed Magendanz's rom and I'll update via TWRP to this one to test it. I'll reinstall Magendanz's version when it will be available.

Leave a comment:

• tombraga
    replied
    There is a new firmware update:

Filename: M8S_PRO_L-ota-20171127.165619.V0928

URL: https://mega.nz/#F!uZFCxaLK!8xhrgRBGBObYPFakC-0X4A

Source: email from VideoStrong
    you make the update with ota to this new rom? or hãve you already installed the rom of Guest ?

Leave a comment:

• tombraga
    replied

Guest can you check, if this rom has already the new bootloader concerning the boot to recovery and connect usb ota to pc (automatically detection of laptop)?
    And if the issue wake from standby is also resolved with this new rom?

Leave a comment:

• nitro82
    replied

Leave a comment:

• P.X
    replied
    Originally posted by P.X View Post
    Hi,

Had to use Terminal (reboot recovery) to Update from OEM V0619 as the stupid UPDATE App just switched Off each time and never installed ??

New V0928 is running no cooler than OEM V0619

New V0928 has no APP Drawer, like a great Magendanz ATV ROM has, so I have had to install SideLoad Launcher and that is not as neat to my mind !

Some useful (and not so useful) apps now have Leanback Icons (DRM etc.) but I liked to have my least used apps hidden in the drawer - Now they sit in the long line all the time !! I think I would have to uninstall them and reinstall the old pre-ATV versions if I could be bothered ...

I def. prefer the Magendanz implementation of ATV.

OEM also missing the Double-Click HOME function to get a Recent App Switcher thingy !

Name:	Screenshot_20171115-105304-M8SProL-V09xx.png
Views:	390
Size:	346.9 KB
ID:	685797
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    No, for the burn package you need to use Amlogic USB Burning Tool or BootcardMaker. Only the OTA updates (.zip file) can be used for local updates using the Update app.

My Nexus custom ROMs for this box do come with the latest TWRP Recovery, though. You'll get it with the OTA update (which can be installed from the Update app) or with the burn package.

• tombraga
    replied
    Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    Here's the burn package (.img file) for the latest release: M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20171109.180937.V0928.img

Without a reset switch, it's considerably easier now to use the OTA update, but you'll find this useful if you ever need to recover the box after a bad flash.
    that means, i copy now this img-file on my sc card or usb-stick and open the update file which comes with the orginal box-rom and flash this new img-file?
    and then i have TWRP recovery installed afterwards?

i did not have yet my box, but want to be informed before, thanks

Leave a comment:

• dopus
    replied
    Ill try the v0928 img file. For some reason one of the files from ota vertion keeps giving my crc check error, and will not install. Redownloaded the ota zip files around 5 times, get the same crc error in the same file every time. X my fingers and hope the img update method will work

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Here's the burn package (.img file) for the latest release: M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20171109.180937.V0928.img

Without a reset switch, it's considerably easier now to use the OTA update, but you'll find this useful if you ever need to recover the box after a bad flash.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Just FYI, I was able to recover my original bricked M8S Pro L using Mask ROM mode and this .img file posted by geekbuying : http://geekbuying.mediafire.com/file...1557.V0619.img

Checking with DRMInfo, both the Widevine L1 and HDCP 1.x keys were intact after the recovery. (We had some concerns that the hard eMMC reset might wipe those, but it seems those concerns were unfounded.)

NOTE: This .img file is for 20170918.111557.V0619 OEM firmware, but I'm uploading 20171109.180937.V0928 now.

Leave a comment:

• dopus
    replied
    the new v0928 keep giving my crc error in winrar and will not install from recovery...whay is the download corrupted. I read that other people in this thread have managed to install it.

Leave a comment:

• P.X
    replied
    Hi,

Had to use Terminal (reboot recovery) to Update from OEM V0619 as the stupid UPDATE App just switched Off each time and never installed ??

New V0928 is running no cooler than OEM V0619

New V0928 has no APP Drawer, like a great Magendanz ATV ROM has, so I have had to install SideLoad Launcher and that is not as neat to my mind !

Some useful (and not so useful) apps now have Leanback Icons (DRM etc.) but I liked to have my least used apps hidden in the drawer - Now they sit in the long line all the time !! I think I would have to uninstall them and reinstall the old pre-ATV versions if I could be bothered ...

I def. prefer the Magendanz implementation of ATV.

OEM also missing the Double-Click HOME function to get a Recent App Switcher thingy !
    Last edited by P.X; 11-14-2017, 17:30.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X