• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gfantom7
    replied
    The one I bought from gearbest is 7.1 android nougat

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    Are you asking for a Nano or Stock (non-ATV) variant of my Nexus custom ROMs for the M8S Pro L? (Those are available for the M8S Pro, but I haven't yet created them for the M8S Pro L.)

• clarkss12
    replied
    Originally posted by gfantom7 View Post
    I would like to ask if I can install the proper 7.1 android nougat version to the Mecool m8s pro L android tv version. If yes I would apriciate some small details.
    I am sorry in advance if you find my question stupid, I have ignorance about this matter. Thanks..
    Does't it come with Android 7.1, already??

Leave a comment:

• gfantom7
    replied
    I would like to ask if I can install the proper 7.1 android nougat version to the Mecool m8s pro L android tv version. If yes I would apriciate some small details.
    I am sorry in advance if you find my question stupid, I have ignorance about this matter. Thanks..

Leave a comment:

• Spastro
    replied
    So does that mean the new m8s pro l has this?
    I'm waiting for mine to arrive

Leave a comment:

• wrxtasy
    replied
    All AMLogic Nougat 7.x Firmware should now come with IEC61937 Audio support which is what Kodi Krypton and SPMC 16.7.x uses for HD Audio passthrough.

LibreELEC Kodi Krypton does auto everything both Audio and Video wise and is superior for local media playback vs anything else.

Leave a comment:

• Spastro
    replied
    Oh I see!
    has this box got the same issues as other s912 boxes with surround sound and pass through?

Leave a comment:

• Dope101
    replied
    Originally posted by Spastro View Post
    Where can I find more on libreelec.
    is it just used as kodifork ? Or am I totally off track?
    Its Kodi on its own OS, usually installed on a USB or SD card,
    It boots from an SD card or USB and leaves the Android Rom untouched.

Leave a comment:

• Spastro
    replied
    Where can I find more on libreelec.
    is it just used as kodifork ? Or am I totally off track?

Leave a comment:

Thanks for that! I'll split this off into its own topic, then.

Last edited by Guest; 10-08-2017, 00:29.

• Dope101
    replied
    Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    So, if you want to live on the bleeding edge, here's the M8S Pro L version of the Nexus TVStock custom ROM that I just released for the M8S Pro:

update_M8S_PRO_L-V0619_TVStock-20171001.zip

It's also based on this 20170918.111557.V0619 OEM firmware for the M8S Pro L, but it has the original OEM bootloader. It *should* work, but I still don't have my own M8S Pro L hardware to verify.
    this certainly works on the M8S pro L
    TWRP also loads, Thank you
    just have to reload LibreElec somehow as Ive lost the boot process when changing to this rom.

edit: ended up using the terminal command reboot update to reload LibreElec again.
    Last edited by Dope101; 10-08-2017, 03:26.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    So, if you want to live on the bleeding edge, here's the M8S Pro L version of the Nexus TVStock custom ROM that I just released for the M8S Pro:

update_M8S_PRO_L-V0619_TVStock-20171001.zip

It's also based on this 20170918.111557.V0619 OEM firmware for the M8S Pro L, but it has the original OEM bootloader. It *should* work, but I still don't have my own M8S Pro L hardware to verify.

Leave a comment:

• Dope101
    replied
    just recieved this box and its shipped with this firmware
    dont think I need a TV rom, as its got the TV version of google play already.
    thanks for the firmware link, atleast i can try LibreElec with a backup option if it all goes Kaput.

Leave a comment:

Yes. The ROMs I released yesterday for M8S Pro and M8S Pro+ is proof of that, but I just don't have an M8S Pro L yet. (Two are on their way, one from GearBest and another from GeekBuying.)

However, because of the way they've locked things down a bit more, you may not get TWRP custom recovery or root. I'm still working on that.

• alesul
    replied
    So Dear Magendanz
    Do you think will have an full android Rom Nexus type in the future period for this device based on this firmware or future will come? It is now the only device in the market with L1 with normal specs,so many people ordered and have hopes to be base player in home!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X