Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OTA UPDATE Stock ] 20171103 MECOOL M8S PRO AMLOGIC S912 ANDROID 7.1 TV BOX FIRMWARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any updates on this ??
    Fun,Learning and Mutual Respect ......Its Good to Share

Comment

Originally posted by shaft65 View Post
      Hi guys.

Flashed the new .img yesterday. Not to my liking so I soon flashed back

In this build, the Android bar at the bottom is no more and I couldn't see any way of recovering it in Settings. Also there is a new version of Play Store that couldn't find my VPN app, or Gmail, so no good for me. Am I missing something? Or has anyone else found this with the new build?

No big deal as I like to tinker and get more flashing experience
      Sir this is my first post.. Yesterday I flashed Nexus rome to mecool m8s pro. Now i want to back to stock...but twrp is not working....Two times I was able to boot in to recovery and restored successfully. But mecool stucked in boot logo.Please help me if you can. I use it lot for browsing mainly. Status bar is must for me.

Comment

Hi bichitrax.
        Sorry I have only just seen your post. If you have not fixed your issue yet, I would ask Magendanz. He is far more experienced than I am and I cannot really remember what I did right now!

Comment

hi
          i tried to update MY M8S PRO and i got the following message
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Hi, I'm running stock and get an error 7 message. This occurs when trying to using the OTA tool with the stock recovery and when booting TWRP 3.0.2.0 from microsd. The log file is as follows:

Installing zip file '/sdcard/Download/M8S_PRO-ota-20171030.162112.V0619-fixed.zip'
            Checking for MD5 file...
            Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
            I:Zip does not contain SELinux file_contexts file in its root.
            I:Legacy property environment initialized.

*** Install Amlogic firmware update ***

*** Install Amlogic firmware update ***- Confirming target device...

- Confirming target device...
            Found: M8S PRO, M8S PRO-userdebug 7.1.1 NMF26Q 20170519.102643.V0321
            Found: M8S PRO, M8S PRO-userdebug 7.1.1 NMF26Q 20170519.102643.V0321
            script aborted: E3004: This update package is intended only for the M8S Pro.
            E3004: This update package is intended only for the M8S Pro.
            E:unknown command [log]
            Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
            I:Legacy property environment disabled.
            Error installing zip file '/sdcard/Download/M8S_PRO-ota-20171030.162112.V0619-fixed.zip'

Comment

is this new firmware or not ?

Hey guys, Glad to share the firmware for MECOOL M8S PRO 3GB/32GB and 2GB/16GB TV Box PC Flash Firmware Flash guide, please refer to: https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2016/02/20/android-tv-boxes-flash-tutorials-tool/ Have fun! Aug 22, 2018sharon What’s your Reaction? +1 0 +1 0 +1 0 +1 0 Facebook Twitter Email

Comment

Good find paiktaras69. I'm just downloading it now. Did it flash okay?

Comment

Originally posted by shaft65
                  Good find paiktaras69. I'm just downloading it now. Did it flash okay?
                  Ι don't know how. I have twrp recovery and root via sure. Can I flashing from twrp?

sent from my 1+3T

Comment

I would not flash it unless you understand Cantonese! :-) I could not get it off of these screens: Maybe Magendanz or somebody else can figure out how to use it.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180902_193449.jpg Views:	1 Size:	109.2 KB ID:	743100 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180902_193522.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	743253
                    Last edited by shaft65; 09-03-2018, 23:45.

Comment

is this new ota firmware or not ?

M8S_PRO-ota-20180806.105401.V0213.zip

https://4pda.ru/forum/lofiversion/in...1161-5140.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	ota.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	743448
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by wish; 09-05-2018, 01:39.

Comment

Originally posted by petecox View Post
                        Hi, I'm running stock and get an error 7 message. This occurs when trying to using the OTA tool with the stock recovery and when booting TWRP 3.0.2.0 from microsd.
                        A followup: The firmware shipped with the device (off **** Australia) had M8S PRO_XGO as the name. I edited this using a buildprop editor to remove underscore XGO. I then flashed the Nexus ROM via OTA.

(In case anyone else has the _XGO firmware!)

Comment

I want to know if it is possible to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk and if so which is the most correct way ? For example ......this tutorial it is safe ? https://www.androidexplained.com/switch-supersu-magisk/

Comment

you know what helps the following zip ? (post 5368 ) https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...811161&st=5360

Comment

What is the correct ROM for the M8S pro L version LS?

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                                As Found

Glad to share the firmware for MECOOL M8S PRO TV Box

OTA Update Firmware

File Name: M8S_PRO-ota-20171030.162112.V0619

Source: blog.geekbuying
                                anyone with L version box tried? will it fix the wifi & bt problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X