New Mecool M8S Pro L (LB) with normal remote (no BT voice) firmware needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mecool M8S Pro L (LB) with normal remote (no BT voice) firmware needed

My mecool box LB version came with M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.115110.V0213 (atv firmware with mecool leanback launcher and with normal remote, no the BT voice version). After I flashed (using many times, both usb burning tool and burn card maker methods ) at first the M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.143701.V0213.img and later the M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180417.150752.V0213.img, (bypassing the BT remote pairing request with my smartphone) both of them, seems absolutely no compatible (even same ver. V0213) with my box having a lot of issues/problems ( Freezing many times during boot, in settings menu, and even in main screen). Additionally BT - WIFI disconnecting very often and reboot required. My box with Stock firmware, worked without issues - problems and was quite stable, especially after cooling fan modding (temps 32º - 45º C).

Tried a lot of other roms (from previous v.0928 (LQ boxes) like nano nexus, tvstock nexus,
    SCV1-2 atv roms, knowing that my wifi-BT (Broadcom) chipset will not work /support my box, without result (box freezes, stuck on boot screen, restart randomly) except the M8S_PRO_L-V0928_TVStock-20180109 img rom (even the updated M8S_PRO-V0928_TVStock-20180310 crashes/freezes). For now I use this rom (
    V0928_TVStock-20180109) which is the only which works without issues except
    wifi-BT (not working), connecting to net via ethernet.

Because of the lack of supporting with firmwares these boxes, I can't find my stock (M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.115110.V0213) nowhere in the net to flash it again. If someome has exactly the same version of this firmware and can upload the stock img or system restore/ backup of this rom, I' ll appreciated a lot. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Giannis; 08-29-2018, 21:04.

I did a TWRP backup of my Box - Original firmware - 20180316.115110.V0213 Sent you a PM to download and attempt to recover. Let me know if it works.

Cheers

Comment

AtomG, thank you very much for your help and the time you spent to backup - upload your system back up for me. Your TWRP backup works fine and restored my box to the stock firmware. After restore followed restart in factory default settings and my system now works without issues, as day one. Thank you again, for your valuable help, saved me from continuous searching in the net for my stock img rom. For your information only the M8S_PRO_L-V0928_TVStock-20180109 custom rom worked without issues with this box (except wifi/bt chipset which not supported).
      Last edited by Giannis; 08-28-2018, 09:53.

Comment

AtomG, any chance you can sent me the same firmware ?

Comment

dragon138 - PM Sent.

Comment

Hello, AtomG. Could you send me the 20180316.115110.V0213 please? Thank you so much!

Comment

I need it too pleaase!

Comment

Hi stants and SnowLeopard.
                In the following DropBox link is a full twrp backup from the original
                20180316.115110.V0213 Mecool M8s Pro L (LB) firmware (LB boxes with normal remote). You can flash it via twrp recovery (restore).
                https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pjfmzzckv...V0213.zip?dl=0
                Tell me if it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Giannis View Post
                  20180316.115110.V0213 Mecool M8s Pro L (LB) firmware (LB boxes with normal remote). You can flash it via twrp recovery (restore).

Tell me if it works.
                  it worked perfectly!

Thanks for your help
                  Last edited by stants; 07-22-2018, 22:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Giannis View Post
                    Tell me if it works.
                    Thank you very much!

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Are there any custom firmware for LB version with normal remote?

Comment

How do you bypass the BT remote pairing with your phone?

Comment

Originally posted by Geekstuff4fun
                          How do you bypass the BT remote pairing with your phone?
                          Nevermind I figured it out myself

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Geekstuff4fun View Post
                            Nevermind I figured it out myself

Perhaps you can give a tutorial on how you achieved that solution...... thanks.
                            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I wish I could, in summary what I did was to pair my cellphone using Bluetooth and then manipulate my device with Android Tv remote app, remote pair screen immediately moved forward once I paired my phone and used ATV remote app.
                              Originally posted by clarkss12

Perhaps you can give a tutorial on how you achieved that solution...... thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X