No announcement yet.

New Mecool M8S Pro L (LB) with normal remote (no BT voice) firmware needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do someone has a new firmware compatible to Mecool M8S_(LB) PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.115110.V0213? with no issues, i want to update my device to stock img rom ATV version. if their is please give me a copy. thank you

Comment

Originally posted by tigasaeng View Post
      do someone has a new firmware compatible to Mecool M8S_(LB) PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.115110.V0213? with no issues, i want to update my device to stock img rom ATV version. if their is please give me a copy. thank you
      You can download it from the freaktab download folder.install using usb burning tool.

Comment

Originally posted by tigasaeng View Post
        Read my #1 post carefully. For now there isn't any other (stock or custom) firmware available with ATV firmware available for LB boxes with normal remote (no BT version). The other two V.0213 ATV firmware's is for LB boxes with BT voice remote and aren't compatible with your box.

Comment

Thank you for your replies Supermal and Giannis for my query.

Comment

Originally posted by Giannis View Post

Read my #1 post carefully. For now there isn't any other (stock or custom) firmware available with ATV firmware available for LB boxes with normal remote (no BT version). The other two V.0213 ATV firmware's is for LB boxes with BT voice remote and aren't compatible with your box.
            There is only one stock firmware for LB version boxes.so it must be compatible.the fact that you are having issues with your box may be due to hardware defects on your box.firmware should be ok for other users.

Comment

Originally posted by supermal View Post

There is only one stock firmware for LB version boxes.so it must be compatible.the fact that you are having issues with your box may be due to hardware defects on your box.firmware should be ok for other users.

No. There are two different stock firmware's for LB boxes:

1. 20180316.115110.V0213 stock rom for LB boxes with normal remote, ATV version and with mecool leanback launcher. (no ota update yet) -[It's my box]

2. 20180316.143701.V0213 stock rom for LB boxes with BT voice remote, ATV version with android tv leanback launcher (ota update 20180417.150752.V0213)

I agree with you. Both of stock roms might be compatible with LB boxes (as same ver. 0213) independently if they came with normal or BT voice remote. But unfortunately this don't happen.
              The same issues as post #1 with me, had and a friend of mine with same box, when he tried to flash the 20180316.143701.V0213 stock ATV rom. (Finally he recovered his box with mine twrp backup of stock rom 20180316.115110.V0213).

I don't know if it happens the opposite because I haven't the BT version to test it. ( if someone with LB box with BT voice remote try to flash the 20180316.115110.V0213 stock rom will have similar issues?).
              Last edited by Giannis; 08-29-2018, 21:07.

Comment

No. There are two different stock firmware's for LB boxes:

1. 20180316.115110.V0213 stock rom for LB boxes with normal remote, no ATV version and with mecool launcher. (no ota update yet) -[It's my box]

2. 20180316.143701.V0213 stock rom for LB boxes with BT voice remote, ATV version (ota update 20180417.150752.V0213)

I agree with you. Both of stock roms might be compatible with LB boxes (as same ver. 0213) independently if they came with normal or BT voice remote. But unfortunately this don't happen.
                The same issues as post #1 with me, had and a friend of mine with same box, when he tried to flash the 20180316.143701.V0213 stock ATV rom. (Finally he recovered his box with mine twrp backup of stock rom 20180316.115110.V0213).

I don't know if it happens the opposite because I haven't the BT version to test it. ( if someone with LB box with BT voice remote try to flash the 20180316.115110.V0213 stock rom will have similar issues?).
                Thank you for explaining things a bit clearer for me.l have LB box with bt voice remote.i may be wrong here but I think you must use the matching remote for whichever firmware you install on the box.otherwise it seems to result in issues.dont know why mecool have made things so confusing for owners.i was annoyed to receive a LB variant after I had done my research and ordered box not knowing they changed the wi-fi module without making it known.could you give me a link to the firmware on your box I might try it.
                Last edited by supermal; 08-20-2018, 08:50.

Comment

Thank you for explaining things a bit clearer for me.l have LB box with bt voice remote.i may be wrong here but I think you must use the matching remote for whichever firmware you install on the box.otherwise it seems to result in issues.dont know why mecool have made things so confusing for owners.i was annoyed to receive a LB variant after I had done my research and ordered box not knowing they changed the wi-fi module without making it known.could you give me a link to the firmware on your box I might try it.
                  Hi supermall. I believe mecool / videostrong, for some unknown reason,don't want owners of different versions of LB boxes (normal - BT voice remote) use other stock rom versions (with mecool launcher or leanback launcher) than the boxes had factory flashed, make them "some way" no compatible, even same ver. 0213.
                  Additionally I think its a "big foul" to the futured owners the change without warning of the wifi-BT chipset to Broadcom 4335, so we cant use any custom rom without losing the wifi-BT functionality.

Now about my stock rom. Because of the lack of support firmwares for mecool boxes, there is nowhere in the net (until now) the img 20180316.115110.V0213 stock rom. But in the following link is a full twrp backup from the original 20180316.115110.V0213 firmware, so if you want to try it you can flash it via twrp recovery (restore).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/67ogptuag8...ackup.zip?dl=0
                  Last edited by Giannis; 08-21-2018, 09:54.

Comment

Hi supermall. I believe mecool / videostrong, for some unknown reason,don't want owners of different versions of LB boxes (normal - BT voice remote) use other stock rom versions (with mecool launcher or leanback launcher) than the boxes had factory flashed, make them "some way" no compatible, even same ver. 0213.
                    Additionally I think its a "big foul" to the futured owners the change without warning of the wifi-BT chipset to Broadcom 4335, so we cant use any custom rom without losing the wifi-BT functionality.

Now about my stock rom. Because of the lack of support firmwares for mecool boxes, there is nowhere in the net (until now) the img 20180316.115110.V0213 stock rom. But in the following link is a full twrp backup from the original 20180316.115110.V0213 firmware, so if you want to try it you can flash it via twrp recovery (restore).

Thank you for twrp backup rom.apparantly there is a new ota update for LB variant.dated 20180803.173707.yet to be confirmed.

Comment

https://cavutw.bn.files.1drv.com/y4m4xFtbDXZu0VlNA3GdxPYNWBXf5Fapnv0LpWoO97Z9 here is a zip file i believe is the original stock rom for non android tv version with normal remote.try it at your own risk or check before using.hope it helps.

Comment

https://cavutw.bn.files.1drv.com/y4m4xFtbDXZu0VlNA3GdxPYNWBXf5Fapnv0LpWoO97Z9 here is a zip file i believe is the original stock rom for non android tv version with normal remote.try it at your own risk or check before using.hope it helps.
                        Thanks a lot supermall for your info. I've already download this rom from the following link but as I saw in comments geekbying don't know what is "LB version". So without trying to flash, we can't confirm that is for older mecool boxes or LB version (normal or BT voice remote versions).
                        http://blog.geekbuying.com/2018/08/m...date-20180316/

For now I use my stock rom 20180316.115110.V0213 with some changes according my personal preferences:

a. Change the Launcher. Installed NOVA launcher apk and at the same time I removed (with root uninstaller apk) the mecool leanback launcher and the leanback recommendations apks, because I didn't like the light white mecool launcher and I prefer an "android feeling with icons" . Additionally I added (via nova apk settings) two shortcuts to the main screen, for recent applications and for notification bar, for easy access.

b. Uninstall possible bitcoin miners / "suspicious" system apks with no obvious use. I uninstalled, with root uninstaller apk, the following six suspicious system apk from stock rom: BCenter, BMgmt, BService, BUpdate, TCBBOOT, Mgmtsupport. After the uninstallation of these apks the behavior of the box has an overall improvement. ( More responsiveness and fast, better performance in 3d games, "zero" wifi - bt disconnects, lower cpu load in idle and finally the android tv youtube apk freezes issues suddenly disappeared).

c..Uninstall other system apks useless for me (like "tv center" , installing latest kodi version).

After these changes I made a twrp backup, of this stable state of the rom, for use to recover in the future.

Comment

Hello, the link did not work for me. Could you punch in the dropbox? I want to restore my box.

Comment

Hi stants and SnowLeopard.
                            In the following DropBox link is a full twrp backup from the original
                            20180316.115110.V0213 Mecool M8s Pro L (LB) firmware (LB boxes with normal remote). You can flash it via twrp recovery (restore).
                            https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pjfmzzckv...V0213.zip?dl=0
                            Tell me if it works.
                            Please,
                            Hello Friend, Can you re-archive this file as it is no longer available?

Comment

Originally posted by rapht1 View Post

Please,
                              Hello Friend, Can you re-archive this file as it is no longer available?
                              Hi rapht1.

In the following link is a full twrp backup from the original rom. Try flash it via twrp recovery (restore). (Download it - unzip - put the folder in a stick or sd card - boot to twrp recovery - select restore).

Comment

Hi rapht1.

In the following link is a full twrp backup from the original rom. Try flash it via twrp recovery (restore). (Download it - unzip - put the folder in a stick or sd card - boot to twrp recovery - select restore).

Hello, function. Thanks.
                                My box is the LB version, I installed the stock rom TV, however, as everyone said, wi-fi and BT stopped working.
                                I came back to this version and everything was ok.
                                Will one day we have to rom the TV to our LB box?

Comment

Working...
                                X