Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro LB Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installed the nano variant and most things are working, however, there are two things that are causing problems

1. on youtube the audio is badly out of sync, the sound is behind the video
    2. I'm getting apps freezing and the only way to fix it is to pull the plug. I use an air mouse (it works flawlessly on another android box) to navigate Play store, dragging up will occasionally freeze the box

any suggestions appreciated

edit:

I turned off bluetooth and the audio sync seems to have gone away. Has anyone else seen this? BTW, I have wifi off and use ethernet only

I'm also having problems with a number of tv apps, some don't like root so I unrooted using cleanupSU,zip and installed magisk. I've used these apps on a tablet with magisk root and they work fine. Now on this rom, the apps don't complain about root, but still don't work. I'm not sure if it's a drm thing or remnants of root preventing them functioning
    Last edited by tricke; 03-05-2019, 21:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
      Guest Does the LB version have any advantages, or disadvantages, over the other version of the hardware?
      Just checked. I have the LS version. Does this version have an interior wireless chipsets?
      Which thread should I follow for this box?

Comment

Originally posted by Mis3 View Post

Just checked. I have the LS version. Does this version have an interior wireless chipsets?
        Which thread should I follow for this box?
        Better you tag Guest in your post, to be sure you get the correct answer.

Well , I've done it for you now

Comment

Excellent job and nano works great. I installed the OTA update following the youtube video
          youtube.com/watch?v=pK3N3PalWFM
          because I couldn't figure out how to use the burning tool (are there step-by-step instructions anywhere?). I wiped data and media but it still left some files behind like Kodi addons, but it was a new install, only had it a couple of days.

This really saved my bacon. I need a box running Magisk and Xposed modules, particularly the ReceiverStop module to get around HDMI blocking by cable apps, but the module just wouldn't work on the stock Android TV rom. Works fine on the nano, and the only issue is the voice remote.

Though I must say I can't see why you'd want to install a Nexus rom on the LB unless you have a problem like mine. Android TV that comes with the box is very zippy and the remote works well. Better off buying an older, cheaper L model if you want a Nexus rom. I wish I had, or another brand altogether. The wifi on 2.4ghz sucks, and Bluetooth makes it worse, but if you turn off Bluetooth then the remote is less responsive and only works if you point it directly at the box. And booting to TWRP is a nightmare, took 20 goes, though I probably had the wrong q20x flle.

Comment

Guest is there anything that could be done re the remote problems on the Roms on the lb ?

Comment

Originally posted by pwalsh2014 View Post
              Guest is there anything that could be done re the remote problems on the Roms on the lb ?
              What remote problem do you have? I bought an H1 infra-red remote and I can't turn the TV box on. I need to use a Bluetooth remote to turn it on and then I turn to the H1 remote for the rest.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lux aeterna View Post
                What remote problem do you have? I bought an H1 infra-red remote and I can't turn the TV box on. I need to use a Bluetooth remote to turn it on and then I turn to the H1 remote for the rest.

the one that sepa mention i loaded the android tv version atm and the remote is not very responsive and needs to be pointed straight at it where as with the older versions on the pro l the remote works whereever you point it using the roms

Comment

Originally posted by pwalsh2014 View Post

the one that sepa mention i loaded the android tv version atm and the remote is not very responsive and needs to be pointed straight at it where as with the older versions on the pro l the remote works whereever you point it using the roms
                  Do you have a Bluetooth remote? There used to be a battery issue with my Bluetooth remote.
                  I've got android tv too

Comment

Originally posted by lux aeterna View Post
                    Do you have a Bluetooth remote? There used to be a battery issue with my Bluetooth remote.
                    I've got android tv too

no havnt a bluetooth remote - have the app on my phone i use an odd time but would much prefer to use the standard remote - if nothing can be sortedi may have to try and short it and go back to original firmware - not really wanting to start doing that

Comment

Guys what's the difference between this Rom and the stock tv version Rom?
                      Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This is "regular" Android, not Android TV. It's basically what you'd get on a Nexus tablet. It's not really ideal for TV viewing, but you can at least run Netflix.

Thanks for your reply..
                      I installed it a few hours ago and everything is working prefect!
                      A lot smaller than the original firmware by miles

Thanks for your hard work

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey, we guarantee satisfaction or your money back! :-)

Thanks my friend!

Just a little off topic but which build would you guys recommend for kodi 18 ?

Thanks all

Comment

Hi guys
                        I need a little help from you. I have M8S PRO LB with bluetioth and remote with voice. But I really dont like ATV firware, which I get in it by default and I prefere non ATV firmware. I find one version and put it in my M8S by OTA and it was better, had Chrome but still ATV version. Cant find any non-ATV firmware even without voice remote. Does non-ATV firmware even exist for my TV box?

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Is that a trick question? This custom ROM for the M8S PRO LB is non-ATV. (The ATV version is TVStock.)

Megandanz,

it was not trick question, I'm just confuse with all roms I can find, with more then one version. I'm not familiar with all that expressions used in descriptions. I download version update_M8S_PRO_LB-V0213_TVStock-20190227, put it in my M8S by OTA and everything past excelent. I can see Chrome now in in ( which I didnn't had before and that is good), but still have stupid ATV look of YouTube and Google Play with just some aplications ( not all like regular Google Play).
                        So, you say if I download ROM from first post in this thread that will be it?

Thank you

EDIT:
                        It just click to me, tell me if I'm right: I download right version before, but stock version. Right one is same rom but in name of it must be written NANO, right?

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nano is minimal install and Stock has more Google apps (corresponding to Stock variant of OpenGApps). Both are regular Android (non-ATV), like you'd get with a Nexus tablet.

Thank you very much, that was info I needed. I install Nano version and it works perfect to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X