No announcement yet.

Tanix T8 Max Latest Firmware Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My TX8 max arrived today with the last firmware and has old launcher. Can someone put a file with the new launcher?

Comment

@ neutester - So did you check "erase_boot loader" or no? I too have seen mixed messages about this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotdog View Post
        @ neutester - So did you check "erase_boot loader" or no? I too have seen mixed messages about this subject.
        I unchecked it and could not be more satisfied with this build.

Comment

Hello there,

I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but can someone please post the Tanix T8 firmware for us to download and try on our H96 Pro Plus boxes? I have a 2/16gb box, will it work with that?

Thanks!
          -Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Eloquence View Post
            Hello there,

I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but can someone please post the Tanix T8 firmware for us to download and try on our H96 Pro Plus boxes? I have a 2/16gb box, will it work with that?

Thanks!
            -Marcus
            This is where I found the link to download it from. There are two versions depending on the type of wireless chip you have. I removed the case on my box to determine which chip I had and it was printed on a label inside. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...r-beta-testing

Comment

Originally posted by neutester View Post

This is where I found the link to download it from. There are two versions depending on the type of wireless chip you have. I removed the case on my box to determine which chip I had and it was printed on a label inside. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...r-beta-testing
              Thanks dude! That's super helpful :-) I know that mine is the 9377 version as I opened up my box too. I just hope it works with 2/16GB version as all I see is 3GB/16 or 32GB version....sigh. Also, thanks to your other posts I know to uncheck "erase-bootloader" with the SD card maker tool.

Big thanks!!

Comment

neutester - Thank you Sir. That's what I suspected but wanted some feedback. Ive flashed multiple Android 6 FWs but Nougat seems to be giving my H96 Pro+ box a hard time.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotdog View Post
                  neutester - Thank you Sir. That's what I suspected but wanted some feedback. Ive flashed multiple Android 6 FWs but Nougat seems to be giving my H96 Pro+ box a hard time.
                  Scotdog
                  How did you flash BACK to Android 6 on H96Pro Plus? I cannot get it to work for the life of me. Did you hook up to your PC or did you use SDCardMaker? If you used the maker, how did you set up the options so that it would overwrite properly?

Thanks!
                  =Marcus

Comment

Howdy Eloquence, I use both tools. I prefer the SD card method cuz I can never find my freakin USB cable. My problem is the opposite. My box prefers Android 6 FWs and I'm stuck there. Whenever I try to load a Nougat FW, I get stuck @ 2%. I'll figure it out but I haven't yet. I saw Superceleron mention to someone in another thread it might be a Hardware problem. I bet Scooter has some ideas how to bounce back and forth between firmware versions.

Comment

So gentleman... I have to report - this ROM is AMAZING. I really love it! A couple of little hiccups keep it from being the greatest thing to load on my box (2gb/16gb H96PROPLUS):

1) The power function - Anytime you hit power on your remote, it doesn't go to sleep. It shuts down entirely. This is bad because you can't restart the device by pressing the power on your remote. You literally have to unplug and replug the cord in the back. That sucks.

2) Even though I got it to sleep, or shut off the screen for any long length of time, it shuts down. Does anyone know of an app that can keep the ROM asleep without it going OFF completely?

3) The launcher is great! I love it, but one small caveat again keeps it from greatness...and it goes back to POWER. When the device goes off, it RESETS on bootup! Sigh. So all your favourites and setup get tossed out the window on each shutdown! I have not found a way to make this persistent. Any suggestions guys?

Otherwise, it's FANTASTIC. Stable, fluid, the WiFi isn't as fast, but it's good enough for my uses, and the Netflix app worked for me out of the box (but thanks Scooter for the other Netflix.apk that you included in the review).

I can't go back to Android 6.0, so I went forward with Tanix! If I can fix those few niggles, THIS will be my go to ROM for this box! It also runs a little hotter than stock, but my Mod keeps things cool around 38C while idle and 44C under load (my stock 7.1.1 was around 35C idle and never got hotter than 41C under load)

Shoot me any questions if you have them and I'd be glad to answer.

Thanks!
                      -Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Eloquence View Post
                        So gentleman... I have to report - this ROM is AMAZING. I really love it! A couple of little hiccups keep it from being the greatest thing to load on my box (2gb/16gb H96PROPLUS):

1) The power function - Anytime you hit power on your remote, it doesn't go to sleep. It shuts down entirely. This is bad because you can't restart the device by pressing the power on your remote. You literally have to unplug and replug the cord in the back. That sucks.

2) Even though I got it to sleep, or shut off the screen for any long length of time, it shuts down. Does anyone know of an app that can keep the ROM asleep without it going OFF completely?

3) The launcher is great! I love it, but one small caveat again keeps it from greatness...and it goes back to POWER. When the device goes off, it RESETS on bootup! Sigh. So all your favourites and setup get tossed out the window on each shutdown! I have not found a way to make this persistent. Any suggestions guys?

Otherwise, it's FANTASTIC. Stable, fluid, the WiFi isn't as fast, but it's good enough for my uses, and the Netflix app worked for me out of the box (but thanks Scooter for the other Netflix.apk that you included in the review).

I can't go back to Android 6.0, so I went forward with Tanix! If I can fix those few niggles, THIS will be my go to ROM for this box! It also runs a little hotter than stock, but my Mod keeps things cool around 38C while idle and 44C under load (my stock 7.1.1 was around 35C idle and never got hotter than 41C under load)

Shoot me any questions if you have them and I'd be glad to answer.

Thanks!
                        -Marcus
                        I agree that the power off doesn't go to sleep, BUT I don't remember my original firmware doing it either. I could be wrong. My power on with the remote works flawlessly and not a problem here. Just an fyi with my experience. john

Comment

Originally posted by neutester View Post

I agree that the power off doesn't go to sleep, BUT I don't remember my original firmware doing it either. I could be wrong. My power on with the remote works flawlessly and not a problem here. Just an fyi with my experience. john
                          Are you using the original remote that came with your H96Pro+? I am using an MX3 based air-remote that plugs into USB via dongle. If that goes off, so goes my remote control

When I used the stock roms (Please keep in mind that I CAN'T use Superceleron's SCV3 Beta ROM because of 2gb/16gb hardware), the power on/off button on my remote used to put to sleep and wake from sleep instantly. If I go to the SETTINGS and change what the power key does, it will not stick when I leave settings. Just something to be aware of for those who want to try this ROM on their H96 Pro + boxes!

-Marcus

Comment

• scooter2014
                            scooter2014 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yours is not a pro plus model so yes it wont work. Look at G1 software or alf standard.

Does anyone know when will 7.1.2 be released for Tanix T8 and if it'll be available by OTA (upgrade from 6.1)? Thanks.

Comment

Latest review was of 7.1.2
                            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Best for s10 and h96 models is Supercelerons new firmware in both Atv and standard. His is super fast now cool and works based on this release.
                              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X