Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ath156
    replied
    For those who prefer ATV versions (personally I prefer AOSP) here are 2 ATV roms of ugoos ports (clean ports):

ATV 0.4.2 https://mega.nz/file/890FVIIA#uid9wE...AFpejq4Owl8KUs

ATV 0.4.1 https://mega.nz/file/g88EhbRY#gXNZBG...V3kWELt9MCbokY

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied
    Temperature at the front screen in ugoos port:

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied
    Originally posted by MErlin1122 View Post
    Hi after reading 31 pages of posts I joined so I could ask what you guys decided the best ROM for this box is? I see the last post is almost a year old. If you could please let me know what you all think the best ROM is for the X88 King. Did the PlayStore problem get fixed? Most of the links in this thread are dead and the one good one I found wants me to download a Russian app to be able to download any ROMS and that app wants too much personal info for me to chance it. Could someone post good links for the newest best recommended ROMS for the X88 King? Thanks
    There is also the "clean" port of Ugoos from XVortex version 0.4.2. That is the one I use for the past months. https://mega.nz/folder/8thB1QCQ#yIATRE6iNBRZEODzbC2BFg
    Slimbox also has a version based on Ugoos (just find it at the previous link by raruba - click 2 places to right to get "ugslimtv" AOSP/Pie or ATV), but it is not a "clean" one as XVortex's.

If you use ANY port of Ugoos (either from Slimbox or from XVortex or anyone else) you can use my way of displaying the temperature (and othe options) at the front screen !!!
    Actually this is valid for ANY TVbox with a port of Ugoos !! https://forum.freaktab.com/node/827684#post827684
    Last edited by ath156; 03-23-2022, 07:35.

Leave a comment:

• raruba
    replied
    Originally posted by MErlin1122 View Post
    Hi after reading 31 pages of posts I joined so I could ask what you guys decided the best ROM for this box is? I see the last post is almost a year old. If you could please let me know what you all think the best ROM is for the X88 King. Did the PlayStore problem get fixed? Most of the links in this thread are dead and the one good one I found wants me to download a Russian app to be able to download any ROMS and that app wants too much personal info for me to chance it. Could someone post good links for the newest best recommended ROMS for the X88 King? Thanks
    Use the Slimbox v15.1, I have 3 of these boxes and it works great....I use the pie version. https://slimboxtv.ru/x88-king/

Leave a comment:

• MErlin1122
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ramoncio
    replied
    Originally posted by ramoncio View Post
    That didn't help, but I finally got it unbricked, thanks to mAtvXk and the picture he uploaded here:

I was trying to install magisk on my X88 King but ended up bricking my box. I booted into twrp and flashed the magisk_patched.img to boot. It failed to boot and was stuck on X88 logo for a long time so I pulled out the power cable. Now it won't even boot from sd card using pinhole method, it isn't detected in UBT as well. Any

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• greenstone
    replied
    Whelp just ran into a problem I didn't see happen before using the app tubi basically its giving me DRM errors on some movies/shows.
    Normally works well without issues can watch anime and most movies.
    So I was looking for a work-around but nothing seems to fix it.

I used magisk to switch the box ident to something else (currently its identing as a samsung tab) but didn't change anything.
    Any ideas on how to fix the tubi issue would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• ramoncio
    replied
    Ok, I found it.

Leave a comment:

• ramoncio
    replied
    Hello,
    I bricked my black X88 King trying to install a 4.9 kernel ubuntu (for the khadas vim 3, I think) into the emmc, I guess u-boot got wiped with the emmc install script.
    When power is applied, the white led light blinks for some milliseconds and turns off, no hdmi output, but the board is on, as optical output red light is on.
    I have tried SD Card recovery and it does nothing.
    USB burning tool doesn't detect the device, Windows 10 doesn't even make a "hardware deteced" sound.
    Does anybody know how to locate JTAG or UART, if they are available in this box?
    Maybe I could try to short pins in the emmc and get into mask mode? I can't even locate the emmc chip, maybe it's under the heatsink.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• kos25k
    replied
    Hello.Still trying to find a solution for my HDMI to work.(No signal) Does anyone know about boot card maker and a file called uboot.bin and how i can find it?

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied
    If you have problems passing SafetyNet with Magisk have a look here:
    [ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic S905X3) This mod is based on the Malay mod v1.2 . You can download the Malay mod (starts in Russian) from here : https://yadi.sk/d/GWW_dL7anKvorA The Malay mod is based on the original for HK1 X3 u219.HK1_BOX_1000M_9.0.2020.01.13.12.35

Leave a comment:

• raruba
    replied
    Originally posted by greenstone View Post
    I am using the xvortex 0.4.0 rom now - since the slimbox has problems - was able to get magisk to work - took a bit to figure it out.

Things I noticed: Disney+ and HBOmax have constant audio problems when you restart the box.
    (To fix you have to fiddle with the audio settings and restart the apps many times until they seem to catch.)

The external clock works but only shows military time (24 hour clock) - even when set to 12 hour time on the gui.

With magisk on you need to make sure that all the apps you want root for are selected in magisk some apps won't get picked up automatically by it.
    (For example Happy Patcher won't get root. I had to give it root manually. I used it to uninstall a server that was installed with the rom.)

I am also noticing that now its giving me an error when I try to check safety net with Magisk, says SafetyNet API Error.
    (Had to download SafetyNet Test from the playstore to check - still is good.)

If Slimbox ever gets magisk installed with it and fixes its clock issues I will switch back to it.
    Yeah I agree, seems like slimbox fixes a few things and then things that worked before don't work anymore. I'm using Xvortex .0.4.0 also.

Leave a comment:

• greenstone
    replied
    I am using the xvortex 0.4.0 rom now - since the slimbox has problems - was able to get magisk to work - took a bit to figure it out.

Things I noticed: Disney+ and HBOmax have constant audio problems when you restart the box.
    (To fix you have to fiddle with the audio settings and restart the apps many times until they seem to catch.)

The external clock works but only shows military time (24 hour clock) - even when set to 12 hour time on the gui.

With magisk on you need to make sure that all the apps you want root for are selected in magisk some apps won't get picked up automatically by it.
    (For example Happy Patcher won't get root. I had to give it root manually. I used it to uninstall a server that was installed with the rom.)

I am also noticing that now its giving me an error when I try to check safety net with Magisk, says SafetyNet API Error.
    (Had to download SafetyNet Test from the playstore to check - still is good.)

If Slimbox ever gets magisk installed with it and fixes its clock issues I will switch back to it.

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    commented on 's reply
    Xvortex 0.4 is pirated Ugoos AM6 firmware.
    Users can get into trouble for sharing links to it or creating such mods.

• ath156
    replied
    Originally posted by Porkie View Post
    I am using Xvortex 0.4, and I have no real problems, but I have noticed the light on top of the box no longer works. Is this happpening to anybody else? I actually prefer for the light to not work, just wondering if it was caused by the firmware. I think the top cover lighting up is useless, so I would prefer it did not work, just making sure it is meant to not work and is not a problem caused by something I did or by bad hardware.
    Obviously you have the Black version of X88. And Yes the top light is not working in this version. And Yes most users are OK with it (some also find this light bothering!!!). You have done nothing wrong

Leave a comment:

Working...
X