Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried using a different air mouse (or similar) with this firmware ? I've tried using my trusty MX3 but none of the keys work. I've checked the logs and used an app that shows me the system *is* getting the correct scancodes, but it's not mapping them to keycodes. I've created the proper exact keylayout file and even tried removing all other kl files except the generic (which has most of the keys correctly mapped). I know that IR code mapping has changed but I thought that kl files were still being utilized.?

Comment

Hello,
      You might try an app called button mapper that might help you out. Also so you know, there is some more kl files located in the vendor partition too.
      Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Please make an update open gl

Comment

this version of for the Gt1 Ultimate S / N 912G

BEST REGARDS

Comment

Originally posted by Lo_Kiroga View Post
            this version of for the Gt1 Ultimate S / N 912G

BEST REGARDS
            Please read entire first post and you'll see I made another ROM for older Android boxes.
            Here is a link down below.
            Thank you,

Alvatech

Link:
            [ROM] Beelink GT1 Standard & Ultimate Android (7.1.2) ALVATECH (Both 6255 & 9377) This is a nice clean ROM with some tweaks, GUI cleanup, Mods and some changes of the original GT1 ROM for both Standard & Ultimate TV Boxes. I've always been a fan of Minix boxes so I pulled some components from the ROM and put

Comment

Hello, I'm getting parse errors from img file. GT1_ULT_710N1_AT_V3B
              Have tried downloading twice and get the same error from card burning tool and 3 vers of the usb.
              Looks OK and unzips ok, just funny both tools have same error.
              Using win 10, Any ideas ?

Comment

Originally posted by cdicky View Post
                Hello, I'm getting parse errors from img file. GT1_ULT_710N1_AT_V3B
                Have tried downloading twice and get the same error from card burning tool and 3 vers of the usb.
                Looks OK and unzips ok, just funny both tools have same error.
                Using win 10, Any ideas ?
                Hello,
                I have downloaded it just now from link on first post. I extracted it loaded it into USB Burning Tool, and I didn't receive any errors.
                Please try to download again or use a different browser to download.
                Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

OK thanks. Well I tried again a few more times, then read somewhere the chinese progs dont like windows 10.
                  So I searched found and used this.
                  HTML Code:
                  https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/opensource-amlogic-tools-rebuild-revamped-customization-tool/725956-08-03-2019-amlogic-tools-6-0-0-a-new-milestone-donate-version-available
                  Seemed to work OK, put the card in. held reset in while putting power plug in and .... nothing!
                  Front light on but Black screen.

Been like this over 20 mins now. Should something be happening ?

Comment

OK thanks. Well I tried again a few more times, then read somewhere the chinese progs dont like windows 10.
                    So I searched found and used this.
                    HTML Code:
                    https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/opensource-amlogic-tools-rebuild-revamped-customization-tool/725956-08-03-2019-amlogic-tools-6-0-0-a-new-milestone-donate-version-available
                    Seemed to work OK, put the card in. held reset in while putting power plug in and .... nothing!
                    Front light on but Black screen.

Been like this over 20 mins now. Should something be happening ?
                    I've been using Windows 10 without any issues, and also different computers with Win10. Make sure you format your SD-Card (FAT32) and also make sure the size isn't too big for the box. I would try 32GB and under in size. If not use a different computer if you have access to one. Use links from tutorials in the first post with link per application. Once done properly you should see an Android logo with a progress bar running at the bottom. Should not be a black screen, so something is not right. The way you explained is the proper way to do it.
                    Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Just my luck. But I had to try. Even though quite new it was unusable with dreadful wifi issues. I read this thread and many others to be sure.
                      And yes did ensure was the correct version.

Although some like the sd burn info page are a bit vague.
                      Like I did wonder if file needs renaming or box needed to get into recovery 1st etc.
                      But even fter a few hours now still no change. Having tea now so it can wait.
                      But there was no responce or anything, no boot loader, no little android like you get on phones - nothing. Just black.

Not having had this issue yourself, would you know whether I should find a stock image to try and recover it, or just keep trying with your one.
                      SD was 8gb btw

Comment

Just my luck. But I had to try. Even though quite new it was unusable with dreadful wifi issues. I read this thread and many others to be sure.
                        And yes did ensure was the correct version.

Although some like the sd burn info page are a bit vague.
                        Like I did wonder if file needs renaming or box needed to get into recovery 1st etc.
                        But even fter a few hours now still no change. Having tea now so it can wait.
                        But there was no responce or anything, no boot loader, no little android like you get on phones - nothing. Just black.

Not having had this issue yourself, would you know whether I should find a stock image to try and recover it, or just keep trying with your one.
                        SD was 8gb btw
                        I would try stock first just to make sure it works and you're not having any other issues trying to flash ROM. Once you got the flashing part down then try custom ROM.
                        There should be something on screen almost instantly after it boots up with SD-Card. I put a link below that should help. You may also find videos on youtube on how to use SD-Card method.
                        Thank you,

Alvatech

Link:
                        https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...509#post785509

Comment

Thank you.

Spent a few hours on this now and 'sort of' understand why never worked. My pc (microsoft win 10) is shite.
                          I just dont know how you developers play and make this stuff that works.

I didnt realise but the burn card maker hadnt actually finished. Exact description described by shipwrecked about 11th post here
                          HTML Code:
                          https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/others-aml-s912/700577-why-is-it-that-this-forum-keeps-recommending-the-use-of-amlogic-s-burning-tool-when-there-s-a-more-reliable-safe-method
                          But dont no why it corrupted box, should have just ignored it.But tried many times now on several cards - same issue??

Anyway, have tried amlogic card tool and usb tool. Also tried similar card and usb alternative progs I linked to earlier. Both card burn tools freeze at the end, and I'm assuming, dont complete the cards properly. (Even though they look like they do) and both the usb flash progs dont see box, so cant flash that way.
                          Ive also now tried couple other different roms / images for this box but they wont even load. -Parse error still.
                          So I dont know what the hell is going on. All I can say is fkin chinese crap. Hope they never get near our phone networks cos that will be crap as well.

Comment

OOH, quick update. Just had box connected using amlogicburning tool v.1.2.8 happy wedding - jeez!!

Anyway its asking for 'import upgrade file' and I dont have one. Has to be zip format??
                            Have tried your one from download before unpacking but it says please check progress controll file, and doesnt do anything. Any ideas what upgrade file might be.

Edit
                            OK sorry for this, re reading guys post, its another part of his package, called customisation tool. Hadnt tried it as didnt need it.
                            Just wondering how I can get it to accept your rom.
                            I'll keep reading. Sorry for all the hassle.

Comment

OK after reading hundreds of posts and threads now to resolve this I'm still not much wiser and definitly more confused.

However SUCCESS !
                              What worked? I'll tell you, forget reading the hundreds of posts, help videos, armchair expert opinions.
                              Forget card method, what a pita.

Use the Am logic usb prog. load the img file, PRESS START 1ST, then plug usb into box. (Forget pressing reset either) Thats it.
                              Last edited by cdicky; 05-22-2020, 14:29.

Comment

OK after reading hundreds of posts and threads now to resolve this I'm still not much wiser and definitly more confused.

However SUCCESS !
                                What worked? I'll tell you, forget reading the hundreds of posts, help videos, armchair expert opinions.
                                Forget card method, what a pita.

Use the Am logic usb prog. load the img file, PRESS START 1ST, then plug usb into box. (Forget pressing reset either) Thats it.
                                Hello,
                                Recommended way is USB Burning Tool. But I think your got interrupted midway at one point during flash and this is why it wouldn't work for you.
                                But I"m glad you got it up and going.
                                Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Working...
                                X