[ROM] Beelink GT1 Ultimate Nano & TVStock (Android TV) Nexus ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minonano View Post
    Hi guys, I am screwed, just received today my ultimate, ser # G912, wanted to install this rom, but without usb cable, i had to use the OTA method, then it stopped with error. Tried rebooting, but froze on Beelink logo, so I decided to use the sd card burn to convert the rom 311MO to sd, tried to reboot from sd card, then nothing, no picture, no logo, nothng, please help. Thanks
    Unfortunately, I'm in the same situation after I tried to flash the GT1_311M0 firmware posted on the Beelink forum. I haven't been able to revive the box yet.

Comment

Thanks Magendanz, I will wait for more info. The sad thing is I waited so long for that box and only used it for one hour. I guess that is why it's called testing.
      Also are you getting any video?

Comment

Also are you getting any video?
        Just a black screen after trying to revert back to GT1_311M0. Like you, I was seeing occasional hangs with GT1_312M0, but at least it was generally working. Since no obvious errors were being recorded in the logs, I assumed it was a low-level problem with the 312M0 kernel.

Comment

You could try opening the box and hook up serial console.
          open the for example putty software and check the log.
          also one you get the UART to work you could hold space when biotin the unit cinect the box to PC. When in uboot type update this will force the upgrade mode and you could upgrade using .IMG and burn tool on PC.
          ​​​​
          Everything is possible if we work together!
          ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
            You could try opening the box and hook up serial console.
            open the for example putty software and check the log.
            also one you get the UART to work you could hold space when biotin the unit cinect the box to PC. When in uboot type update this will force the upgrade mode and you could upgrade using .IMG and burn tool on PC.
            ​​​​
            Appreciate your help, but any instructions in doing what you are suggesting? Please remember I am not a developer like you guys, or maybe Magendanz can follow your guide and advice a newbie like me.

Comment

Any one else with same problem?, please help. Thanks
              I am hoping that Magendanz will figure something out with Beelink's help

Comment

Magendanz, any luck with your bricked box? Please reply

Comment

Magendanz, any luck with your bricked box? Please reply
                  Nope, I think mine's toast. I don't even get the LED when attaching the USB cable any longer.

Comment

If a factory firmware flash is what bricked the box, would Beelink replace the product under its warranty? It probably won't be a quick process as Magendanz is in the USA and Beelink is in China but maybe it's worth considering.

Comment

I still get the led, maybe because I did not shorten the alternate 2 pins. How about some reply from Beelink.

Comment

Originally posted by GNex5 View Post
                        If a factory firmware flash is what bricked the box, would Beelink replace the product under its warranty? It probably won't be a quick process as Magendanz is in the USA and Beelink is in China but maybe it's worth considering.
                        I agree, any suggestions in how to proceed?

Comment

I feel bad because this is the first piece of hardware that had been donated to me by GearBest for custom ROM development. Generally, I take much better care of my hardware, and this is the first box I hadn't been able to revive after being "bricked" by a bad ROM flash. The irony is that it was the official Beelink 311M0 ROM posted on their forum that caused the blank screen on boot. Reverting back from the 312M0 build was just a troubleshooting effort on my part to work around the occasional hangs we were seeing, and it seems likely the newer hardware was incompatible with that release.

Usually this would be no big deal, and I'd short two pins to enter Mask ROM Mode and be back up and running in a few minutes, but the FBGA package makes shorting pins much more difficult and you can't just reference the pinout for the eMMC chip. (With ball grid arrays, all pins are sandwiched between the chip and the PCB.)

At least I got one release completed before hitting all stop, but I'd really hoped to do more.

Comment

The user operations guide booklet that comes in the box has Beelink's contact information on the back of it. I don't know about about their level of customer service but I guess it wouldn't hurt to email or call them about this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                              I feel bad because this is the first piece of hardware that had been donated to me by GearBest for custom ROM development. Generally, I take much better care of my hardware, and this is the first box I hadn't been able to revive after being "bricked" by a bad ROM flash. The irony is that it was the official Beelink 311M0 ROM posted on their forum that caused the blank screen on boot. Reverting back from the 312M0 build was just a troubleshooting effort on my part to work around the occasional hangs we were seeing, and it seems likely the newer hardware was incompatible with that release.

Usually this would be no big deal, and I'd short two pins to enter Mask ROM Mode and be back up and running in a few minutes, but the FBGA package makes shorting pins much more difficult and you can't just reference the pinout for the eMMC chip. (With ball grid arrays, all pins are sandwiched between the chip and the PCB.)

At least I got one release completed before hitting all stop, but I'd really hoped to do more.
                              As a fan of your work, I also feel bad about this situation and even more so if the GT1 Ultimate short pins forum post that I linked to may have done more harm than good to your device. If you do end up with a working unit in your hands again, is maintaining a custom ROM for it practical given the internal hardware differences that you posted about here and on Beelink's forum?

Comment

Magendanz as a ROM developer do have any contact info with anyone at Beelink? Or maybe Gearbest might have a pull with Bee link.

Comment

Working...
                                X