Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just need a working ROM...

Hey guys,

I think I've exhausted all help/support options from Beelink so I'm hoping you guys can help?

I basically just want a working GT1 box, like my Mini MXIII II, which just works... my only real issue is the infamous "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped." I've tried everything; downgrading, upgrading, factory resets etc. I've used GP Stop Tool and now the Amlogic Tool, same dev, all to no avail. I even just tried to use the 113M0 rom but that just gave me an error after the first reboot.

I don't have a male to male USB atm so the burn tool method is out of the equation, for now anyway.

Help!

Thanks.

my patch rom doesn't have that issue, you just need to be on 7.1.2 (704NO or 705NO) its also installed without burn tool
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ndard-ultimate

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post
      my patch rom doesn't have that issue, you just need to be on 7.1.2 (704NO or 705NO) its also installed without burn tool
      http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ndard-ultimate
      Thanks, just tried the 705N from the Beelink link and I get an Android error straight after restart... these errors wouldn't be anything to do with me using a 2gb SD would they?! If it is, I'll pick up a larger one tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by slipd View Post

Thanks, just tried the 705N from the Beelink link and I get an Android error straight after restart... these errors wouldn't be anything to do with me using a 2gb SD would they?! If it is, I'll pick up a larger one tomorrow
        Yes try a different micro sd card. ideally class 10. I have one card that causes thouse problems, and another works fine with the same image..

I find no roms are optimised well for external drivers. especially hard drives. Perhaps its more a "android thing"..

Comment

GP Stop Tool and now the Amlogic Tool should work but sometimes only after turning off.
          I'm trying to find the perfect solution.

Comment

Originally posted by smrtprjcts View Post
            GP Stop Tool and now the Amlogic Tool should work but sometimes only after turning off.
            I'm trying to find the perfect solution.
            Both are great apps, thanks! GP Stop did work for me earlier in the year and then something must have updated and I started seeing the error again... Now when I turn my box on I get the error automatically and just have to close it four or five times until it disappears, the Play Store is unusable during this time unless I clear the data/cache, and then I'm good for the session.

Will try a different SD later

Comment

Both are great apps, thanks! GP Stop did work for me earlier in the year and then something must have updated and I started seeing the error again... Now when I turn my box on I get the error automatically and just have to close it four or five times until it disappears, the Play Store is unusable during this time unless I clear the data/cache, and then I'm good for the session.

Will try a different SD later
              I also noticed this nowadays but I don't have idea what the root cause of that. The apk is replaced correctly but have errors... Maybe cache but not that we could clear. I'm not enough familiar with android System working.. but I hope i'll find out

Comment

I also noticed this nowadays but I don't have idea what the root cause of that. The apk is replaced correctly but have errors... Maybe cache but not that we could clear. I'm not enough familiar with android System working.. but I hope i'll find out
                its because incorrect gapps are used by beelink, mainly GooglePlayServices (PrebuiltGmsCore.apk) and GoogleServicesFramework.apk

Comment

its because incorrect gapps are used by beelink, mainly GooglePlayServices (PrebuiltGmsCore.apk) and GoogleServicesFramework.apk
                  My apps worked correctly for a long time. Should the above apps be also updated with play now?
                  That causes the problem? That would be strange.

Comment

My apps worked correctly for a long time. Should the above apps be also updated with play now?
                    That causes the problem? That would be strange.
                    (gapps aka Google apps)

I'm talking from right back to 6.0, wouldn't know if its still like that in recant releases from beelink as I use my own ATV build
                    and never had this issue as I use correct gapps for the configuration

Not really strange as the play store relies on GooglePlayServices as do most google apps. if that's not working or incompatible play store will keep crashing

Gapps in 705 firmware are mostly all outdated wrong versions as well.. they using 7.0 variants for api24 should be using the 7.1.x gapps which are for api25

Comment

Please don't tell me my issues could have been solved by simply installing, manually, those x2 .apk's?!

Comment

What is Beelink like with exFat? I have class 10 64/128gb sd cards and both give errors when trying to update the firmware...

Comment

Please don't tell me my issues could have been solved by simply installing, manually, those x2 .apk's?!
                          Flashing the right gapps package would yes

Comment

Flashing the right gapps package would yes
                            Any links to said package?

Comment

Any links to said package?
                              this
                              http://www.lineageosrom.com/2016/12/...ge-os-all.html

Comment

Working...
                              X