No announcement yet.

Touchscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds like your MK808 has a touch screen defined that is smaller than your actual display.

Comment

Originally posted by d1dd1 View Post

In general you need a ROM with kernel 3.10 or higher with usb mulitouch HID enabled.
      I will check which driver is loaded and report back.

Devices I know with kernel 3.10 are S802 boxes and iMX6 devices.
      But Hanspree itself offers a RK3188 box [FONT=Open Sans]SNNPB71B with touch support. So it could be possible.

Hi d1dd1,
      Did you mean that the fix (e.g. http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.ph...tart=80#p35246) for multitouch HID has been incorporated into Kernel 3.10 for Android? I am looking for a stick that could work with my Hannspree HT231. So far, i found the Rikomagic V5 with the kernel 3.10. Do you know of any other sticks?
      Thanks a lot

Comment

I would not recommend a stick if you want care-free. Reason being that I am using my HT231 with MK908III stick with touchscreen support added (GiantTablet.blogspot.com). The stick tends to overheat (I am running it at 1.4GHz, no overclock). When running certain high demanding games, it will reboot after 30 min or so. A box form factor will give you much better cooling as it can afford a bigger heatsink. Also, the WiFi on my stick is also very weak.

Comment

Have you used UTC controller from car solutions with air mouse plugged in? Does this interfere?

Comment

Hi i was thinking can this also be done with a small 7" screen and then be used to build in to the car so the box will be used as a infocenter/gps and so on ?

Comment

Sorry to dig up an old thread... I have a Acer T232HL and a T95x box... was wondering if anyone has a similar setup working or any advice on what to try. im pretty new to the android thing so no idea about building kernals etc. (yet)

Comment

Sad to see that there has been no activity for 2 years. I remember back then, several TV box running newer Android (Lollipop+) have native support for my Acer HT231. I would not be surprised if it comes with other touchscreen dirver too.

BTW, I am back here to work on another project - turn my 49" TV into touchscreen. Hopefully, it will be simpler then last time.

Comment

Yes but, but now it is easier.
                  The new AML Boxes can easily handle Touchscreens.
                  Just compile the ko module and that's it.
                  Now you can Support the most common Touchscreens.

Neomode

Comment

I got the touch frame and put it up on TV. Turns out my existing MK809III works just fine! I've updated my blog (GiantTablet.blogspot.com) with my experience.

I've already ordered an RK3288 based TV box. Hopefully it will work fine as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mongkok View Post
                      I got the touch frame and put it up on TV. Turns out my existing MK809III works just fine! I've updated my blog (GiantTablet.blogspot.com) with my experience.

I've already ordered an RK3288 based TV box. Hopefully it will work fine as well.
                      Hi ,

RK3288 is already old , small Info , good luck / gefattern

Comment

My mistake. It should be RK3328.

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                          Yes but, but now it is easier.
                          The new AML Boxes can easily handle Touchscreens.
                          Just compile the ko module and that's it.
                          Now you can Support the most common Touchscreens.

Neomode
                          hallo
                          i dont have any success with touchscreen recognition by android AML boxes (i've followed several times the guide in page 1 of this thread)

my problem:
                          I can't mount system folder as rw (tried with mount -o rw,remount /system in terminal but give me error like "no directory") so i can't copy renamed .idc files via terminal (I succeeded using 3c toolbox file manger(?) also ticking permissions) but without success after reboot...
                          my box is ABOX A1max

my question:
                          theres outhere a good step-by-step guide (2018) for an android box that support touchscreen?
                          my only success is using a mini-pc (windows native) and installing there androidx86 (works touchscreen input but losing wifi, audio and bluetooth :P)

i hope to receive some answers
                          thanks you all!

Comment

Hello,

Best Solution is to do this with adb shell from the PC.

You need the following:

USB A-A Cable
                            Google ADB Driver from here --> https://dl.google.com/android/reposi...st-windows.zip
                            Download and install it.
                            Open a cmd on windows where you extracted the platform tools
                            Type in:

adb connect
                            adb root
                            adb remount

Now you can make what you want on system partition on the Device.
                            Also did you have the right Kernel Drive?
                            You need the ko Module not the idc only!

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                              Hello,

Best Solution is to do this with adb shell from the PC.

You need the following:

USB A-A Cable
                              Google ADB Driver from here --> https://dl.google.com/android/reposi...st-windows.zip
                              Download and install it.
                              Open a cmd on windows where you extracted the platform tools
                              Type in:

adb connect
                              adb root
                              adb remount

Now you can make what you want on system partition on the Device.
                              Also did you have the right Kernel Drive?
                              You need the ko Module not the idc only!

Neomode
                              From page one of this thread it seems easier ... Probably because is from a 2012 device!
                              I've the firmware img and nothing more, I don't want to bother you, can you show me a guide or suggest a new device which have some instructions about how get this module ready to work?

this box Hannspree Android Box 6.0 Rk3368 (appear to) natively support touchscreen... it is true in your experience?

I've found Odroid C2 an interesting alternative, someone knows if recent andrioid versions natively support touchscreens?!

Thanks a lot for your help!
                              Last edited by AltCtrlDroid; 11-22-2018, 00:23.

Comment

Hello,

AML Boxes are good. All you need is that driver and finish.
                                Trust me done this before.
                                Let me see to make you an update.zip that you can easy Install today.

Regards
                                Neomode

Gesendet von meinem HT70 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X