Touchscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nirvikalp78 View Post
    Thanks for a very detailed and useful post. Although I am novice with programming, I wish to get my dell st2220t functioning as 23inch tablet as well.
    My question is about the latest version of mk802 (IIIS)- Do you think the same code will work for the latest build (?ICS4.1) which is available on mk802 IIIS currently?

Thanks for your help.
    I have the MK802IIIS and have just got it working with the Acer T231H as in the above posts. (Although the Android stick seems to reset often when the screen is pressed - which is not great - and the MK802IIIS although outputting 1080p only has a screen area of 720p so doesn't look great close up on a 23" screen)

Anyway if you plug the USB from the touchscreen to your MK802IIIS do you get a circle on the screen that you can move about? If you do you should be able to follow the instructions in this thread using your VID & PID obtained using the lsusb command.

The kernel has had the universal touchscreen driver in for a while - you just need the correct .idc file.

You can check with your VID & PID if the screen is supported in the standard linux kernel here:

The Acer T231H actually uses the quanta touch system, I can't remember what the Dell uses.

Comment

Originally posted by BadBone View Post
      [ATTACH]939[/ATTACH]
      So here is a Step-by-Step guide:
      0. connect an usb-hub and a keyboard/mouse to you MK808
      1. Install BusyBox Free -> Market -> run the installer
      2. Install Terminal Emulator -> Market
      3. run Terminal Emulator -> write down "lsusb" -> remember the output
      4. Connect your monitor to the USB of the MK808
      5. run Terminal Emulator -> write down "lsusb" -> remember the output
      6. by comparing the two outputs of "lsusb" you should see wich new device was plugged-in
      7. The last two numbers seperated by the ":" are the PID and VID of the touch interface wich you will need - for me they are 0408 and 3000
      8. download the attached file and rename it: replace the with the numbers you found by the method above & rename the file-ending to *.idc
      9. copy the file to you device (e.g. by using an sd card, dropbox, wireless adb,...)
      10. open terminal emulator again and write down "su" -> wait for the root confirmation window and accept it
      11. write down "cp /sdcard/Vendor_0408_Product_3000.idc /system/idc/Vendor_0408_Product_3000.idc" (replace the path "/sdcard" with the path you copied the file to)
      12. reboot the device
      13. have fun

regards
      BadBone
      Just one thing to note - I think the path in step 11 to put the .idc file in is /system/usr/idc/ as per your earlier post.

Anyway huge thanks my screen now works (although my MK802IIIS resets a lot when using the touchscreen - with the mouse it is fine, grrrr!)

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by adrenalize View Post
        I have the MK802IIIS and have just got it working with the Acer T231H as in the above posts. (Although the Android stick seems to reset often when the screen is pressed - which is not great - and the MK802IIIS although outputting 1080p only has a screen area of 720p so doesn't look great close up on a 23" screen)

Anyway if you plug the USB from the touchscreen to your MK802IIIS do you get a circle on the screen that you can move about? If you do you should be able to follow the instructions in this thread using your VID & PID obtained using the lsusb command.

The kernel has had the universal touchscreen driver in for a while - you just need the correct .idc file.

You can check with your VID & PID if the screen is supported in the standard linux kernel here:

The Acer T231H actually uses the quanta touch system, I can't remember what the Dell uses.
        Thanks for replying. I am a bit uncertain if I should go ahead and give it a go- considering the comments about screen resolution. I will feedback if I could get it to work.

Thanks once again.

Comment

Originally posted by nirvikalp78 View Post
          Thanks for replying. I am a bit uncertain if I should go ahead and give it a go- considering the comments about screen resolution. I will feedback if I could get it to work.

Thanks once again.
          Well as you already have both bits of kit it would be worth a few minutes trying. You need to find the VID & PID as per the instructions, but installing busybox etc should only take a few minutes. Remember to put the .idc file in the location a couple of posts up as I think there is a bit missing in the instructions. You will have to remember to make the partition read/write to put the file there! Root Explorer makes it easy as it has a button at the top to "make r/w" etc.

The resolution is OK - depends what you want to do with it. Mine is in the kitchen as a music player, news reader, web browser etc - and I'm fussy so would like 1080p!

Just had a Google - think the ST2220T uses the LG touch with the following Vendor=1fd2 Product=0064 Version=0100 I think you can miss out the Version. The Enac website shows it should be supported by the generic multitouch driver from 3.4 onwards - so there is hope it is supported.

Comment

Originally posted by adrenalize View Post
            Just one thing to note - I think the path in step 11 to put the .idc file in is /system/usr/idc/ as per your earlier post.

Anyway huge thanks my screen now works (although my MK802IIIS resets a lot when using the touchscreen - with the mouse it is fine, grrrr!)
            regarding the path - ye seems I forgot the usr in my step by step... sry
            the documentation quotes:

# following paths are consulted in order.

• /system/usr/idc/Vendor_XXXX_Product_XXXX_Version_XXXX.idc
            • /system/usr/idc/Vendor_XXXX_Product_XXXX.idc
            • /system/usr/idc/DEVICE_NAME.idc
            • /data/system/devices/idc/Vendor_XXXX_Product_XXXX_Version_XXXX.idc
            • /data/system/devices/idc/Vendor_XXXX_Product_XXXX.idc
            • /data/system/devices/idc/DEVICE_NAME.idc

#

So you can use any of those...

I dont have had any reset wiht my ug802 in all the time - should be another problem - maybe not touchscreen related?

Comment

Q. @BadBone

do you have "real" touchscreen interface like a tablet or do you drag this withe ring around as a mouse?
              I have a Iiyama prolite T2250MTS and the withe ring was working out of the box on my ug802.
              when i use lsusb in a terminal its shows up as vendor 0408 product 3001.
              i am running finless rom 1.7

Greetings
              Mark

Comment

Yes the mod described in this post makes it a proper touchscreen interface. No dragging the ring around
                Should work fine for your monitor - it has the same touch device inside as the Acer described in the post.

Comment

then i must be doing something wrong, still dragging the stupid ring

Comment

Originally posted by DiSrUpTeR View Post
                    then i must be doing something wrong, still dragging the stupid ring
                    Did you download my attached file?
                    Or did you create an own one?

Try adding one space before and after =
                    As well make sure to edit the filename correct
                    and that you use unix encoding
                    I once also had the problem that it didnt work while transfering the file over dropbox. not sure why it didn't work - but using the same file being transfered over mirco-sd card worked.
                    So just try it another time or try using one of the other idc paths.

Comment

GOT IT!!!!!

used the attached file and renamed it the right way with ubuntu.
                      copyed it to a micro-sd, copy and pasted the file in system/usr/idc with es file explorer (with mount /system on).
                      hooked up a mouse and keyboard started a terminal.
                      and typed:

su
                      chown 0,0 /system/usr/idc/Vendor_0408_Product_3001.idc
                      chmod 06755 /system/usr/idc/Vendor_0408_Product_3001.idc
                      reboot

that did the trick,works great now.
                      Thank you all for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by DiSrUpTeR View Post
                        GOT IT!!!!!

used the attached file and renamed it the right way with ubuntu.
                        copyed it to a micro-sd, copy and pasted the file in system/usr/idc with es file explorer (with mount /system on).
                        hooked up a mouse and keyboard started a terminal.
                        and typed:

su
                        chown 0,0 /system/usr/idc/Vendor_0408_Product_3001.idc
                        chmod 06755 /system/usr/idc/Vendor_0408_Product_3001.idc
                        reboot

that did the trick,works great now.
                        Thank you all for the help.
                        Yea - that might be the trick if it doesn't work - i never dealt with rightsmanagement cause I copied it from console with su directly wich sets the correct values already
                        So if you copie the file using any program like fileexplorer,... you might have to set the rights manual ^^

Well im glad it works for you now.
                        hf

Comment

Q: @ BadBone:

I have an MK802III that I am trying to get to work with a Planar touchscreen (I get a non-movable circle right now). I followed your instructions:

1. Install BusyBox Free -> Market -> run the installer
                          2. Install Terminal Emulator -> Market
                          3. run Terminal Emulator -> write down "lsusb" -> remember the output
                          When I run Terminal Emulator, I just get a command prompt (nothing to write down). I tried typing "lsusb" at the prompt but got "lsusb: not found" in response. So what exactly am I supposed to do after starting Terminal Emulator? (I am totally new to this, so please be patient with me.)

I also did not see a file attached to one of your posts as referenced by a previous poster. Thanks!

[EDIT]: I had installed BusyBox, but not "installed" it. Doh! I now have my USB list so let me see what I can do now. Thanks.
                          Last edited by Pixelpop; 02-13-2013, 01:44.

Comment

I still have not found the attachment.

8. download the attached file and rename it: replace the with the numbers you found by the method above & rename the file-ending to *.idc
                            I just joined the forum, so maybe that is a function not yet available to me. Help?

Comment

Hover your mouse over the "Vendor_0408_Product_3000.txt" at the top of the instructions.
                              Remember in step 11 to use /system/usr/idc or one of the other paths given a few posts later.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelpop View Post
                                I still have not found the attachment.

I just joined the forum, so maybe that is a function not yet available to me. Help?
                                ye you have to be logged in to download I think. adrenalize pointed it out.

Anyway if you still dont get it - just create this file on you own as described in the 1st post.

(I still get the notifications too late - so my answers always will be always late - but you already help each other quite well )

Comment

Working...
                                X