Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remap our inputs devices in our tv sticks.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used tincore keymapper to map an Xbox controller for survival craft. I've never played shadow gun so I can't say for sure how well it will work, but it's a free app so it's worth a shot.

Comment

Re: How to remap our inputs devices in our tv sticks.

Originally posted by leolas View Post
      Uff, remap joystick using this way can be difficult, I think that some apk make it in an easy way.
      Is an analogic joystick? Or a pad controller?

leolas.
      Originally posted by crithon View Post
      I used tincore keymapper to map an Xbox controller for survival craft. I've never played shadow gun so I can't say for sure how well it will work, but it's a free app so it's worth a shot.
      @ Leolas: the controller is an digital/analogic joystick but i found how to map the analog sticks. it was not easy but it can be done.
      i edited the axes of the joystick on .kl file with the vendor and product number of my joystick.
      the axes were messed pretty bad because my joystick has only four but in the generic.kl there are a lot more, so i had to go by exclusion.
      i just putted a # in the front of the line for the axes and then i tested it in the game (shadowgun).
      if the stick stoped moving then i new that line was for a specific axe, if not i went on and marked the other lines with #.
      and for the keys i used the keytest app and found which were the keys for my joystick.
      so in the end i made it and now i have a backup of that file too, in case i want to flash another firmware to the device.

@ Crithon: I use Tincore app too for some games like Real Racing that dont support the joystick function, but for shadowgun i thought it was better to play it without a middle app for the controller

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
      FIRMWARE & HARDWARE COMPATIBILITY LIST FOR ANDROID TV STICKS
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ApGXribKk_8gdEc3YnlmOHlfRlRQVUxFbkJ3Zzg3U EE&output=html
      My Plexi MK802IV mod
      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...xi-MK802IV-mod

Comment

Originally posted by neoal View Post
        @ Leolas: the controller is an digital/analogic joystick but i found how to map the analog sticks. it was not easy but it can be done.
        i edited the axes of the joystick on .kl file with the vendor and product number of my joystick.
        the axes were messed pretty bad because my joystick has only four but in the generic.kl there are a lot more, so i had to go by exclusion.
        i just putted a # in the front of the line for the axes and then i tested it in the game (shadowgun).
        if the stick stoped moving then i new that line was for a specific axe, if not i went on and marked the other lines with #.
        and for the keys i used the keytest app and found which were the keys for my joystick.
        so in the end i made it and now i have a backup of that file too, in case i want to flash another firmware to the device.

@ Crithon: I use Tincore app too for some games like Real Racing that dont support the joystick function, but for shadowgun i thought it was better to play it without a middle app for the controller

Cheers

Good work!! If you can, please upload your kl file, it will be useful for other people too

leolas.
        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
        My devices:
        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
        Gearbest.com)
        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Good work!! If you can, please upload your kl file, it will be useful for other people too

leolas.
          Hi Leolas, i uploaded the kl file to google drive.
          Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5GX...p=docslist_api
          Guys remember to change the file name according to your controller and the file permissions.
          Hope it helps

FIRMWARE & HARDWARE COMPATIBILITY LIST FOR ANDROID TV STICKS
          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ApGXribKk_8gdEc3YnlmOHlfRlRQVUxFbkJ3Zzg3U EE&output=html
          My Plexi MK802IV mod
          http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...xi-MK802IV-mod

Comment

Originally posted by neoal View Post
            Hi Leolas, i uploaded the kl file to google drive.
            Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5GX...p=docslist_api
            Guys remember to change the file name according to your controller and the file permissions.
            Hope it helps

Sure that it will help some people. Thanks!!

leolas.
            My devices:
            Gearbest.com)
            Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the guide its really helpful. I have a Rii Mini keyboard (this:http://www.landmarkpc.co.za/store/images/ZW-51009.jpg) but for some reason the e button takes me home instead of the home button. I tried this but keytest said keycode unknown. How can I fix this? Thanks.
              Also is there a way I can make the e button take a screenshot?
              Last edited by Luigi2012SM64DS; 01-15-2014, 23:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Luigi2012SM64DS View Post
                Hi, Thanks for the guide its really helpful. I have a Rii Mini keyboard (this:http://www.landmarkpc.co.za/store/images/ZW-51009.jpg) but for some reason the e button takes me home instead of the home button. I tried this but keytest said keycode unknown. How can I fix this? Thanks.
                Also is there a way I can make the e button take a screenshot?
                Just like mine, well mine is white
                And this is the only button that can't be remaped by me. I learned to live with it.

leolas.
                My devices:
                Gearbest.com)

Comment

And this is the only button that can't be remaped by me. I learned to live with it.

leolas.
                  Using another app (KeynumberTracker) I was able to find out that it is key number 144 (for the home button the e button is 172).
                  This is great so now we both have a problem solved. The key is commented out in the kl file.
                  Maybe if we comment out everything then we can find the other keys and have proper support for this on our dongles.
                  By the way, is there a way to map a button to screenshot?
                  Thanks again for the guide.
                  Last edited by Luigi2012SM64DS; 01-16-2014, 01:52.

Comment

leolas.
                    Please see my last post if you haven't

Comment

I dont know if a button can be maped to screenshot, because this is not an standard function

leolas.
                      My devices:
                      Gearbest.com)

Comment

Is there anyway to do the same thing for gaming mouse. Like assign the buttons to vol up down and home screen?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a MiniX A2 mouse and I'm trying to remap some of the buttons so they work with my MK908II. I tried it with 2 keys first to see if I got it right and I haven't.

Mapped:

key 122 HOME
                          key 132 MENU

I used the keytest.apk to find out which keys to change. I've checked I've got the right Vendor and product. permissions are set right. When I press the 'home' button on the remote in the browser it moves the page to the top. So maybe 'Home' isn't the correct command as I want it to return to the desktop/launcher. I'd also like to map a key to the app switcher/multitasking as well but I'm unsure what the command is for this?

Comment

Originally posted by amm733 View Post
                            Is there anyway to do the same thing for gaming mouse. Like assign the buttons to vol up down and home screen?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
                            yes it can be done

Originally posted by FlexiPack View Post
                            I have a MiniX A2 mouse and I'm trying to remap some of the buttons so they work with my MK908II. I tried it with 2 keys first to see if I got it right and I haven't.

Mapped:

key 122 HOME
                            key 132 MENU

I used the keytest.apk to find out which keys to change. I've checked I've got the right Vendor and product. permissions are set right. When I press the 'home' button on the remote in the browser it moves the page to the top. So maybe 'Home' isn't the correct command as I want it to return to the desktop/launcher. I'd also like to map a key to the app switcher/multitasking as well but I'm unsure what the command is for this?
                            Look at the minix rom definition for the A2, there must be the codes used.

leolas
                            My devices:
                            Gearbest.com)

Comment

yes it can be done

Look at the minix rom definition for the A2, there must be the codes used.

leolas
                              Ah it's the 'scancode' that's needed from the keytest.apk not the 'keycode' number. I was to remap the home, menu and app switcher buttons. I'll post the codes tomorrow for any fellow MiniX A2 remote users.

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk

Comment

These scancodes are for the MiniX NEO A2 remote:

Home button 102
                                Menu button 60
                                Multitasking button 240
                                Volume up 115
                                Volume down 114

Vendor ID is 0c40 (zero's - not the letter o)
                                Product ID is 7a18

So the filename should read "Vendor_0c40_Product_7a18.kl" (without the quotes).

I've only remapped the above buttons so far, using the volume buttons as zoom. in the file they read:

key 102 HOME
                                key 60 MENU
                                key 240 APP_SWITCH
                                key 115 ZOOM_IN
                                key 114 ZOOM_OUT

The APP_SWITCH doesn't bring up the proper multitasking menu, just an app switcher for recent apps. I'd prefer it to bring up the multitasking menu though so if anyone knows how to do that?

Comment

Working...
                                X