Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want to flash your rom using cwm recovery? take a look here.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you want to flash your rom using cwm recovery? take a look here.

Originally posted by smbs View Post
    Trying to download above but getting "HTTP 404"
    He have some problems with the server. I hope it can be up soon
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

CWM recovery for rk3066 devices.-

Hi Leolas
      Worked great just installed cwm now --many thanx
      I am now in the process of trying to install Finless 1.7 with your
      CWM_ROM_zip.zip.
      In instructions u mention rename boot720.img to boot.img from Finless
      Rom. There are 2 boot.img files boot720.img and boot1080.mg. So which file should I rename? I want Hd so should it be 1080.img?
      Many Thanx
      Steven

Comment

Originally posted by smbs View Post
        Hi Leolas
        Worked great just installed cwm now --many thanx
        I am now in the process of trying to install Finless 1.7 with your
        CWM_ROM_zip.zip.
        In instructions u mention rename boot720.img to boot.img from Finless
        Rom. There are 2 boot.img files boot720.img and boot1080.mg. So which file should I rename? I want Hd so should it be 1080.img?
        Many Thanx
        Steven
        Boot1080.img is used if you have a 1080 kernel! The kernel in my rom is a 720 kernel.
        Now this does not mean you wont get 1080 on your TV. Stock all these sticks use 720 kernels as they are faster. 1080 output is a scaled up 720 which to me looks fine! I really hardly can tell the difference using a 1080 kernel and thus do not like the perforamnce loss using one.

Anyway if you use the kernel720.img in my 1.7 ROM then you also use the boot720.img You need to rename them both. However if you download a 1080 kernel from somewhere (like Kizs or Omegamooon) then use the boot1080.img.

FYI, all this is explained in the README in my ROM.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

CWM recovery for rk3066 devices.-

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          Boot1080.img is used if you have a 1080 kernel! The kernel in my rom is a 720 kernel.
          Now this does not mean you wont get 1080 on your TV. Stock all these sticks use 720 kernels as they are faster. 1080 output is a scaled up 720 which to me looks fine! I really hardly can tell the difference using a 1080 kernel and thus do not like the perforamnce loss using one.

Anyway if you use the kernel720.img in my 1.7 ROM then you also use the boot720.img You need to rename them both. However if you download a 1080 kernel from somewhere (like Kizs or Omegamooon) then use the boot1080.img.

FYI, all this is explained in the README in my ROM.

Bob
          Many thanx I read your readme earlier and renamed the 720.img
          Have just installed your rom 1.7 and all went well using the method shown by Leolas!!
          3 cheers for all who have helped me flash my first rom.
          Steven

Comment

Thanks for all the information. I got my UG007II yesterday and today i first installed CWM using the update.zip method and then installed the MX1 Finless 1.7 1080 ROM using the SD-card method after creating the right zip file of course. Worked perfectly.

Couple of things.
            - In your CWM_ROM_zip.zip the system.img file is named sytem.img.
            - When i use winrar to open the file (no decompression), delete the empty .img files and drag and drop the right .img files in there, winrar will ask me directly where to save the file. Then it starts compressing. Turns out it just saves the files i just dragged and dropped for some reason (so without the META-INF and flash_image). When i used 7zip it worked just fine.

Thanks!
            - UG007-II with Finless iMito MX1/2 1.7a ROM and UG802 2Dark4U 1080p overclock kernel and USB WIFI dongle.
            - MK808 with Finless MK808 1.7c ROM and 2Dark4U 1.4 MK808 1080p overclock kernel.
            - MK908-II: XBMC full 1080p playback with a 1080p kernel HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Abducted View Post
              Thanks for all the information. I got my UG007II yesterday and today i first installed CWM using the update.zip method and then installed the MX1 Finless 1.7 1080 ROM using the SD-card method after creating the right zip file of course. Worked perfectly.

Couple of things.
              - In your CWM_ROM_zip.zip the system.img file is named sytem.img.
              - When i use winrar to open the file (no decompression), delete the empty .img files and drag and drop the right .img files in there, winrar will ask me directly where to save the file. Then it starts compressing. Turns out it just saves the files i just dragged and dropped for some reason (so without the META-INF and flash_image). When i used 7zip it worked just fine.

Thanks!
              Yea sytem.img was a error writing :banghead: jejeje i will correct it in the server zip

Enviado desde mi tabet por señales de humo
              My devices:
              Gearbest.com)
              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Beware 7zip app

Wouldn't it be nice to do the image insertion without having to involve a windows PC?
                There is a 7zip app, but it doesn't align it's zips (whatever that means).
                The premium version of 'ROM toolkit' claims to.
                Has anyone tried that?

Comment

You can use a linuxpc to do the zip. I didnt try to make the zip from android, but in ubuntu I can manage the zips without problems.
                  My devices:
                  Gearbest.com)

Comment

Minix Neo X5 - Finless rom 1.2b - OK

Thanks a lot!

Great tutorial

It works really well on Minix Neo X5 with Finless 1.2b rom.

Really pleased I don't have to boot to windows just to flash a new rom

Comment

Originally posted by petrus View Post
                      Thanks a lot!

Great tutorial

It works really well on Minix Neo X5 with Finless 1.2b rom.

Really pleased I don't have to boot to windows just to flash a new rom
                      Nice I could help you, your apks help us a lot,
                      My devices:
                      Gearbest.com)

Comment

Success using Linux at first glance

Intro. I'm relatively new to Androids, but I'm an avid Linux guy.

mk808b, unstable with certain apps randomly crashing. Noticed null pointer exceptions in log. Figured incompatibility / sloppy job when stock ROM was slapped together.
                        • Confirmed stick was "original" version through this: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-identify-them
                        • Installed http://files.androtab.info/rockchip/...MK808B_CWM.zip - copy to mini sd / update.zip, insert card, install on prompt, installed reboot apk (forget where that came from), also verified it would boot into recovery using pin hole on plugin.
                        • Backed up current setup to mini sd card
                        • Downloaded CWM_ROM_zip.zip from top of this thread, unzipped
                        • Downloaded MK808B Finless 1.7 ROM, unzipped
                        • Replace empty imgs with the ones from Mr Bob. Picked 720 ones, renamed
                        • zip up, copy zip to mini sd
                        • reboot into recovery, erase data, flash zip from external sd card

On reboot it shows a nice splash graphics filling the screen (reminds me of the old Amiga demo days).
                        • Turned wifi on, selected router's name, password, took long to obtain ip address. Then it went into "saved" (connected?) mode, and immediately dropped connection. I figure there must be some id left the wifi registers that needs clearing out. Ok, shut down, unplug, plug back in, clearing any initialized hardware settings that are no longer valid or something.
                        • After reboot, went straight to settings. Wifi was already connected. Appears to not drop connections any longer. Launch browser. freaktab home page. Loads without trouble.
                        • Installed couple of super pi benchmark tests that would crash before.
                        • Installed Antutu benchmark that would crash before.

Got a "Connection timeout" error while perusing around the play store. Pressed Retry, back in again.
                        • KFS OpenGL Benchmark.

Wifi appears to be struggling. I don't know if the Android is having trouble, or if my router is having trouble. I have a cheap $20 Walmart DLink router that happens to be one of the few routers that is full of bugs (I've never seen a router being unstable - and many other people report the same thing).

Went to browser to see if connection still good, while the play store app continue to download/install apps (can apps run in the background on Android? - one of my many questions - this would contradict the seemingly common claim that app killers are pointless, because clearly, when apps can run in the background and actually do stuff, they can drain battery or eat up resources, contradicting the anti-app-killer people and their claims that when you switch to another app, that the previous app(s) simply remain available to jump back to, but that they don't actually run in the background - but - if play store can download and install in the background, why could any random app not also run something in the background...).
                        Anyway. Browser fine, can access random website.
                        Then apps appeared to have finished downloading and installing in the background...

Super pi. 32K. Did not crash.
                        Another super pi app. 2 million digits in 76 seconds. Not bad for a $50 gadget. Did not crash.
                        KFS Benchmark. Would crash near beginning of test every time before. oh oh... crashed right when the green bamboo forest shows... Everything froze. Mouse stuck. Had to pull power to reboot.

So, either my stick has a hardware problem, and the new ROM and setup didn't happen to run into it until later, when perhaps it starts to use bad memory, which might have happened earlier with the previous ROM and setup. Or, there is a bug in the rom. Could anyone try out the KFS Benchmark apps and see if it runs all the way through without crashing, using Finless 1.7 720?

Comment

Finless 1.7 720 using CWM method, part 2

Wifi trouble. Appears to get stuck. Could not access router through web page (test to see if wifi works without using the internet - I'm on wireless internet which is unreliable in my case). Would eventually come back without me having to reconnect, but there is something fishy here. It kind of stops, and then comes back again. It's like it's dropping connection and then reconnects without any indication.
                          I plugged in an external 3TB USB harddrive that is formatted with ext3. It did not mount. I though that custom roms removed the silliness of only getting access to fat32 drives.
                          Would ext4 work? I could (should) convert to ext4, which is easy through one command.

Tried another smaller 2TB USB harddrive, also formatted as ext3. Also did not mount. I'm not understanding why basic Linux formats don't work, given that Android is a Linux derivative. Why the coodies against the most common Linux file formats? It's a great alternative to NTFS, and there are ext3/4 drivers for Linux and OSX...

Then another older 1.5TB USB drive, formatted as fat32. It mounted.

Comment

Originally posted by Andromoid View Post
                            Wifi trouble. Appears to get stuck. Could not access router through web page (test to see if wifi works without using the internet - I'm on wireless internet which is unreliable in my case). Would eventually come back without me having to reconnect, but there is something fishy here. It kind of stops, and then comes back again. It's like it's dropping connection and then reconnects without any indication.
                            I plugged in an external 3TB USB harddrive that is formatted with ext3. It did not mount. I though that custom roms removed the silliness of only getting access to fat32 drives.
                            Would ext4 work? I could (should) convert to ext4, which is easy through one command.

Tried another smaller 2TB USB harddrive, also formatted as ext3. Also did not mount. I'm not understanding why basic Linux formats don't work, given that Android is a Linux derivative. Why the coodies against the most common Linux file formats? It's a great alternative to NTFS, and there are ext3/4 drivers for Linux and OSX...

Then another older 1.5TB USB drive, formatted as fat32. It mounted.
                            Andromoid, extesive but a really well explained posts. First tell you that android is based on Linux, but android is not Linux exactly.
                            About your stability problems I suggest you a good power suply unit, the one who comes with the device is a really bad one, it said 2A and I dude it can apport 1A. Bad quality PSU give us stability problems and give noises to the circuit board.
                            There are some threads here about the WiFi problems, and some mods suggestions. So I suggest you read them, but like I said before a good PSU affect in how WiFi will work.
                            There are some people working in custom kernel for mk808b, once we can do that, we can add all filesystem we want to the kernel.
                            If you are a Linux guy I suggest you read a little about picuntu, Linux working in our devices.
                            Ifi can help only tell me.
                            My devices:
                            Gearbest.com)

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                              Andromoid, extesive but a really well explained posts. First tell you that android is based on Linux, but android is not Linux exactly.
                              About your stability problems I suggest you a good power suply unit, the one who comes with the device is a really bad one, it said 2A and I dude it can apport 1A. Bad quality PSU give us stability problems and give noises to the circuit board.
                              There are some threads here about the WiFi problems, and some mods suggestions. So I suggest you read them, but like I said before a good PSU affect in how WiFi will work.
                              There are some people working in custom kernel for mk808b, once we can do that, we can add all filesystem we want to the kernel.
                              If you are a Linux guy I suggest you read a little about picuntu, Linux working in our devices.
                              Ifi can help only tell me.
                              Hi Leolas, quick introduction. Nice to meet you. Heard great things about you. Quick intro: Used Linux to code professionally (Java mostly) since 90s. Kernel compiling, horsing around tweaking things, window manager source changing. Prior, game coding, C++/Asm.
                              How about yourself?

Correct me where I'm wrong:
                              From what I understand, Android is a heavily modified fork from an earlier Linux incarnation, that was bought by Google. Google then borrowed / updated code and tools from the Linux world to update and fix things. It's got a custom window manager (if it even could be a window manager, could be more of a raw gui layer, or rather, one single app handling graphics). The kernel was reimported from Linux actual, and then stripped and patched up to remove features of no interest to Android, and needed bits needed by Android. Question there is, where is the Android Kernel Source Code? It's got open-source/GNU written all over it, I would think...

I've got a bunch of questions, I don't know where to start.... I'd love to learn how partitioning works. Why one would have to partition when flashing using a CWM compatible zip. What type of instructions can be embedded inside a CWM zip ROM, that could make it possible to CWM-ify a Finless 2 ROM that allegedly has an "incompatible" partition layout (with stock).

When you turn the device on, what "boots" first? A bootloader, like in Linux, that starts up a big boot loader that in turns boots an OS? When you install CWM, what happens, the initial boot loader is updated, or a big bootloader is updated? Would it not overwrite the boot loader that loads the OS? If an OS flash overwrites CWM, how come a CWM flash does not overwrite an OS.... good grief, it's all so fuzzy wuzzy without any clear information out there... Would it be helpful to gather all this core stuff, and contribute a clear to the point and complete document? I should have been able to get the gist of things in minutes, but instead, it's picking bits and pieces from forums and then reading between the lines half the time...

Comment

Originally posted by Andromoid View Post
                                Hi Leolas, quick introduction. Nice to meet you. Heard great things about you. Quick intro: Used Linux to code professionally (Java mostly) since 90s. Kernel compiling, horsing around tweaking things, window manager source changing. Prior, game coding, C++/Asm.
                                How about yourself?

Correct me where I'm wrong:
                                From what I understand, Android is a heavily modified fork from an earlier Linux incarnation, that was bought by Google. Google then borrowed / updated code and tools from the Linux world to update and fix things. It's got a custom window manager (if it even could be a window manager, could be more of a raw gui layer, or rather, one single app handling graphics). The kernel was reimported from Linux actual, and then stripped and patched up to remove features of no interest to Android, and needed bits needed by Android. Question there is, where is the Android Kernel Source Code? It's got open-source/GNU written all over it, I would think...

I've got a bunch of questions, I don't know where to start.... I'd love to learn how partitioning works. Why one would have to partition when flashing using a CWM compatible zip. What type of instructions can be embedded inside a CWM zip ROM, that could make it possible to CWM-ify a Finless 2 ROM that allegedly has an "incompatible" partition layout (with stock).

When you turn the device on, what "boots" first? A bootloader, like in Linux, that starts up a big boot loader that in turns boots an OS? When you install CWM, what happens, the initial boot loader is updated, or a big bootloader is updated? Would it not overwrite the boot loader that loads the OS? If an OS flash overwrites CWM, how come a CWM flash does not overwrite an OS.... good grief, it's all so fuzzy wuzzy without any clear information out there... Would it be helpful to gather all this core stuff, and contribute a clear to the point and complete document? I should have been able to get the gist of things in minutes, but instead, it's picking bits and pieces from forums and then reading between the lines half the time...
                                Then you are a most experienced than me, I am not a coder guy, and all i have learn about this devices is searching in a lot of forums and taking a bit of each one of them.
                                You are not wrong, android comes from Linux, but its a lot of different now, and kernel sources comes from linux sources. And those sources must be Open source and must been released by the manufacturer, but rockchip don't release them and we have incomplete kernel sources from various githubs:

Integrated kernel for Picuntu 3.0.8-alok+ . Contribute to aloksinha2001/picuntu-3.0.8-alok development by creating an account on GitHub.

Linux/Android kernel for the Rockchip RK3066 SoC. Contribute to AndrewDB/rk3066-kernel development by creating an account on GitHub.

I can help you with the basic, but i am not an expertise, an all i have are general knowledges.
                                To understand better this devices i can suggest you to take a look at:

Here you can made a idea of partitions structure of the nand in this devices and the partitions present in this devices.
                                Another thread with a lot of useful info is:

About cwm scrips are made using edify scripts, so once we learn a bit about it, we can make those scripts.

About boot process this devices uses the bootloader, and then, dependind what is in misc partition the bootloader chooses boot o recovery way. In the recovery partition there is a kernel(usually) with his initramfs. If bootloader choose normal boot it loads boot partition and the kernel that exist in kernel partition.

I hope to help you a bit, ask me if you need some other thing, and i can help you.
                                My devices:
                                Gearbest.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X