Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want to flash your rom using cwm recovery? take a look here.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you want to flash your rom using cwm recovery? take a look here.

Originally posted by pittyvasile View Post
    Leolas, tnx for your reply, but i don't know what you mean with: "I need a link to your stock recovery."
    I need a Link to your stock rom or stock recovery to make a cwm for your device. Maybe the old one for original mk808b doesn't works with your device.

leolas.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

mk808B with AP6210 and android 4.2.2

i uploaded for you the firmware that is on my mk808B with AP6210 wifi chipset...what i need is to dump this firmware from my stick after i install some apps on the stick....this is the link for the firmware:

https://d.transfer.ro/T005_T011_publ...nov-cbeca4.rar

Comment

i uploaded for you the firmware that is on my mk808B with AP6210 wifi chipset...what i need is to dump this firmware from my stick after i install some apps on the stick....this is the link for the firmware:

Tomorrow I will try to make a cwm for this device, so you can test it.

leolas.
        My devices:
        Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

tnx a lot...you'll make me very, very happy

Comment

i just got you a nice coffee...using paypal...enjoy it, you deserve it...

Comment

Nice, thanks a lot

leolas.
              My devices:
              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Here it is a cwm recovery modded for mk808b-ap6210 using the stock recovery in the link you gave me:

Please test it and report if it works.

leolas
                My devices:
                Gearbest.com)

Comment

How to use with stick which has no reset/recovery button?

I have a UG007, and installed CWM via update.zip. I got to see CWM on the reboot immediately after install. But now on powerup I only see the stock ROM running. I'd like to flash an updated ROM, but don't know how to get to CWM. Any advice?

[I'm a linux guy, so don't have Windows to run rkflashtool, etc.]

Comment

If you are root in terminal emulator write:

su
                    reboot recovery

leolas.
                    My devices:
                    Gearbest.com)

Comment

will this method work on other rom?

I follow the steps to created the zip for my device, after copy everything is about 300mb.

But when tried to update im getting error

"not a valid update package"

Comment

I am not very experienced in installing ROMs, this is my second time. I tried to install this ROM http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...OM-Version-1-5 to my Arnova 9G2 with the CWM method described in this thread. (Because, if I understand well, this way my installed CWM recovery will remain and not be erased if I flash the ROM with the PC flash tool (correct me if I am wrong))

I followed the instructions... I put boot.img kernel.img misc.img and system.img from Bob Finless ROM in the CWM_ROM_zip.zip I put recovery.img from the file from androtab. When I try to install from inside CWM recovery it aborts because it searches for a device rk3066. I guessed that maybe I should also copy the META-INF folder from the RK29GENERIC_CWM.zip that I downloaded from androtab. Installation aborts again, with similar message as before (only device name changed)
                        Code:
                        assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "rk2918" || getprop (ro.product.device") == "rk29sdk"
                        E:Error in /emmc/CWM_ROM_zip.zip
                        (Status 7)
                        What should I do?

Comment

CWM INSTALL

Originally posted by leol.

[TABLE="class: outer_border, width: 500"
                          [TR]
                          [TD]I CAI´T RESIZE OUR NAND PARTITIONS BY RECOVERY, SO USE THIS TO FLASH A ROM COMING FROM A FINLESS ROM.[/TD]
                          [/TR]
                          [/TABLE]

Flash a rom using this method or any other is your responsibility, I've tested it, and it has worked perfectly for me, as always make sure you have a backup of your rom in a safe place, and you know how flash a rom. Please if you don't understand something, ask first and i will try to help.
                          Please special care with the ones who have "generick cwm recovery" You dont have a kernel inside your recovery, so if you flash incorrect kernel you need to erase full nand and install the rom by your pc with Rk flash tool.

What we will do is flash the images of the different partitions of the NAND. So we will not touch the bootloader at all, neither will touch other partitions that are not necessary to play.

The ultimate goal is to flash from cwm recovery without having to connect the PC at all, but as I mentioned earlier, at the moment we can not resize partitions, so we'll have to start from a Finless ROM installed in our tv stick or we lose that great functionality provided by the teacher Bob.

What do we need?

First, we must have cwm recovery installed and working properly. If you want to know how to install it check out at:

Winrar or 7zip installed on your pc. Suggest using either previously cited. No use windows zip manager embedded in windows so this one will not work. (thanks for the advice Bob)

We download the rom we want to install.

We download the zip provided by fun_ specific for our device from:

Download this zip file CWM_ROM_zip.zip from:

ADVICE, THIS ZIP CONTAINS EMPTY IMG FILES THAT MUST BE SUBSTITUTED BY YOUR ROMS ONES. IF YOU FLASH THIS ZIP DIRECTLY YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

How do we do it?

To explain step by step and clear we will use as an example the Finless ROM 1.7 ROM for mk808b and 7zip.

We download the file from our rom and unzip it, and cwm image from our device from Androtab and uncompress it too:

now we need boot.img kernel.img misc.img and system.img from Bob Finless ROM. They are in "MK808B Finless 1.7 ROM/FinlessROM". We need they have those exact names, so if we have boot720.img we need to rename it to boot.img

We need recovery.img from the file we downloaded from androtab.

We open with 7zip zip file CWM_ROM_zip.zip without decompressing and look inside.We delete the files.Img inside the zip and replace them with those of our rom. We do not touch anything else.

We close 7zip and we are ready, we copy the zip to the external_sd. The external_sd must have at least 500Mb free once you copied the files for the script work.

Start the stick into recovery mode. If we don't have a backup made, time to do that. We enter in backup and restore option, and make a backup to external sdcard.

Now lets go wipe data/factory reset.

Lets now to "Install zip from sdcard"

Choose install zip from external sd,.

We choose flash from external sd, and select the zip we made and we copy to the external_sd.

If everything goes well, and it must go well. We have the new rom flashed.

I need feedback from you. So please tell me if it works for you. Like always, corrections are welcome. If you need some help ask for it and i will try to help.

You can use cwm recovery to update your Roms. But i want to share this cause you can install different roms using this method.

Some tips:

Thanks to "Bob Finless" for the great ROMs he made and "fun_" for the great cwm port to our devices.
                          My question Is do i need to flash cwm? Wil it install from sd? I have bricked stock mkiiis. Can i make sd card and boot holding button? Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
                          X