Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CyanogenMod 10

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by fldc View Post
    Bluetooth isn't working, i'm working on adding support right now, and give me an output of your dmesg and possibly the wifi module from your stock rom and i'll try to add support for it
    I have executed this command (I google it):
    Code:
    adb shell dmesg
    And I get this "error: device not found"

    As you can see I'm not a linux/android expert. But I'm a fast learner!!

    About the wifi module, if you tell me what to do I will.

    Comment


      #47
      Re: CyanogenMod 10

      Originally posted by avvweb View Post
      Code:
      adb shell dmesg
      And I get this "error: device not found"
      That's usually drivers, cables and/or connection problems. Win drivers for the Android SDK are a frickin headache at times. It's a big time known issue.. When the device is up and running, use ADB Wireless from the Play store it is a lifesaver. Also with the device running, you can execute "su dmesg" without "", from a terminal shell emulator app from (there's one in the app draw).
      I'm doing this from memory and typing on my phone.. but you get the idea. Google is full of answers for command code and ADB stuffs.. I forget all the time..

      Time for a Friday night beer, :thumbup:
      Good luck.

      Comment


        #48
        Thanks 12paq but I did execute the command on the terminal app. Also I've tried "su desmg" as you recommended but it says "unknown id: dmesg". I tried again "adb shell dmesg" and it says something else "daemon not running, starting on port XXXX. daemon started succesfully" but after that it says "error: device not found" again.

        What am I missing?

        By the way, some more feedback fldc. As you know the wifi does not work. I connected a usb adapter for ethernet and I managed to access internet and install some apps from apk files. Nevertheless both Play Store and Netflix does not seem to find the internet connection. Also, the icon of the ethernet connection is not present besides the clock.

        Finally I tried some video files. A 720p MP4 runs smoothly but a 1080p MP4 not so much. Besides, the 1080p MP4 file got the dongle rebooted one time. Maybe the video drivers are wrong? I used MX Player Pro for the tests. I noticed that the decoders available were just HW and SW but with Finless Rom there is another option HW+ which does not work by the way (feedback to Finless).

        The video seems to run at real 1080p. Is the kernel 1080? Because it runs awesomely smooth not like another 1080 kernel Rom I tried before.

        Anyway, I hope it helps. Please advice on the dmesg thing to resolve the issue and if you still want me to get the wifi module just tell me what to do and it would be my pleasure. Great work! Thanks!

        Oh, and enjoy your beer 12paq!!
        Last edited by avvweb; 01-19-2013, 07:37. Reason: typos

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by 12paq View Post
          Cool cool cool
          Most of the peripheral problems were on my end.. except the known sd card mount fail. I'll try to get a dmesg. How are you getting ADB? My linux box is in another room, lol..

          On CWM if the correct partition mapping is laid out, I bet the sd and even the ext sd volumes could be mounted and then nandroid backups would work. Right now as you likely know, the sd volumes won't mount so backups fail. More fun!
          This issue is ususlly fixed by the proper mounts in recovery.fstab and making sure your using the original rknand.ko and init binary from the original recovery.

          You might try my CWM that does work on the ug802.

          http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ight=clockwork


          Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





          Comment


            #50
            Re: CyanogenMod 10

            Originally posted by Finless View Post
            This issue is ususlly fixed by the proper mounts in recovery.fstab and making sure your using the original rknand.ko and init binary from the original recovery.

            You might try my CWM that does work on the ug802.

            http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ight=clockwork


            Bob
            Thanks Bob. I have not looked at it yet but I think fdlc mentioned it was a generic CWM and that he implied he hasn't spent much time on it, yet. Thanks for the link and your gracious help in pointing me in the right directions. This MK808 is really a lot of fun.

            Comment


              #51
              Re: CyanogenMod 10

              Originally posted by avvweb View Post
              Thanks 12paq but I did execute the command on the terminal app. Also I've tried "su desmg" as you recommended but it says "unknown id: dmesg". I tried again "adb shell dmesg" and it says something else "daemon not running, starting on port XXXX. daemon started succesfully" but after that it says "error: device not found" again.

              What am I missing?....
              ....
              Anyway, I hope it helps. Please advice on the dmesg thing to resolve the issue and if you still want me to get the wifi module just tell me what to do and it would be my pleasure. Great work! Thanks!

              Oh, and enjoy your beer 12paq!!
              Thanks!

              Fyi: In the Android terminal input "su" then hit enter.
              You will see a "#". (SU command gives you Superuser access)
              Then input "dmesg". And a log will be generated.

              Also look into "pastebin". It's a dev user site that hosts log output for easy sharing and its often what they expect. Not sure if fdlc still needs the log, (the wifi modual might be more important) but now we can be ready in the future. :thumbup:

              I don't want to hijack fdlc's thread here, it's just fun to learn and help others learn. Hope this helps.

              Comment


                #52
                Just spend the last few hours with this CM10 Rom for the MK 808. All in all, I like it, but there seems to be a few issues.

                Wifi:
                My wifi is not very good. Up and down, loses connectivity, etc. I had this same problem with my Touchpad running CM10, until they released a wifi fix. After that, it worked great.

                USB LAN Adapter:
                I have the usb lan adapter made by rocketfish sold in best buys stores. Here is a link --> http://www.bestbuy.com:80/site/Rocke...rnet&cp=1&lp=1
                I had no problem getting this to work with Finless 1.5a. Connected immediately, gave me great speeds, and showed the icon in the bottom right hand corner. With this CM10, it was a bit different. It seemed to be hit or miss. In the ethernet set up menu, I choose DHCP, and in the drop down I had 3 things to choose from. These were small strings of letters and numbers. I was never able to get it to supply me with my ip, gateway, etc, but internet worked ok. Speeds seemed fast when streaming video and youtube, but when it came to downloading an update from google play, it failed to connect, and said that it was waiting for an internet connection.

                USB LAN Adapter and WIFi (at the same time):
                This seemed to work the best for me. Great speeds, no dropouts, and I was able to download from google play. I streamed music from the server, played youtube videos, everything was pretty snappy. I know the mk808 was using the "hard line connection" because the light on it would continuously flash, along with the lights on my gigabit switch.

                Youtube:
                I choose the older youtube apk so I was able to get into full screen mode. I searched for 1080p, and choose one of the top videos. The only way I could get it to default to HD, would be to have my wifi going, and being hooked up the the usb lan. If I was just using one or the other, I would have to manually press HQ but even then, the quality wasn't as good as the defaulted HQ with lan and wifi together. (if this made any sense...)


                AUDIO and VIDEO STREAMING with ES FILE Explorer (the best)
                Worked flawlessly. Used BS Player FREE, and MX Player. If one player didn't play it properly, the other did. Tried 720p and 1080p files in mkv, and also MP4. Worked great. Tried mp3, and even FLAC (lossless), they sounded great and streamed wonderfully.

                Animated Wallpaper:
                Worked great, no hiccups. Does anyone where you can get others for free? APKs etc?

                SLEEP:
                Sleep worked great for me, it was waking up that there was a problem. I set it to sleep in 5 minutes, went to sleep, black screen. To wake it up, I tried everything from my keyboard. Volume rockers, esc, all other keys, touchpad buttons, etc, nothing seem to wait it up. Had to pull the plug and let it reboot.

                All in all I like the release. It seems pretty stable for me (only locked up once). With a few more "nightlies" I feel this is going to be a beast of a machine. Now we just need to fix some of the problems listed above, and they work on getting Dolby Digital/DTS passthrough working, and also bluetooth.

                If you have any questions, or need me to check to see if something is working, let me know. I will do my best.

                Off to grab a beer and watch some UFC.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Am i the only one that had problems with hw accel? tried some files, most would not play with hw.

                  I also have problems waking the device up if i send it to sleep with the keyboard

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Re: CyanogenMod 10

                    Is there anything that can be done to improve WiFi speed? Running a speed test gives me only around 1 Mbps even tough signal strength is excellent and link speed shows 54 Mbps. I had no problem on Finless 1.6. I would really like to use CyanogenMod but with this problem it isn't usable. Please help!

                    Comment


                      #55
                      is this rom good for everyday use or does it need a couple of more weeks in development?

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by 12paq View Post
                        Thanks Bob. I have not looked at it yet but I think fdlc mentioned it was a generic CWM and that he implied he hasn't spent much time on it, yet. Thanks for the link and your gracious help in pointing me in the right directions. This MK808 is really a lot of fun.
                        I'll fix the fstab if mounting is a problem, i thought i did do this.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by avvweb View Post
                          Thanks 12paq but I did execute the command on the terminal app. Also I've tried "su desmg" as you recommended but it says "unknown id: dmesg". I tried again "adb shell dmesg" and it says something else "daemon not running, starting on port XXXX. daemon started succesfully" but after that it says "error: device not found" again.

                          What am I missing?

                          By the way, some more feedback fldc. As you know the wifi does not work. I connected a usb adapter for ethernet and I managed to access internet and install some apps from apk files. Nevertheless both Play Store and Netflix does not seem to find the internet connection. Also, the icon of the ethernet connection is not present besides the clock.

                          Finally I tried some video files. A 720p MP4 runs smoothly but a 1080p MP4 not so much. Besides, the 1080p MP4 file got the dongle rebooted one time. Maybe the video drivers are wrong? I used MX Player Pro for the tests. I noticed that the decoders available were just HW and SW but with Finless Rom there is another option HW+ which does not work by the way (feedback to Finless).

                          The video seems to run at real 1080p. Is the kernel 1080? Because it runs awesomely smooth not like another 1080 kernel Rom I tried before.

                          Anyway, I hope it helps. Please advice on the dmesg thing to resolve the issue and if you still want me to get the wifi module just tell me what to do and it would be my pleasure. Great work! Thanks!

                          Oh, and enjoy your beer 12paq!!
                          1. about adb, i'm a linux user, so i can't speak for windows, but i had to add the vendor (0x2207) to ~/.android/adb_usb.ini to get adb to recognize this device, the same file should exist somewhere. You could also dump the dmesg with the terminal app to external sd and type the following,

                          su (accept on prompt)
                          dmesg > /external_sd/dmesg.txt

                          2. There is no code for showing an ethernet icon atm.

                          3. I'm not sure video playing is 100% on even mk808 yet, as I haven't tested this much myself, only some videos on netflix and plex to confirm it's working. For MX, i don't know what their hw+ codecs depend on, i'll look at that later.

                          4. is cwm working ok for you? can you mount external sd and do a nand dump?

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by sudoeste View Post
                            Am i the only one that had problems with hw accel? tried some files, most would not play with hw.

                            I also have problems waking the device up if i send it to sleep with the keyboard
                            Please provide logs if you have the possibility

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by pancho22 View Post
                              Is there anything that can be done to improve WiFi speed? Running a speed test gives me only around 1 Mbps even tough signal strength is excellent and link speed shows 54 Mbps. I had no problem on Finless 1.6. I would really like to use CyanogenMod but with this problem it isn't usable. Please help!
                              I've noticed the low speeds to, i thought it was the wifi hardware, i read somewhere about antenna problems, but I will look at possible solutions to this

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by flynreelow View Post
                                Just spend the last few hours with this CM10 Rom for the MK 808. All in all, I like it, but there seems to be a few issues.

                                Wifi:
                                My wifi is not very good. Up and down, loses connectivity, etc. I had this same problem with my Touchpad running CM10, until they released a wifi fix. After that, it worked great.

                                USB LAN Adapter:
                                I have the usb lan adapter made by rocketfish sold in best buys stores. Here is a link --> http://www.bestbuy.com:80/site/Rocke...rnet&cp=1&lp=1
                                I had no problem getting this to work with Finless 1.5a. Connected immediately, gave me great speeds, and showed the icon in the bottom right hand corner. With this CM10, it was a bit different. It seemed to be hit or miss. In the ethernet set up menu, I choose DHCP, and in the drop down I had 3 things to choose from. These were small strings of letters and numbers. I was never able to get it to supply me with my ip, gateway, etc, but internet worked ok. Speeds seemed fast when streaming video and youtube, but when it came to downloading an update from google play, it failed to connect, and said that it was waiting for an internet connection.

                                USB LAN Adapter and WIFi (at the same time):
                                This seemed to work the best for me. Great speeds, no dropouts, and I was able to download from google play. I streamed music from the server, played youtube videos, everything was pretty snappy. I know the mk808 was using the "hard line connection" because the light on it would continuously flash, along with the lights on my gigabit switch.

                                Youtube:
                                I choose the older youtube apk so I was able to get into full screen mode. I searched for 1080p, and choose one of the top videos. The only way I could get it to default to HD, would be to have my wifi going, and being hooked up the the usb lan. If I was just using one or the other, I would have to manually press HQ but even then, the quality wasn't as good as the defaulted HQ with lan and wifi together. (if this made any sense...)


                                AUDIO and VIDEO STREAMING with ES FILE Explorer (the best)
                                Worked flawlessly. Used BS Player FREE, and MX Player. If one player didn't play it properly, the other did. Tried 720p and 1080p files in mkv, and also MP4. Worked great. Tried mp3, and even FLAC (lossless), they sounded great and streamed wonderfully.

                                Animated Wallpaper:
                                Worked great, no hiccups. Does anyone where you can get others for free? APKs etc?

                                SLEEP:
                                Sleep worked great for me, it was waking up that there was a problem. I set it to sleep in 5 minutes, went to sleep, black screen. To wake it up, I tried everything from my keyboard. Volume rockers, esc, all other keys, touchpad buttons, etc, nothing seem to wait it up. Had to pull the plug and let it reboot.

                                All in all I like the release. It seems pretty stable for me (only locked up once). With a few more "nightlies" I feel this is going to be a beast of a machine. Now we just need to fix some of the problems listed above, and they work on getting Dolby Digital/DTS passthrough working, and also bluetooth.

                                If you have any questions, or need me to check to see if something is working, let me know. I will do my best.

                                Off to grab a beer and watch some UFC.
                                Wifi:
                                It seems to be a common problem, and I will look at solutions.

                                USB LAN Adapter:
                                The settings will list all available network devices, i could ignore some here, the one you want to change is usually "eth0" which is the first ethernet device on linux. I haven't actually tried this code myself, but I have and asix adapter connected now to further fix this

                                SLEEP:
                                I've had this sleep of death once, i'll try to reproduce later and see if i can get some logs.


                                And thanks for your feedback and i hope you enjoyed your beer

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X