Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CyanogenMod 10

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by 12paq View Post
    Thanks!

    Fyi: In the Android terminal input "su" then hit enter.
    You will see a "#". (SU command gives you Superuser access)
    Then input "dmesg". And a log will be generated.

    Also look into "pastebin". It's a dev user site that hosts log output for easy sharing and its often what they expect. Not sure if fdlc still needs the log, (the wifi modual might be more important) but now we can be ready in the future. :thumbup:

    I don't want to hijack fdlc's thread here, it's just fun to learn and help others learn. Hope this helps.
    Trying to help others is always appreciated. Cheers!

    Comment


      #62
      Re: CyanogenMod 10

      Originally posted by fldc View Post
      I've noticed the low speeds to, i thought it was the wifi hardware, i read somewhere about antenna problems, but I will look at possible solutions to this
      Strange thing is that it authenticates and gets an IP in a split second and reception seems much better than it was with Finless ROM. It even connects on channel 6, thing that would not work on other ROM. I tried to play with my router settings, trying different security and all but still the same. I can't even stream 720p videos from my LAN at that speed.

      Perhaps there are other kernel I could try? Thanks for helping me. I would love to stay on this amazing ROM.

      Edit: Anybody with the same issue?

      Sent from my mk808 using Tapatalk HD
      Last edited by pancho22; 01-20-2013, 18:46.

      Comment


        #63
        Forgot to ADD:


        Power down button should get you the power menu. I dont like that if you accidentally hit it once, it powers down the unit. Instead of the long press power to get to the menu. Could we make it the short press to get to the specific power option menu? Is this tough to implement?

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by flynreelow View Post
          Forgot to ADD:


          Power down button should get you the power menu. I dont like that if you accidentally hit it once, it powers down the unit. Instead of the long press power to get to the menu. Could we make it the short press to get to the specific power option menu? Is this tough to implement?
          I thought that when you hit the power button the device sleeps, you know like a tablet or phone. It might be the wake issue (SOD) that is the problem and that makes it look like it powers off..

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by flynreelow View Post
            Forgot to ADD:


            Power down button should get you the power menu. I dont like that if you accidentally hit it once, it powers down the unit. Instead of the long press power to get to the menu. Could we make it the short press to get to the specific power option menu? Is this tough to implement?
            That is the goal with this button, I didn't care at that moment, i just needed something better to get to recovery.

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by 12paq View Post
              I thought that when you hit the power button the device sleeps, you know like a tablet or phone. It might be the wake issue (SOD) that is the problem and that makes it look like it powers off..
              It does, it's not supposed to power the device down.

              Comment


                #67
                tested again and noticed 2 things. Is this really 1080p? screenshot still is taken at 1280 even tho tv says its 1080p. also UI is the same size as 720p.

                My usb ntfs formated drive cant be mounted.

                HW accel appear to be working, must have been the file i was trying that was corrupted

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by fldc View Post
                  It does, it's not supposed to power the device down.
                  Ha ha that's what I figured. We know it's a wip.
                  Keep at it man, this is a really slick build. I think Netflix is as good or better then my Roku. It's also good to stream network programs from their specific websites via a browser (I like Boat Browser these days) that are blocked on the Roku. The wife is happy so, all good here!

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by 12paq View Post
                    Ha ha that's what I figured. We know it's a wip.
                    Keep at it man, this is a really slick build. I think Netflix is as good or better then my Roku. It's also good to stream network programs from their specific websites via a browser (I like Boat Browser these days) that are blocked on the Roku. The wife is happy so, all good here!
                    I like boat browser as well. Think it's the best one out there. Have u had any issues streaming from fox cbs nbc etc? I think I tried before in the finless 1.5a and wouldn't work. How well does this work on CM10?

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Ive installed this with the latest kernel.

                      Impressions: To much screen flickers when open closing apps. Anyoning.
                      Using a usb ethernet cable gave me slower speeds then on wifi. im on 100 mbit.
                      Usb bluetooth dongle dosent work.
                      Ask finless bob how to fix the statusbar so it can be hiddeable.
                      Menus is slow compared to finless.

                      And some apps stuck in potrait mode. Should always use landscape mode.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by lang View Post
                        Ive installed this with the latest kernel.

                        Impressions: To much screen flickers when open closing apps. Anyoning.
                        Using a usb ethernet cable gave me slower speeds then on wifi. im on 100 mbit.
                        Usb bluetooth dongle dosent work.
                        Ask finless bob how to fix the statusbar so it can be hiddeable.
                        Menus is slow compared to finless.

                        And some apps stuck in potrait mode. Should always use landscape mode.
                        I haven't noticed any screen flickers or slowness in menus, could anyone else confirm this? For me things are faster than stock rom, i haven't tried finless rom (sorry ).

                        There is no latest, there is only one source available, or are you using some other custom kernel? In that case, please use the original kernel before reporting problem so i don't go chasing problems that aren't there.

                        Most of the other things will be fixed eventually and is already known.

                        I will also include the expanded desktop feature from paranoid android..

                        Thanks for the feedback

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by fldc View Post
                          I haven't noticed any screen flickers or slowness in menus, could anyone else confirm this? For me things are faster than stock rom, i haven't tried finless rom (sorry ).

                          Most of the other things will be fixed eventually and is already known.

                          I will also include the expanded desktop feature from paranoid android..

                          Thanks for the feedback
                          I noticed a small amount of flicker with 720p on my projector. Went away with 1080. Some apps are flipped the wrong direction. I also can't get the vudu app to work.

                          Keep up the good work. With a few minor tweaks this will be the best rom out there. Thanks again

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by fldc View Post
                            Trying to help others is always appreciated. Cheers!
                            Yes, thank you very much. I will try this.

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Yo have u heard of tizzbird t1.
                              An smooth fast good looking android stick.
                              The youtube looking really good.

                              With natavie network streaming and bluetooth and much good functions for media player.

                              The firmware can be downloaded and examined here

                              http://www.tizzbird.se/Tizzbird-N1-firmware.htm

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by fldc View Post
                                I haven't noticed any screen flickers or slowness in menus, could anyone else confirm this? For me things are faster than stock rom, i haven't tried finless rom (sorry ).

                                There is no latest, there is only one source available, or are you using some other custom kernel? In that case, please use the original kernel before reporting problem so i don't go chasing problems that aren't there.

                                Most of the other things will be fixed eventually and is already known.

                                I will also include the expanded desktop feature from paranoid android..

                                Thanks for the feedback
                                No using the kernel from ur page

                                http://www.omegamoon.com/blog/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X