Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmm123 View Post
    Wild guess, but parameters are always in the beginning of flash
    so you can set commandline for parameters partition only load rknand.ko, read parameters, unload rknand.ko, change commandline, load rknand.ko again
    Sounds like that should work Thanks, I'll try and report back.

Comment

Adding a GUI is coming along nicely as well
      Click image for larger version

Name:	fb.png
Views:	1
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	433412
      It is using Xorg and openbox for the desktop, and netsurf for browsing. This all fits in 25MB, so there is some room for more!

Netsurf still has some rendering problems, when I solve that I will release an update.

Comment

nice
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Netsurf is working now too, time for a new release.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	fb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	433422
          Whats new:
          - GUI powered by Xorg and Openbox, boot to desktop within 10 seconds!
          - Conky for system monitoring
          - Added Netsurf for web browsing

The recovery image is just under 25 MB, get it here:
          MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!
          Last edited by biemster; 04-07-2014, 19:28.

Comment

Originally posted by biemster View Post
            The recovery image is just under 25 MB, get it here:
            https://mega.co.nz/#!kMNHkALZ!-c0B2y...PAXmpoSTYRg9cg
            Dead link, please can you upload again?
            thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by tziga View Post

Dead link, please can you upload again?
              thank you very much
              The link was dead indeed, but the file seemed to be still there. I did not work on it since that last post, so I'm not 100% sure if it is the right one. Could you confirm after you try if the whole thing still works? thanks!
              MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

The link was dead indeed, but the file seemed to be still there. I did not work on it since that last post, so I'm not 100% sure if it is the right one. Could you confirm after you try if the whole thing still works? thanks!
                https://mega.nz/#!pZUDVILS!-c0B2yRhI...PAXmpoSTYRg9cg
                Thank you soooooo much! as soon as i can test it i'll feedback to you.
                One last thing, is there an easy way to use your img to be put on sd (and booting simply plugging in the card and powering on) instead of recovery?
                thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by tziga View Post

Thank you soooooo much! as soon as i can test it i'll feedback to you.
                  One last thing, is there an easy way to use your img to be put on sd (and booting simply plugging in the card and powering on) instead of recovery?
                  thank you again
                  I've been working on that a short while, but did not finish that project. So unfortunately no, there is no easy way. But there are some threads on this forum that have everything you need if you decide to try it yourself.

Comment

Hi there, really cool project. I pulled my mk908 v3 out of the draw and tried to get it setup. I managed to get 4.4 kitkat running nicely on the primary partition and i'd love to have a working tiny core distro in recovery (such an awesome idea!). Ive ran into a couple of issues.

Firstly, this particular kitkat kernel does not follow the mtdblock scheme, so auto wifi from android doesn't work. Not a problem though, the included "wifimenu" script works perfectly and obtains a wifi connection.

The real issue im having upon running "importsce" i receive "There is an issue connecting to http://repo.tinycorelinux.net/ , exiting..". So i'm unable to install packages, which in particular i need the "App browser" any ideas? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jointherealms View Post
                      The real issue im having upon running "importsce" i receive "There is an issue connecting to http://repo.tinycorelinux.net/ , exiting..". So i'm unable to install packages, which in particular i need the "App browser" any ideas? thanks
                      Thanks for your interest, maybe it is time for me too to pull this thing out of my drawer too
                      I vaguely remember seeing this error message too, but it's been a while.

First things first, can you confirm that your internet connection is working properly (browsing with NetSurf works)?

Comment

First things first, can you confirm that your internet connection is working properly (browsing with NetSurf works)?
                        Thanks for the reply! wifi is definately working, im able to ping and run wget and ssh is working great. I saw in the second page that chmod 777 /tmp had fixed the issue in that case, permissions are set correctly, but unfortunately still doesnt work

Comment

Working...
                        X