No announcement yet.

Tiny Core Linux for mk908, full distro in recovery img UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another idea, IF POSSIBLE, because you can't be sure, that every device/(custom) ROM uses the same "partition table/structure" ( mtdparts=rk29xxnand: ).
    Try to make a
    Code:
    mtdparts=rk29xxnand:0x00000000@0x00000002(parameter)...
    and try to read the CMDLINE from the /dev/mtdblock0 and then
    Try to "reload" the /dev/mtdblockXYZ's with the fitting 'mtdparts=rk29xxnand:'

But I think it would be a "heavy mission" ...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      Another idea, IF POSSIBLE, because you can't be sure, that every device/(custom) ROM uses the same "partition table/structure" ( mtdparts=rk29xxnand: ).
      Try to make a
      Code:
      mtdparts=rk29xxnand:0x00000000@0x00000002(parameter)...
      and try to read the CMDLINE from the /dev/mtdblock0 and then
      Try to "reload" the /dev/mtdblockXYZ's with the fitting 'mtdparts=rk29xxnand:'

But I think it would be a "heavy mission" ...
      The mtdparts is hard coded in the kernel, so I'm not sure how you would reload with a fitting mtdparts. Could you clarify what is your purpose of this? Reboot to recovery works fine how it is now right?

Comment

Originally posted by gvigueras View Post
        Can you make a 1080p kernel? I will test...
        So I had some time, updated first post with image with 1080p kernel. Please report back since I cannot test that one.

Comment

Originally posted by biemster View Post
          The mtdparts is hard coded in the kernel, so I'm not sure how you would reload with a fitting mtdparts. Could you clarify what is your purpose of this? Reboot to recovery works fine how it is now right?
          because e.g.
          - perhaps misc do not start at x4000 or
          - you say "browsers and that kind of stuff will have to be installed on external storage (or the Android /sdcard partition, which is mounted as /dev/mtdblock9)" but what will happen if mtdblock9 starts, because of an other custom rom, at an other address
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
            because e.g.
            - perhaps misc do not start at x4000 or
            - you say "browsers and that kind of stuff will have to be installed on external storage (or the Android /sdcard partition, which is mounted as /dev/mtdblock9)" but what will happen if mtdblock9 starts, because of an other custom rom, at an other address
            Custom roms might indeed change addresses, did not think that was very common. I see your point now. I think for people that have a different mtd layout a new kernel with different cmdline has to be compiled.

Comment

So I had some time, updated first post with image with 1080p kernel. Please report back since I cannot test that one.
              Okey, I've flashed the 1080p image to recovery and it works fine. After reboot to recovery from Android, Tinycore loads okey in 1080p and I get the control. Now, I login to tc ok, sudo wifi.sh ok too: my wireless lan is detected, I put its password, ok. And I've inserted my sdcard, and ran tce-setdrive selecting it succesfully to. But the first issue is at the next step: trying to importsce: it cannot connect to repository: A error line is shown (issue connecting http://repo.tinycorelinux.com), and I cannot install any package. Well, no problem: reboot and try again...
              But the worst thing is when I reboot: anyway it goes to black screen again, and don't load any kernel (or maybe it actually loads ok but my Lcd can't show it?), nor linux, nor android. Only black screen, and the only solution is flashing again another rom, etc...

Well. Now I'm thinking that this issue could be only in my Tronsmart. It seems to me that your 1080p kernel and its tinycorelinux works fine. Could test it somebody else at 1080p?

Thanks, and stay!

Comment

Okey, I've flashed the 1080p image to recovery and it works fine. After reboot to recovery from Android, Tinycore loads okey in 1080p and I get the control. Now, I login to tc ok, sudo wifi.sh ok too: my wireless lan is detected, I put its password, ok. And I've inserted my sdcard, and ran tce-setdrive selecting it succesfully to.
                Thanks for testing!

But the first issue is at the next step: trying to importsce: it cannot connect to repository: A error line is shown (issue connecting http://repo.tinycorelinux.com), and I cannot install any package.
                I've had one more report of this. Setting permissions to /tmp solved the problem in that case:
                Code:
                sudo chmod 777 /tmp
                I'm not sure why that solved the problem, I have to look into it further.

Comment

Boot partition or kernel partition of finless 1.7 ROM issue in HDMI output?

Okey, biemster,

This afternoon I will test again and I'm going to try connecting repo. If it works, try add xserver and graph desktop, all stored in sdcard maybe?.
                  The major problem I'm still having is the black screen after the second reboot. And it's happening with every Linux distro I'm testing (linuxium dualboot at boot kernel, jakson at recovery kernel with picbuntu, and with this tiny core too), so it seems to me the problem could be the kernel of Android Finless 1.7 that I'm using. (I'm looking other posts about config parameters of HDMI in android kernel that sets to automatic detection, permanent, etc. the HDMI output port, and when my screen boots in black the mouse light stays on... perhaps the tronsmart is working but I cannot see it...). Perhaps I'm going to download KitKat beta finless ROM 2.4.4 to test with it...
                  Can someone tell me wich Android kernel and Android ROM is working fine on Tronsmart 908 v3 for recovery reboot to Linux 1080p?
                  And have someone tested the linuxium dualboot menu on our Tronsmart 908?

Thanks again. Stay!!

Comment

Update:
                    - wifi now connects using config from Android! (wifi now automagically works if setup in Android)
                    - The new Mali 3D acceleration added
                    - fixed bug (issue connecting http://repo.tinycorelinux.com)

recovery image with 720p kernel:
                    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!
                    Last edited by biemster; 03-24-2014, 22:02.

Comment

Config File

Update:
                      - wifi now connects using config from Android! (wifi now automagically works if setup in Android)
                      - The new Mali 3D acceleration added
                      - fixed bug (issue connecting http://repo.tinycorelinux.com)

recovery image with 720p kernel:
                      https://mega.co.nz/#!9Rl2QaDD!XIYJmY...RnaAl0WNrN7SZw

Can you provid your .config file of kernel. I trid compile new omegamoon kernel and it copiles, but when I reboot to recovery(I use image in recovery partition) nothing hapen. I already changed the kernel CMD line in my config and use its ok in 3.0.72 kernel, but i not know about new configs in kernel(new HDMI and rokchip drivers). I want use your kernel but it seems not have System IPC, Shared memory enabled and have the Paranoid Kernel enabled, so for linux user is hard.

Comment

Originally posted by jakson View Post
                        Can you provid your .config file of kernel.
                        MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

I trid compile new omegamoon kernel and it copiles, but when I reboot to recovery(I use image in recovery partition) nothing hapen. I already changed the kernel CMD line in my config and use its ok in 3.0.72 kernel, but i not know about new configs in kernel(new HDMI and rokchip drivers).
                        I tried the new .101 kernel too, and for me the screen will not switch on. It comes out of standby, so signal is detected, but further nothing on screen. Everything else boots (except wifi) and I can ssh into it but because the screen does not work I stick with .72 for now.
                        I used the new kitkat kernel HDMI code in my .72.

I want use your kernel but it seems not have System IPC, Shared memory enabled
                        I enabled SysV IPC and disabled the Android binder IPC, some suggested that qt applications work better with this (still have to test it though, and also no clue why this should be the case). So IPC is in the kernel. Shared memory I'm not sure, I'll look into that.

and have the Paranoid Kernel enabled, so for linux user is hard.
                        What do you mean by this? Paranoid networking? That is switched off. What is exactly hard for you when using this image?

cheers!

Comment

Shared Memory

Sorry for my bad english. I not tested your new kernel iet. Shared memory help to run qt aplications too and others lke chrome(withouth that its show black page), he is is the CONFIG_SHMEN parameter in config. If you have put off paranoid network its good now for linux. Paranoid Network is a netword policy of android, in linux if is enabled you need be root to acess network, or be in two groups who I dont remenber. Sorry for post ,all has implemented in this new kernel(i check the config)

Comment

Custom roms might indeed change addresses, did not think that was very common. I see your point now. I think for people that have a different mtd layout a new kernel with different cmdline has to be compiled.
                            cmdline is only string.
                            You can change it after booting kernel (before loading rknand.ko) with something like this:
                            echo "new command line" > /root/cmdline
                            mount -n --bind -o ro /root/cmdline /proc/cmdline

then cat /proc/cmdline and you should see "new command line"

Comment

Originally posted by mmm123 View Post
                              cmdline is only string.
                              You can change it after booting kernel (before loading rknand.ko) with something like this:
                              echo "new command line" > /root/cmdline
                              mount -n --bind -o ro /root/cmdline /proc/cmdline

then cat /proc/cmdline and you should see "new command line"
                              Nice, thanks!
                              Do you also know how to read the parameters from flash just before setting the cmdline?

Comment

Nice, thanks!
                                Do you also know how to read the parameters from flash just before setting the cmdline?
                                Wild guess, but parameters are always in the beginning of flash
                                so you can set commandline for parameters partition only load rknand.ko, read parameters, unload rknand.ko, change commandline, load rknand.ko again

Comment

Working...
                                X