Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RKMC - Rockchip is preparing their own official app based on KODI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WAIKIKI728 View Post

Do you think the proper Mashmallow can be ported to RK3368?¿?
    It should be compatible with RK3368 also.
    But the problem is most RK3368 manufacturers already abandoned their RK3368 devices and only support new ones so getting to build it without problems is going to be difficult if no manufacturers help.
    Maybe Geekbox will do something if they don't abandon their RK3368 since they already have beta tablet MM firmware running.

Comment

I too think that the RK3368 is pretty much dead.

Geekbox development has ground to a halt and Zidoo have essentially dropped any real support for the X6, so if more development is to come then it will likely be devs that are still interested in supporting the platform for the future.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
        I too think that the!!!!!! RK3368 is pretty much dead.!!!!!!

Then ..it´s clear i will never recommend and buy rockchip android tvs...it´s a shame that the OTA update never works...

This is a lie...and will personally say that to the company by email ..facebook or twiter.

Comment

Then ..it´s clear i will never recommend and buy rockchip android tvs...it´s a shame that the OTA update never works...

This is a lie...and will personally say that to the company by email ..facebook or twiter.
          All models and SOC's get replaced each year by the next big thing and it is very common for manufacturers and vendors to drop support for old tech.

This could be said of Rockchip, AMLogic, Allwinner and the rest.

It's generally the interest of users and devs that can keep devices going.

So to some extent there is a gamble when buying anything,so what is used as a basis for recommendation will vary.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

This could be said of Rockchip,...... AMLogic, Allwinner and the rest.

WHAT IS THE OTA UPDATE SERVICE FOR?¿?

Comment

WHAT IS THE OTA UPDATE SERVICE FOR?¿?
              Over the air updates, which can come across the web or utilising downloadable updates that can be installed manually.

Comment

I know..it was ironic mode...i just mean the over air updates works or nothing!!!!..

No update...not even one i had in one year..and no official marashmallow after 1 year..the update was a lie...it is a shame..

Comment

I know..it was ironic mode...i just mean the over air updates works or nothing!!!!..

No update...not even one i had in one year..and no official marashmallow after 1 year..the update was a lie...it is a shame..
                  Only devices that support OTA after 1 year are Ugoos ones.
                  Beelink releases one or two OTA updates after devices are just released but after that also nothing.
                  On 90% of devices the OTA is not even set up correctly and will never work.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                    On 90% of devices the OTA is not even set up !!!!correctly and will never work.....

It´s incredible how this can happen...in Spain we say...what is cheap ..at the end..becomes very expensive ...

I will never buy rockchip ...the most incredible problem is that there are no better alternatives with better support ..

Comment

It´s incredible how this can happen...in Spain we say...what is cheap ..at the end..becomes very expensive ...

I will never buy rockchip ...the most incredible problem is that there are no better alternatives with better support ..
                      All the chipsets like that Amlogic, Rockchip, Allwinner have that problem.
                      But for each chipset there are hundreds of companies making their own tv boxes.
                      Rockchip eg, provides all the firmware, patches and support to their manufacturers.
                      It is up to the manufacturer of a tv box to implement new firmware and ota features themselves.
                      So most manufacturers use the 'ship and forget' method and when a new chipset comes out they release a new tv box instead to make more sales.
                      Since they sell the tv boxes for so cheap they don't have money to hire engineers to build firmware and know if their boxes pack up, users will then just buy a new one from them again.

With more expensive tv boxes you get much better support since the manufacturers have engineers, can work on problems and release updates.
                      Ugoos sells lots of Rockchip devices and even provides ota updates 2 years after release, so you do get what you pay for at the end.

If you buy a no name cheap Rockchip or Amlogic devices you will get no support.
                      The price of some tv boxes are less than 2-3 hours minimum wage of most countries.

What device did you buy, maybe there is a way to improve it a little with some compatible firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

What device did you buy, maybe there is a way to improve it a little with some compatible firmware?

I bought this one:

http://www.leotec.com/index.asp?acci...culo=LETVBOX02

And it was not so cheap ..for 50 euros more i could buy Nvidia Shield..

P.D.:
                        Firmware is not so bad..but,,NO ROOT..and no good Media center...no updates until now...and i think never ever..

Comment

I bought this one:

And it was not so cheap ..for 50 euros more i could buy Nvidia Shield..

P.D.:
                          Firmware is not so bad..but,,NO ROOT..and no good Media center...no updates until now...and i think never ever..
                          No, it won't get any updates from Leotec.
                          You can try Wasser RK3368 Lollipop firmware perhaps.
                          Try to check what wifi chip is inside then you will know what firmware to try.
                          Can get a 'dmesg' in a terminal app, must be rooted or open the device or try to find pictures online from someone that opened it.
                          RK3368 devices are actually very good if they have new firmware on.

Comment

Ok..thanks for the advice..let´s see if i can know which wifi chipset has...

Comment

Ok..thanks for the advice..let´s see if i can know which wifi chipset has...
                              The solution is buying something like an Nvidia Shield.

But it is of course a lot more expensive.

Comment

I see..i didn´t know that before...if i knew that...

Comment

Working...
                                X