Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RKMC - Rockchip is preparing their own official app based on KODI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This would seem to be the latest test build from 6 days ago.

https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/...vis/RKMC-Build

The build states Kodi 16.1-RC3 Git:2016-10-09-5c01d96-dirty
    Compiled Jun 2 2016
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by Defendor View Post
      Is this still the latest RKMC version or did I miss something on github ?https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/...5ad/RKMC-Build

Does someone has this version installed and can tell me which is the exact version number of that RKMC release ?
      This is the latest one from 6 days ago
      GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

The one you linked was from 2 months ago.

You also need to change the libffmpeg,so and librkffplayer.so in /system/lib to the latest ones
      GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Use MiXplorer File manager or anothe one and change the corect file permissions, must be rooted.

Comment

Won't the build from 6 days ago not already incorporate the 2 files though?

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
          Won't the build from 6 days ago not already incorporate the 2 files though?
          No, it has nothing to do with Kodi/RKMC.
          The 2 files are Android firmware related.
          They are mostly related to the internal video player in RK devices but librkffplayer is needed by RKMC if using RKCodec hardware acceleration, the old file might still work with the new build but if there are lots of changes in RKMC and librkffplayer doesn't get updated you will only see a black screen with video playback, then you will know it's time to update that file.

Comment

Great, thank you for your answers.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

No, it has nothing to do with Kodi/RKMC.
              The 2 files are Android firmware related.
              They are mostly related to the internal video player in RK devices but librkffplayer is needed by RKMC if using RKCodec hardware acceleration, the old file might still work with the new build but if there are lots of changes in RKMC and librkffplayer doesn't get updated you will only see a black screen with video playback, then you will know it's time to update that file.
              Well that explains why I wasn't getting full playback of some files when the Rockchip codec was enabled.

Replacing he files has cured that.

Comment

change the corect file permissions, must be rooted.
                Can you tell me what is meant with "the corect file permissions" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Defendor View Post

Can you tell me what is meant with "the corect file permissions" ?
                  Just use MiXplorer to replace the files, it puts the correct permissions on the files based on the folders.
                  [APP][2.2+] MiXplorer (full-featured file manager) Hello everyone! My name is Hootan. I work on XDA in my free time and this file explorer is my favorite Android project! MiXplorer mix of explorers (SD, FTP, Lan, Cloud and other storage...

Apps like ES File Explorer doesn't put the correct read write/read/rread file permissions(it's a Linux thing, Google to find out how it works) properly, then you have to do it manually and might get a bootloop if not done right.

Comment

Just use MiXplorer to replace the files, it puts the correct permissions on the files based on the folders.
                    It dont work on wasser 4.0.10 firmware(marschmallow). After replacing both files and rebooting - bootloop.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalriver View Post

It dont work on wasser 4.0.10 firmware(marschmallow). After replacing both files and rebooting - bootloop.
                      Neither of the files are for MM.

They are for Kitkat and Lollipop on the RK3288

Comment

That's why I tell people to stay on Lollipop firmware for better Kodi support.
                        RK3399 will be released in a month with proper Marshmallow and it will then be backported to RK3288.
                        At the moment MM firmware on RK3288 is more modified tablet firmware and don't have the correct files for RKMC.
                        Last edited by mo123; 10-16-2016, 13:45.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                          They are for Kitkat and Lollipop on the RK3288
                          I've seen it, but would like to try )

mo123, thanks for info

Comment

I've seen it, but would like to try )

mo123, thanks for info
                            I did the same kind of thing once myself.

But I was able to use adb to push the original files back and get booting again.

Always fun to experiment.

Comment

I was use TWRP file manager(do not forget to mount the partition "System") for replace those files, few minutes and all fine again

Comment

RK3399 will be released in a month with proper Marshmallow and it will then be backported to RK3288.

Do you think the proper Mashmallow can be ported to RK3368?¿?

Comment

Working...
                                X