This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, comrades.

I really liked the stability of FTMC over the SPMC, but there's one small thing which bothers me alot -
    when I'm throwing movie url at FTMC from the movie catalog app that I use - it only plays the movie, when FTMC was closed initially.
    Open FTMC ignores the links passed from catalog.
    P.S.
    1. SPMC and genuine Kody working well with the same catalog app that I use.
    2. TV box with Android 6.0

Is there any workaround maybe ? Is it known issue ?

Comment

• mo123
      mo123 commented
      Editing a comment
      FTMC and SPMC are both discontinued.
      Try to use Kodi 18.

Originally posted by tomhardy View Post
    Hi... Should have mentioned you need to install this first:-

https://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/addons...hon-2.25.0.zip

Download, then use install from Zip files...

Then you can install all those others!
    Hey tomhardy, thanks for this. Everything installed but the 'requests' module. That one is still missing a dependency. However, I tried this on .30, are you .31? Or do you think it'll make any difference?

Comment

I'm on .31... Maybe try a clean install of FTMC, then the xbmc.python-2.25.0.zip, then all those other add-ons...

Comment

On the FB Group / Forum (Ti8 - EZ-Stream / Element) I keep reading that the latest FTMC is 16.31 and there is no new versions coming. Also that Jarvis & FTMC are discontinued. The word is - Buy a newer box with newer hardware. My box isn't all that old. I read here on FT to install Kodi 18. I'm not sure exactly how to go about doing that, because FTMC / Jarvis was pre-installed on the box and updated through FTMC's updater. (It no longer updates) So I'm wondering - Do I format / wipe the box clean and then install android and then install kodi 18? Is that what I do? Sorry no experience at all with manual builds. What to do .. what to do? Can someone help? Thanks!

FTMC - 16.2-31.
        Last edited by WillySiz; 09-27-2018, 00:44.
        Ti8 - Element Technologies - Android - TV Box
        AMLogic - S912 - Octa-Core - 64-bit Cortex-A53
        CPU. ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU - 2gb Ram - 16GB
        Mem - Android 6.01 Marshmallow. FTMC - 16.2-30.

Comment

• mo123
          mo123 commented
          Editing a comment
          So sad to see an open-source project like FTMC being used for piracy by companies.
          I see they now sell a rebranded Mecool KM8 for $99 probably also full of piracy addons.
          Send the device back and buy something decent like a Mibox instead.

I installed the superceleron rom. FTMC is included. I want to add sources, but every time I get an error when trying to add them and have no zip for install. Where can I enable "unknown sources" in FTMC??? I cant find that.

Edit: Tried to remove FTMC, but the icon is still on the homescreen. This is real sh..!

Comment

I don't know exactly how everything is pre-installed and setup on the box. Some Kodi stuff (log viewer) never worked. On the surface everything sorta looks like Kodi, but underneath it is FTMC.
          Thanks mo123 .. will check out the Mibox. I don't think the box can be returned now, so I'll see if I can get kodi on it. I've been reading and I guess I need to get kodi on first and then install a "build" that works for that version of kodi. Rasbi .. (( "superceleron rom. FTMC is included." )) I don't know anything about that package. I think you need to go - Settings / More Settings / down to - Security and click on it. Unknown sources is at the bottom. GL
          Ti8 - Element Technologies - Android - TV Box
          AMLogic - S912 - Octa-Core - 64-bit Cortex-A53
          CPU. ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU - 2gb Ram - 16GB
          Mem - Android 6.01 Marshmallow. FTMC - 16.2-30.

Comment

I have a green screen on my MX10 TV Box. Can anyone help me?

Comment

Originally posted by drivealot View Post
              I have a green screen on my MX10 TV Box. Can anyone help me?
              You must use it as a system app.
              If it still doesn't work then your firmware is broken and using FTMC won't work.
              Try to use Kodi 18 or contact the manufacturer/seller for an updated firmware.
              You get what you pay for.

Comment

Exodus 6.0 Will this work in FTMC based on Lollipop. I'm running Mo's Rom on a tronsmart rk3368. It will install the repository but under Video addons Exodus is not there to install.

Comment

• mo123
                  mo123 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Most addons now require Kodi 18 to work.
                  FTMC is based on Kodi 16 so most addons won't work anymore, only local playback.

UPDATE: I installed this from Play store and it has 10 options, works perfect with FTMC and all other Kodi/XBMC variants. Launcher for XBMC

Hello all. I'm running FTMC latest on MyGica Android 4.4 (armlogic). Which techniques do you use to boot the Android box directly into FTMC the fastest way ? I don't even need the MyGica Launcher to start (save memory and 5seconds). Thank you all.
                Last edited by freak8tab; 10-20-2018, 17:24.

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm using Superceleron ATV ROM plus FTMC. I'm finding problems getting the sound on my BT earphones when playing a movie. Sometimes I need to play 1-2 minutes until I get the sound, sometimes even more. Weirdest thing is that they work perfectly with any other Android app. FTMC interface sounds also work without problems. I also noticed that when the movie starts BT earphones get activated (but no sound sank), so it seems to be a bug somewhere. Since SPMC shows the very same problem, I guess it might be related to Kodi 16 codebase. Has anyone else suffered from that and has been able to workaround it?

Youtube: OK
                  VLC: OK
                  Kodi 17: OK
                  Kodi 18: OK
                  FTMC system sounds: OK
                  FTMC movie sound: FAIL
                  SPMC system sounds: OK
                  SPMC movie sound: FAIL

Comment

Thank you for this. One question, I​​​​ have an MK808B (uses RK3066) so should I still be using the Rockchip FTMC apk as the RK3066 is not listed?

Comment

Originally posted by Bueno View Post
                      Thank you for this. One question, I​​​​ have an MK808B (uses RK3066) so should I still be using the Rockchip FTMC apk as the RK3066 is not listed?
                      FTMC only works for Lollipop and above, not KitKat and for RK3288, RK3368, RK3229 devices.

Comment

Hi guys. Trying FTMC Arm Rockchip 16.2.31 on my MX10 box (RK3328).
                        Installed from apk from this page, but when FTMC starting it says: libftmc.so is missing and with RKCODEC enabled is always crashing when attempting to play any video.
                        Any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeAve View Post
                          Hi guys. Trying FTMC Arm Rockchip 16.2.31 on my MX10 box (RK3328).
                          Installed from apk from this page, but when FTMC starting it says: libftmc.so is missing and with RKCODEC enabled is always crashing when attempting to play any video.
                          Any idea?
                          you need to install as system app in order to work

Comment

Working...
                          X