No announcement yet.

Problem with Pipo X8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! Which file did she tell you to run?

Comment

As per my last post you download the compressed file, uncompress and run the batch file FLASHPTWin32.bat as an administrator.

Comment

Thanks. In your last post there is some sort of icon that is not shown and replaced with a missing file icon, so I thought I would clarify.

Comment

An update: The BIOS upgrade made it such that when the Pipo X8 is connected to a TV via HDMI, and you play video, the device's screen will turn off after a few seconds. Then there are no freezing issues. I continue to suspect that the issues are with overheating by the display, and the BIOS fix mitigates this. So if you use the Pipo X8 as a TV box it works great, as a tablet not as well. Perhaps putting a cooling pad underneath will resolve the device's display issue.

Comment

What is the date of this BIOS?
            I just got mine in today and am curious to see if mine already has the new BIOS.
            Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Old_Bull View Post
              What is the date of this BIOS?
              I just got mine in today and am curious to see if mine already has the new BIOS.
              Thank you.
              I checked and it indicated 5.008 released on 12-Jul-2015. Just to let you know, the BIOS upgrade, plus a few other "customizations" have not resolved, only lessened the issues with my Pipo X8. I hope yours is not a lemon like mine.

Comment

I finally received my pipo x8. The seller sent me the wrong one! They sent me a 32gb instead of 64gb. But I did play with the device yesterday. I had 2 moments where i thought that the device freezed. I was using the device non stop for 7-8 hours straight. I am however not sure if it did temporarily freeze. It could have been my mele f10 pro flymouse not responding. The device gets hot but I did not experience any real slowness, shutdowns and screenfreezes. I ran the windows 10 update, watched some tv shows with kodi and browsed the internet a bit. Later today I am going to run stress tests to check if my unit does the same.

Comment

I have different problem with my PIPO X8. One night i forgot to turn it off, and in the morning it was dead (probably overheating or something else).
                  Now it is impossible to for me to return it to manufacturer, because FLASH contains personal data, which I don't want to share with them, and there is no way to erase flash on dead device

Comment

Working...
                  X