No announcement yet.

Minix Neo Z64A to Z64W and reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want to warn one thing please.....

If you flash the Z64A with Windows BIOS you need to have your own copy of Windows 8.1 and key.

PLEASE no posting of Windows 8.1 with Bing ISO's here. We will delete any links like that.

So while this shows you HOW to go from Android to Windows, because the Android version of this box did NOT come with a licensed Windows, you are on your own to get a real license and not pirate it. So this also means PLEASE no talk of piracy!

Thanks,
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Heres my step by step video walk through - cheers to op for making this an easy one!

Last edited by alwaysbless; 03-19-2015, 03:15.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
        Heres my step by step video walk through - cheers to op for making this an easy one!

very nice tutorial video!

Comment

Thank you for this nice video, I will try it tonigt

Update:

I tried it with 32 Bit, Windows 10 January Preview - ISO and everything went as expected!

First I made a http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...The-NiTRo-TeaMFULL-EMMC-BACKUP of my Z64a according The-NiTRo-TeaM.

After flashing/updating Z64a BIOS for Windows, I installed Win10 via the USB stick (you can even use your Microsoft ID for getting security code from MS or get a new ID everything is legal now)

Later I also installed the drivers delivered by MINIX. No problem with this drivers under Windows 10.

Now I can use my Z64 just like a Windows Mini PC. You can install all your Windows programs, watch flash videos etc. (You have to install the drivers to get the best performance!)

Again, many many thanks to everyone who gave us this possibility and documentation

moonrise

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post

Last edited by moonrise; 03-18-2015, 09:33.

Comment

Official Z64 BIOS conversion files

Hello guys!

Here are the official conversion files required!

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              I just want to warn one thing please.....

If you flash the Z64A with Windows BIOS you need to have your own copy of Windows 8.1 and key.

PLEASE no posting of Windows 8.1 with Bing ISO's here. We will delete any links like that.

So while this shows you HOW to go from Android to Windows, because the Android version of this box did NOT come with a licensed Windows, you are on your own to get a real license and not pirate it. So this also means PLEASE no talk of piracy!

Thanks,
              Bob

Comment

Hi Ken,

THX

BTW: I don't now if you already recognised it, but because you use blanks at your filenames you get problems with "auto-url" at the forum (like we also at FT) so you have to insert the url manually...
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Just to make life easier.. http://www.minix.com.hk/downfile/Z64%20BIOS.rar
                  There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

If you want to convert from windows to android, please backup your windows license key before do that, because if you want to return to windows from android, maybe you will need to insert it.

The windows key is inserted in the your installed Bios, I didn't test the new Bios from Ken (Thanks a lot for it ) but I think the key in BIOS will be empty.

You can follow this tips from Bob Finless (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...OS-Windows-Key) or use Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder ( https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/ ) to backup your stock license key.

Last edited by leolas; 03-27-2015, 10:22.
                      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                      My devices:
                      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                      Gearbest.com)
                      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

I'm willing to buy the Minix Z64 box, and 'm thinking about the Android or Windows version.

In my thoughts, i think that if i buy the windows version i get a legal key(is this correct?) and can convert to android if i want, and get back to windows later if i need. If i buy the Adnroid version and change to windows, i will (teorically) need a legal key to install windows. Am i right, or this version of windows of the Z64W doesn't have a licence key?

And is it "normal" to turn windows into android and then reverse it? I ask this because this line wrote by Ken @ Minix forum :(Andriod to Windows [this one should be wanted by most of you], OR Windows to Android [very rare I believe]).

Why Windows to Android is "very rare I believe"?
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rfwagner View Post
                          ... i think that if i buy the windows version i get a legal key(is this correct?) ...
                          Yes, but you should save the key like e.g. http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...a.html#option5 or "Windows 9 Product Key Viewer"

... If i buy the Adnroid version and change to windows, i will (teorically) need a legal key to install windows...
                          Yes

... Why Windows to Android is "very rare I believe"?...
                          Because the people want to buy the cheaper Android version and change it to a windows version by there own way
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post

Yes, but you should save the key like e.g. http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...a.html#option5 or "Windows 9 Product Key Viewer"

Yes

Because the people want to buy the cheaper Android version and change it to a windows version by there own way
                            Just a heads up that there is another device out there with the same specs that comes with Win 8.1 for less then the price of the Android Minix - It's called a Vensmile iPC002

Comment

Have done a full emmc backup, and restore. Now about to try my first switch.
                              As the instructions and video don't all match the download files now available, I've done a summary of what (I think's) been said and files available (with credit to those who first sourced the info):

Minix Z64 - Flash between Android & Windows

Require:
                              USB stick
                              USB Keyboard
                              Rufus (Usb memory stick tool) and Windows toolkit (for converting from a new Win ISO file): https://drive.google.com/folderview?...&usp=drive_web

Minix official BIOS conversion files: http://minix.com.hk/downfile/Z64%20BIOS.rar

Windows ISO file 32 bit: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-refresh-media

See Windows 8.1 media creation tool guide: http://www.redmondpie.com/download-w...key-from-here/

Windows 8.1 device drivers pack from Team MINIX.
                              http://minix.com.hk/downfile/NEO%20Z...1%20DRIVER.rar

BIOS INSTALL:

USB stick format:
                              - Start rufus
                              - Partition scheme and target system type: MBR partition scheme for UEFI computer, File System: FAT32
                              - Create bootable disk - NO (remove the checkmark)
                              - Start

Put new BIOS on USB:

- Open Z64 BIOS.rar and extract folder Z64 BIOS (following instructions are from readme.txt)

Choose the folder under Z64 BIOS folder for the BIOS change you need, either android-to-windows or windows-to-android.
                              - Copy all 4 files inside the selected folder to the root directory of your USB stick

- During power up & boot up, hold down the F11 key on your keyboard to enter BIOS

- Under SAVE & EXIT menu, under Boot Override select UEFI: "Built-in EFI Shell" and hit enter to continue

BIOS re-flashing will then begin automatically.
                              Re-flashing shall take a few minutes, PLEASE BE PATIENT!

DO NOT DISCONNECT POWER DURING THE PROCESS,
                              OR YOUR UNIT WILL BE BRICKED (KILLING THE BIOS WHICH YOU CAN'T RESCUE)

At end of BIOS install, Z64 should power off. ( ? or shutdown the device from the power button).

Next time you enter BIOS check the Project Version. it should be "JCRDA 1.22 x64" for Android or "JCRDW 1.43" for Windows.

WINDOWS INSTALL:

Put Windows setup on USB:
                              - Start rufus
                              - Partition scheme and target system type: MBR partition scheme for UEFI computer, File System: FAT32
                              - Create bootable disk - YES ; using: ISO IMAGE ; browse to Windows ISO

- Start
                              When finisheded may get Error message (boot patch?) just close it.
                              Check on USB drive that this file exists: EFI\BOOT\bootia32.efi

Put USB drive in Z64.
                              Power up and it should boot straight into Windows Install (then ignore next step).

If it that doesn't happen, then: Power up and during boot hold down the Esc (or F11) key on your keyboard to enter BIOS. Go to SAVE & EXIT menu then try:

? EITHER - Select your USB below Boot Override. It will start the install process automatically

? OR - Under Boot Override select UEFI: "Built-in EFI Shell" and hit enter to continue
                              When it finishes and times out, scroll up to see how USB drive has been asssigned:
                              Under "Device Mapping Table look for "Removeable Hard Disk" note assignment eg "blk1"
                              Type:
                              blk1: <enter> -selects drive
                              cd \EFI\BOOT <enter> -selects directory
                              ls <enter> -lists files - should see bootia32.efi
                              bootia32.efi - launches Windows install

When Windows install reaches "where do you want to install Windows", many partitions may exist. Delete all except the system (Drive 0 Partition 1: ESP)
                              Should end up with Unallocated Space = 29.1 GB Select that and click NEW to create partitions. New primary type partition should be selected, Press NEXT to launch install.

After reboot:
                              Enter Product Key
                              Go to Desktop, right click - Personalise - Themes - Desktop Icon Settings - check "Computer" - OK

From the Windows 8.1 device drivers pack NEO Z64 WIN8.1 DRIVER.rar extract folder "Driver Package" to USB stick.
                              With USB stick in the Z64 , browse to & run USB \ Driver Package \ Installer \ Platform Installer \ setup
                              This will install Intel MRD7 drivers.

After reboot goto Desktop. Should have wifi and speaker icons. Mouse to Search box, type in "device manager" & run, check there's no yellow "!" marks.

Last edited by p00p; 11-13-2015, 03:30. Reason: forgot url for drivers

Comment

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...&usp=drive_web google say it has a virus, can't download!
                                any other download locations?

Comment

Working...
                                X